Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:36:21 PM

I have over $80k in equipment running right now from BFL. They have delivered. BIG. This is why I tend to believe BFL.

Admittedly, I have never bought one of the mod miners.
So, you are taking your judgement from things that happened in the past. I didn't follow this thread very closely, but I don't think Tom let anyone down or made false promises in the beginning (MH/s/J being off by a factor of 4...) - did he?. So WHY should he lie this time? As for the prototype... well, I already asked: Would you believe him if he didn't say a single word about having a prototype?

What would happen if BFL said they have "running a prototype"... do you think we are going to hear (or see) more from then than that? I don't. It's hard to believe they DON'T already HAVE a prototype. At least if they want to be on schedule with delivery. But I guess they don't mention their prototype because the same thing that now happens to Tom will happen to them... people asking for a proof and shouting "LIE!" until proof is provided.

So maybe the only mistake Tom made is mentioning his prototype?

Someone believing that BFL will deliver their ASIC products (as advertised) should have no problem believing Tom. That's the way I see it and I would like to remind you that I did not put any money in either BFL or Tom's products.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:37:07 PM

I am in agreement Tom. If you happen to be on par with BFL with ASICs then show you are the better solution by providing the info that BFL would not dare to.

We are not saying you have to show all your secrets, just tantalize us with a little show.

He isnt on par, he is by his own admission a few months behind BFL's official timeline. And yet he has already divulged (slightly) more info than BFL has.

Dont get me wrong; I wouldnt mind seeing a video to satisfy my own curiosity, but this thinly disguised scepticism/hostility is uncalled for IMO. I really wish Giga had shown similar scepticism and desire to save us all from scammers when some anonymous guy took in far larger sums of money with only a promise to double it every 2 months. I guess that needed no video to be believable.

Sp0tter

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:38:18 PM

Someone believing that BFL will deliver their ASIC products (as advertised) should have no problem believing Tom. That's the way I see it and I would like to remind you that I don't put any money in either BFL or Tom's products.

BFL never claimed to have a working prototype mining right now....  that is the difference.  

If you have it, just explain why we can't see it...  don't wast time explaining why its unreasonable to ask to see it or why its unreasonable that BFL didn't show it.. etc .etc...

s/you/he/g

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:41:21 PM

BFL never claimed to have a working prototype mining right now....  that is the difference.  

You could rephrase that, and say BFL wont even tell us if they have a working prototype or not. Why not?

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:41:32 PM

I really wish Giga had shown similar scepticism and desire to save us all from scammers when some anonymous guy took in far larger sums of money with only a promise to double it every 2 months. I guess that needed no video to be believable.
That's a good one. Makes it look even more like some kind of personal crusade against Tom.

Sp0tter

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:43:04 PM

You could rephrase that, and say BFL wont even tell us if they have a working prototype or not. Why not?

I completely agree..    it is utter BS that they are taking all this money in preorders without more information...   I was just trying to to bash them here, it would be off topic Smiley

Sp0tter

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:43:38 PM

I completely agree..    it is utter BS that they are taking all this money in preorders without more information...   I was just trying to not bash them here, it would be off topic Smiley

p.s.  I was really disappointed when the countdown hit 0, then said "null" and started counting back up. ...

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:45:58 PM

Does this sound like I'm bullying?

The truth is it just takes time to have these kind of chips made, and then you still have to have the boards assembled. its a lengthy process. I am just happy we finally have a prototype that works that we can move forward with this is something that has been in the works for awhile.

I guess if you have a prototype working you wouldn't mind throwing a quick video up showing it running on a pool.

The response below seems a little harsh for asking for a video...

it is absolutely ridiculous and asinine to try and bully someone into revealing photos and video of a prototype in a market such as this. I am sure BFL does have a prototype, if they do not have a prototype there is no way in hell they will be shipping anything in November.

I do not know for what reason I would make this up, I have never scammed or done wrong to anyone on this forum ever, I delivered on the ModMiner quad and I will deliver on this, if for whatever reason you think I am making this up please by all means do not buy it. I will not be bullied into doing something I do not feel comfortable doing.

If you want to make this about me, we can, but that would be off topic for this thread.

I've asked for a simple thing. If Tom does not want to provide it, that's fine also. If he did provide it, it would probably guarantee him $100k in orders in a single day.
Sp0tter

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:46:56 PM

I would like to point out that I asked a pretty simple question.

Absolutely not.  It was clearly a personal attack.      Grin

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:54:01 PM

I for the record am not trying to be negative on anyone, least of all someone in the same space as BFL.  I was just itching to see something. With the past two months of rampant speculation and no info this would have been a brilliant chance for some great advertising, even if it was a prototype. Smiley

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:54:20 PM

I don't know about the differences you two had in the past, but given you are not best friends your question could be taken... well, at least somewhat "insisting". I don't say Tom's way to answer your question was the best one... but if you don't like each other, why haven't you just waited until someone else asked your question?

If someone who I think "hates" me would ask me a question like yours I would probably also react like Tom did.

As I said, I'm not defending him. He could have answered more politely... but he didn't and I can understand why. I don't think the way he answered should be taken as "uh-oh, the reason he answered like this is because he actually has no prototype".

cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:09:47 AM

wow, the response for this is bigger than I thought it would be, plus I have been dropping hints around the forum for months and talking to a lot of people about this so I did not realize it would be that big of a surprise

lets just drop the thing with giga - but believe me if you have been through what I have been through with him - you would react the exact same way.

I will get to Pm's and email inquiries as soon as I can, getting a lot of questions.

Sp0tter

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:15:45 AM

Nobody cares about gigavps.  Show us a video of the prototype you claim to have and stop redirecting everything at some blood feud.     Please Smiley  (Or explain exactly why you cannot show such a video.  This is not something you "owe" people.. it is just courteous)

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:20:43 AM

Will the mod miners be taking a back seat now? Any chance of the firmware/bitstream bringing them to 1Gh/s before your ASIC ships?

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:23:36 AM

Westinghouse vs. Edison, 2012 remake.   I'm glad to have a front-row seat, and good luck to both companies.  

One of you guys should see how many mining rigs it would take to electrocute an elephant.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:34:40 AM

Sp0tter:

I am not showing photo/video of my prototype for the same reason BFL has not announced they have a prototype. If it is any consolation to you, such video could be easily faked. When I have a finalized production model I will display photos on this forum and on my web site just like I did with the MMQ.

AmDD:

we will continue to support the ModMiner quad as long as people still use them. We are ready to bring the TLM bitstream to the MMQ but are waiting on a response from eldentyrel to move forward with it.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:36:31 AM

Cool. I'll be in contact.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:46:05 AM

PM's have been answered

the amount of email inquiries is overwhelming right now - I will do my best to make sure they are all answered in the AM.

thank you.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:57:11 AM

wow, the response for this is bigger than I thought it would be, plus I have been dropping hints around the forum for months and talking to a lot of people about this so I did not realize it would be that big of a surprise

I've been around, and besides the poll you post a few days ago, I havn't seen any "hints". Needless to say, I was quite surprised.

Can the comparisons to BFL just stop? From both sides? Or put it into a different thread? I've never been a fan of the MMQ, but I've always given Tom props where props are due, such as always having consistent shipping times. I just had to read 3 pages of bickering trying to weed thru any information from Tom I could find.

So a few questions!

27GH/s... Is that for multiple chips, or each module? Meaning 4 chips on a quad backplate (like the MMQ) would each get ~6.5GH/s?

Is there an option (like the MMQ) to order just a board with 1 chip?

At what point will you issue a refund if the order is not fulfilled? End of December? 90 days after an order has been placed?

Will these use the same back-plate as the MMQ? Will there be an option to purchase new modules to upgrade an existing MMQ?

You said you don't know what the power draw will be? By "more efficient" than a MMQ, is that total power, or MHs/W? If the latter, this could use > 1.2KW and still me considered "more efficient".

By the time this is released, will this be supported by BFGMiner?

Will the initial orders be shipped all at once, or shipped as soon as they are ready on a first-come-first-served basis?

Very interesting... very interesting indeed.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:02:05 AM

I've been around, and besides the poll you post a few days ago, I havn't seen any "hints". Needless to say, I was quite surprised.

Can the comparisons to BFL just stop? From both sides? Or put it into a different thread? I've never been a fan of the MMQ, but I've always given Tom props where props are due, such as always having consistent shipping times. I just had to read 3 pages of bickering trying to weed thru any information from Tom I could find.

So a few questions!

27GH/s... Is that for multiple chips, or each module? Meaning 4 chips on a quad backplate (like the MMQ) would each get ~6.5GH/s?

it is from multiple chips, exact details of the exact target ASIC technology and the amount of chips on the bASIC unit will be public in the next couple of days

Is there an option (like the MMQ) to order just a board with 1 chip?

At what point will you issue a refund if the order is not fulfilled? End of December? 90 days after an order has been placed?

since we are taking pre-orders right now we will issue a refund at any time

Will these use the same back-plate as the MMQ? Will there be an option to purchase new modules to upgrade an existing MMQ?

it is a completely different pcb setup

You said you don't know what the power draw will be? By "more efficient" than a MMQ, is that total power, or MHs/W? If the latter, this could use > 1.2KW and still me considered "more efficient".

this will be public info in a few days

By the time this is released, will this be supported by BFGMiner?

I have already hired Luke-JR to write the firmware for our MCU chip as well as to make BFGMiner compatible with the bASIC mining unit

Will the initial orders be shipped all at once, or shipped as soon as they are ready on a first-come-first-served basis?

bASIC units will be assembled at the same plant that the ModMiner Quad's are, they will be produced in batches of 30-50 every 5-10 days and shipped out on first come first served basis

Very interesting... very interesting indeed.
say word. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: