Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 05:01:55 AM

The first person to post which movie I am referencing here (and proving you are a child of the 80's)
I had no clue, but 15 seconds and a reverse Google Image search later, I found the answer. Kind of silly posting a contest that's so easily cheat-able.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 10:39:00 AM

Happy Halloween from your friends at team BTCFPGA and all of us from the bASIC "Squad" Smiley

Let's have some Halloween fun!

The first person to post which movie I am referencing here (and proving you are a child of the 80's)

will win 5 free physical bitcoins from https://www.casascius.com/ !!!

Good Luck !

edit: Ill check back later for the winner I have been invited to several parties and I need to make an appearance at the most important ones at least bbl! Smiley

I knew right away because I am old.  I saw this movie.  I remember the name, I remember that there were some kids, a railroad track and a murder and I remember there was a fat kid.  But that is all I remember, Oh, and I saw it with my wife.

"Stand By Me"
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

@ Tom

It is smart not to address the issue I have raised about you products not being in compliance with federal regulations. If you were to tell buyers and prospective buyers that you are indeed in compliance with federal regulations when you were not that might be seen in a court of law as fraudulent. Fraud is a crime, right?

Tom, your silence speaks for you. Buyers and the community will draw their own conclusions.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 11:45:58 AM

@ Tom

It is smart not to address the issue I have raised about you products not being in compliance with federal regulations. If you were to tell buyers and prospective buyers that you are indeed in compliance with federal regulations when you were not that might be seen in a court of law as fraudulent. Fraud is a crime, right?

Tom, your silence speaks for you. Buyers and the community will draw their own conclusions.

What regulations are you talking about ?

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 12:14:26 PM

@ Tom

What regulations are you talking about ?

I believe he is referring to the FCC regulations, but that said...... do any/have any of the other manufacturers  done compliance either?

But If your'e gonna attempt to bitch slap someone over something, at least have a level playing field that applies to all players.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 01:04:29 PM

@ Tom

I think that if anyone wants FCC Class B, then they must return to GPUs.  I don't see any certs on my BFL or MMQ hardware.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:09:19 PM

This stuff is just getting ridiculous. People are obviously pissed off that BFL isn't shipping when they said they were.

So yeah go ahead and try to stir up something from nothing.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

The buyers and the community is obviously smarter than MeSarah (another GIRL: Guy In Real Life). We know that the rules only apply to assembled equipment, mounted in an enclosure with a power supply. If Tom would ship the equipment with a matching power supply and in a nice little box, then yes, there better be an FCC part 15 Class A, CE and ROHS sticker on the back and some paperwork to back it up.

But Tom ships individual boards and it's the receiving customer who integrates it into his equipment, so guess what, the rules don't apply as Tom has no idea what the end user will do with the equipment. Some pictures of GPUs dangling from open computer cases with PCIexpress extention cables are an obvious example of whatever the manufacturer had in mind, the end user clearly did not respect any kind of mounting advice and should not complain about any RF interference.

Maybe MeSarah should spend his time on checking with other competitors, who do ship assembled minirigs with power supplies included (internal or external). Keep us up to date if they have paperwork! In them mean time, keep the meaningless FUD of this thread.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 08:58:06 PM

bASIC units are up to 1000x more efficient when compared to previous generation devices.

I'm trying to figure out how you can make this claim. Are you referring to FPGAs? GPUs? CPUs?!

My 7970 makes 630MH/s @ 160W. I would need 86 GPUs to get 54GH/s, which would be 13,760W. 12,760/1,000 = 13.7W, which I highly doubt.
A 5770 makes 200MH/s @ ~100W. You would need 270 GPUs to get 54GH/s, which would be 27,000W. 27,000/1,000 = 27W, which is still unlikely.
My brother's Nvidia 9800 GTX gets 30MH/s @ 140W. You would need 1,800 GPUs to get 54GH/s, which would be 252,000W. 252,000/1,000 would be 252W per 54GH/s, which I'm guessing you'll actually do better than that.

Damn, I just answered my own question. Tongue

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:34:51 PM

The ridiculous legality claims that have been raised on this forum let alone this thread are amazing. Isn't everyone participating in the bitcoin experiment breaking the law in one way or another? If your answer is no, i'm sure a lawyer exists that can prove you wrong in a court of law. Can the trolls please move on. Thanks.
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 12:48:02 AM

To my loyal and highly respected customers:

Sorry I was not around today to answer any e-mails or calls. Had some family stuff going on and decided to take a well deserved day off.

I will be working normal business hours tomorrow and will be answering all emails and taking phone calls as well. If you need me please call between the hours of 10am-9pm EST - thank you.

To the trolls:

Now I am not sure what you trolls are hoping to accomplish but FCC regulations? are you serious?

Do you even know what the FCC regulates?

Please read:

http://www.fcc.gov/what-we-do

and if that does not answer your question - please chew on this: the engineering, layout, and assembly firms we deal with are at the top of their respective industries - these guys are fully aware of what they are designing and how it is going to be sold, if I was in violation of any US laws - I am sure they would not be a part of it.

btw: This will be the last time I am going to respond to complete nonsense.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 01:05:57 AM

To my loyal and highly respected customers:

Sorry I was not around today to answer any e-mails or calls. Had some family stuff going on and decided to take a well deserved day off.

I will be working normal business hours tomorrow and will be answering all emails and taking phone calls as well. If you need me please call between the hours of 10am-9pm EST - thank you.

To the trolls:

Now I am not sure what you trolls are hoping to accomplish but FCC regulations? are you serious?

Do you even know what the FCC regulates?

Please read:

http://www.fcc.gov/what-we-do

and if that does not answer your question - please chew on this: the engineering, layout, and assembly firms we deal with are at the top of their respective industries - these guys are fully aware of what they are designing and how it is going to be sold, if I was in violation of any US laws - I am sure they would not be a part of it.

btw: This will be the last time I am going to respond to complete nonsense.

Hey Tom,
Can you comment on what the timeline is for your assembly house actually getting the silicon from the fab? I know that we probably won't see actual product photos until pretty close to the shipping just due to the nature of how you're building these, but it would be really nice to know how the process is going.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:08:33 AM

As I have commented before the chips are on time - we are waiting on the board design / layout process (which includes testing) to complete.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 01:15:25 AM

As I have commented before the chips are on time - we are waiting on the board design / layout process (which includes testing) to complete.
Thanks. Given you said they've been in fab for a couple weeks I'd expect them to be ready quite soon. I was more just wondering when they'd actually be sliced, packaged and delivered since that probably the last real possible show stopper. Problems with the board can be fixed through ECOs or if drastic you could do a couple day turn around, so once you get the chips back and tested I'd guess your delivery time would be quite firm. I'm looking forward to the possibility of getting my bASICs before BFL even ships.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:49:05 AM

thank you for everyone's support. I wish I could tell you the name of the engineering firm that is working on the bASIC design. Dropping that name alone with gain massive credibility with those who are familiar with the industry however that is something I cannot do.

They have a process and a way about doing things that takes some time but it also gives us a 99.9% chance that they will get it right the first time.

The modminer quad board had to be redesigned 3 times before it was ready for the end user - however that board was designed by a 19 year old college student and not by one of the top manufacturing level engineering firms in California.

I am going to take the advice of many and start my own forum so the truth will no longer be buried in bull shit and I will continue to update with info as I get it. I will work on the engineers this week to send me a graphic render of the board as I know this will appease many - also I want everyone to remember our refund policy. If you have any doubts what so ever about the bASIC line of Bitcoin mining devices or if you need a refund for any reason at all please do not hesitate to email me and request to cancel your order. Out of almost 900 orders I have only had three such requests and I have a waiting list of people from the second batch who are itching for a spot in the first if you dont want your space in line there are people who want it desperately.

We are almost there my friends, hang in there Smiley

im out for the night remember I will be available all day tomorrow and will be returning emails and taking calls

thanks again for everyone's support and good night

Tom

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 02:36:57 AM

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Tom. It's always highly appreciated. I will be checking out your new board when it's up.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:57:26 AM

...also I want everyone to remember our refund policy. If you have any doubts what so ever about the bASIC line of Bitcoin mining devices or if you need a refund for any reason at all please do not hesitate to email me and request to cancel your order.

That seems at odds with the "Terms & Conditions" page on the website:

Quote from: bitcoinasic.com
Due to the nature of how we buy the parts to build these units, once an order has been placed and payment has been made - the order cannot be canceled.

We do not issue refunds however we do offer a full 1 year warranty.

Maybe the page needs updating?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

yeah the webdev guy copied it over from the old site - that policy referred to ModMiner Quad sales and still does as a matter of fact.

thanks for pointing that out so I can fix it.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 03:17:11 AM

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

Other Terms

We reserve the right to not do business with whomever we chose.

Refund policy is as follows:

You can request a no questions asked refund at any time up until board assembly starts.

When production starts we will give notice and a one week window to cancel your order and receive your refund.

All mining units include a one year warranty. Simple fill out the RMA section of the site and send the unit back for full replacement.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:36:16 AM

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

Other Terms

We reserve the right to not do business with whomever we chose.

Refund policy is as follows:

You can request a no questions asked refund at any time up until board assembly starts.

When production starts we will give notice and a one week window to cancel your order and receive your refund.

All mining units include a one year warranty. Simple fill out the RMA section of the site and send the unit back for full replacement.

How'd you do that so fast? I've heard it takes 14 days to update notices on websites.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: