Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:56:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe we all should just live Currency Free ?  (Read 6680 times)
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:42:40 PM

Humans do not need to do those things either.

Some people would debate that...

But let's say you're right. Okay, then there is no need to live in houses, drive cars, fly planes or explore space either.

The only thing humans need is food, water, and shelter, all of which can be accommodated at an extremely rudimentary level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John S.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:42:53 PM

It seems some individuals here expect others (and themselves) to exclusively act out of pure emotional generosity; without monetary gain or otherwise.

This isn't an achievable end.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:46:47 PM

Humans do not need to do those things either.

Some people would debate that...

But let's say you're right. Okay, then there is no need to live in houses, drive cars, fly planes or explore space either.

The only thing humans need is food, water, and shelter, all of which can be accommodated at an extremely rudimentary level.
Now you're starting to sound like Maslow  Grin

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 10:00:17 PM

It seems some individuals here expect others (and themselves) to exclusively act out of pure emotional generosity; without monetary gain or otherwise.

This isn't an achievable end.

To the contrary, recognizing the totalitarian nature physical reality, our shared planet and the knowledge that we can provide for every basic human need, and the knowledge that people contribute to society when their basic needs are met, it is actually an intellectually enlightened motivation that drives us towards this end. It is the monetary system that predicates its usefulness on emotional appeals to nationalism, fear, pride, lust and others.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:07:41 PM

THE debate on Venus Project VS Voluntaryism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjwBZjADiM
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:32:20 AM

They need to go first.  You know, to show us the way.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 02:57:40 AM

That's what good parents are for. How much did you have to pay for your upbringing?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
John S.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:01:20 AM

That's what good parents are for. How much did you have to pay for your upbringing?
That's like asking how much I paid the hobo who just cleaned my windshield without asking:

Nothing.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:06:25 AM

That's like asking how much I paid the hobo who just cleaned my windshield without asking:

Nothing.

Except that I don't think the hobo loves your windshield.
John S.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:07:57 AM

Nothing.

The hobo may love me but that doesn't mean I owe him anything. It doesn't mean I am his slave.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:23:25 AM

Nothing.

The hobo may love me but that doesn't mean I owe him anything. It doesn't mean I am his slave.

Sup Atlas.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:27:01 AM

Nothing.

Sup Atlas.
Yeah, we're here for ya, Buddy.

John S.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:29:09 AM

Great, it's this Atlas shit again.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:31:15 AM

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou

John S.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:36:40 AM

So, you've heard this in another thread then?
Several.
John S.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 04:34:59 AM

So, you've heard this in another thread then?
Several.

Ah, I see. I’m sure you know the whole smoke-fire thing so I won’t cover that again.

I do have one question though, how was your run in with the police? Did that plan go as you expected?
Huh?
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:15:04 AM

THE debate on Venus Project VS Voluntaryism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjwBZjADiM

even better (and much more concise):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FDbZ4mbkC8
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 01:02:24 PM

I have been trying to get Venus Project and Zeitgeist folks to write Ayn Rand style fiction for a couple years. In that, she was a genius and her writing is certainly as inspiring as it is depraved. Like Chuck Palahniuk and Hunter S. Thompson, she speaks to our fears and entertains us with a fantasy of what ifs with no actual scientific or historical foundation. "If you take the writings of Nietzsche and remove everything insightful, interesting, and funny, what's left are the writings of Ayn Rand." - Steve Gimbel

Peter Joseph has the subtlety of a Green Beret. He hits his audience on the head with a sledge-hammer of facts, accepted theories, and a logical roadmap to understanding the complex ties between human needs social structures. What he is doing is very important, but it only inspires people intellectually. We need an anti-Rand that speaks to the emotions of love (mutual reciprocity for the nihilists). I think that's what religions tried to do hundreds of years ago. Robert Heinlein was as close as we've had to an anti-Rand, but he was mostly a science fiction/fantasy writer.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 05:00:55 PM

I have been trying to get Venus Project and Zeitgeist folks to write Ayn Rand style fiction for a couple years. In that, she was a genius and her writing is certainly as inspiring as it is depraved. Like Chuck Palahniuk and Hunter S. Thompson, she speaks to our fears and entertains us with a fantasy of what ifs with no actual scientific or historical foundation. "If you take the writings of Nietzsche and remove everything insightful, interesting, and funny, what's left are the writings of Ayn Rand." - Steve Gimbel

Peter Joseph has the subtlety of a Green Beret. He hits his audience on the head with a sledge-hammer of facts, accepted theories, and a logical roadmap to understanding the complex ties between human needs social structures. What he is doing is very important, but it only inspires people intellectually. We need an anti-Rand that speaks to the emotions of love (mutual reciprocity for the nihilists). I think that's what religions tried to do hundreds of years ago. Robert Heinlein was as close as we've had to an anti-Rand, but he was mostly a science fiction/fantasy writer.

The Venus Project is working towards producing a mass market film depicting life in a resource based economy. I've been urging them to accept bitcoin donations, but they are not responsive to such requests.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 05:27:55 PM

The Venus Project is working towards producing a mass market film depicting life in a resource based economy. I've been urging them to accept bitcoin donations, but they are not responsive to such requests.
There have been many, many low budget films that have won the highest awards. The new $3-4k 35mm DSLRs can shoot A camera angle-of-view and have all the other lens settings as well. And they can be edited on a $400 laptop. All it takes is someone with more imagination than fear to tell world changing stories.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: