Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:16:51 AM

Bitmain, can you please fix the long outstanding bugs with the S4 before releasing an S4+? Worst bug of all being the J7 connected hash boards getting wayyyyy overvolted. I guarantee that contributed to a lot of dead PSUs. The S4 sucks a lot more power from the wall than it needs to because of that bug!!!

Bitmain doesn't seem to care.

Furthermore, the hardware is junk.  They told me their supplier of PSUs only offers a 90 day warranty.  That's why they won't offer you and me more than 90 days on the PSU.

I'm done with Bitmain, and I advise everyone else to proceed with extreme caution with considering purchasing Bitmain hardware or services. 

They've lost their way, and they don't care.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 12:08:31 PM

only problem is that they do have one of the best machines as there is not much good alternative... Huh
to be hunest If I was in there position I would probably also say take it or leave it. I dont care Angry

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:12:03 PM

only problem is that they do have one of the best machines as there is not much good alternative... Huh
to be hunest If I was in there position I would probably also say take it or leave it. I dont care Angry

I hope your hardware doesn't meet an early demise like mine did.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:03:46 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 01:31:38 PM by Prelude

Bitmain, can you please fix the long outstanding bugs with the S4 before releasing an S4+? Worst bug of all being the J7 connected hash boards getting wayyyyy overvolted. I guarantee that contributed to a lot of dead PSUs. The S4 sucks a lot more power from the wall than it needs to because of that bug!!!

Bitmain doesn't seem to care.

Furthermore, the hardware is junk.  They told me their supplier of PSUs only offers a 90 day warranty.  That's why they won't offer you and me more than 90 days on the PSU.

I'm done with Bitmain, and I advise everyone else to proceed with extreme caution with considering purchasing Bitmain hardware or services.  

They've lost their way, and they don't care.

M

I know they don't care, in fact I've found out that the thing I've been whining about for the last month (voltage control not working in latest firmware) was done intentionally by BITMAIN, yet they (BitmainWarranty anyways, though he may be unaware) pretend their firmware developers are working on a fix.  Roll Eyes This was done, undoubtedly, to protect themselves (and retards who don't know better) from dead PSUs from overclocking/overvolting.  Frequency was also supposed to be locked down in the Jan. 29th firmware, but their lock didn't work on that for some reason. I find it deplorable that BITMAIN is gimping our hardware intentionally. How the hell am I supposed to undervolt/underclock and stay competitive with a locked firmware, BITMAIN?!?

Anways, that's all I'll say on the subject for the moment. I've been fuming mad at BITMAIN since I found out how they're intentionally breaking our S4s and I'm working on a very revealing thread concerning S4s and BITMAIN's lovely practices.

About a week ago I asked for pledges/donations to get this fixed independently, and not a single person even offered to chip in. Well, I've footed the bill myself and all my S4s are fixed with working voltage adjustments working on the latest firmware. For this reason, I haven't been in any rush making my thread regarding BITMAIN and the S4 situation.

Now, it looks like I'll be waiting for the official S4+ thread to come along, should be a nice sister thread. I'll make sure it stays stuck to the S4+ thread until all these S4 "issues" are fixed. What do you think, BITMAIN? Do you want a shit load of negative publicity and lost S4+ sales from that thread, or would it be better to get off your asses, apologize to us, and fix our intentionally broken S4s once and for all?

By the way, here's a look at what proper, non-BITMAIN sabotaged S4s look like with real PSUs:

Your move, BITMAIN.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:10:00 PM

BITMAIN's hardware is fine, the problem is the software is very lacking, and when they include a PSU with a miner it's never good enough. The S4's PSU is a joke, and should really not be run at any settings higher than stock. Stock is even too much for some of them. I never had an S2, but that was also an underpowered (though brand name) PSU.

Here's a free suggestion, BITMAIN: On your next big miner, also include external PCI-e connectors on the back of the unit so we can easily replace your PSU when it fails if it isn't a standard form factor PSU.
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:43:06 PM

i found that hardware problems and i fixed with cheating boards. but i dont know linux much well, i ask to smith that "how to rebuild initramfs" but he cant help me. if he show how to do that, i will fix that with bbb software, because i know this problems core. i am an 40 years old engineer, sorry for i am not linux guy. but also many thanks to PRELUDE,for to be my voice in this forum and for this biiiiiiiig problem. Wink
DONT FORGET, BITMAIN IS CHEATING US
also we know cheap devices are pain in the ass but THIS IS NOT CHEAP ! THIS MUST TO BE PERFECT AS THEY SAID.

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:54:17 PM

i found that hardware problems and i fixed with cheating boards. but i dont know linux much well, i ask to smith that "how to rebuild initramfs" but he cant help me. if he show how to do that, i will fix that with bbb software, because i know this problems core. i am an 40 years old engineer, sorry for i am not linux guy. but also many thanks to PRELUDE,for to be my voice in this forum and for this biiiiiiiig problem. Wink
also we know cheap devices are pain in the ass but THIS IS NOT CHEAP ! THIS MUST TO BE PERFECT AS THEY SAID.

Before finding out what I found out, I thought you were being a little hard by saying they were cheating us. I can now, without a doubt, say that you are correct. We are being cheated! The S4 has less functionality then when it was released, it can no longer be underclocked to achieve the low W/GH/s figures shown in the first post of this thread, and every S4 out there is consuming more watts than it should because of the broken and overvolted J7 connector. Completely unacceptable!!

There is now a software fix for the voltage being locked, but J7 is still a problem. It remains uncontrollable, and to add insult to injury it is getting 0.765v instead of the stock 0.720v it should be getting.

The software fix is not publicly available currently. It will be discussed in my thread. I'll be posting a donation address that belongs to the dev who fixed the sabotaged firmware, and he will see fit to release it when he's ready.
bhanu545

Activity: 706
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:05:31 PM

Something must went wrong.  Can you try to reflash the firmware?

I have a problem with my S4, It stopped hashing, temp shows 0, but the miner is up and running. I reset, upgraded software again, but there seem to be some problem. Any help?

- Another problem with my miners is, when i change pool settings, 1 of my miners shuts down completely. Is this a common issue with new firmware? It wasnt the case before  Embarrassed Undecided  Cry Sad
Done all the troubleshooting but it dint fix. The machines are at a hosting location.

The machine was power cycled and it started hashing again. But the main problem seems still unresolved.

When pool settings are changed for few times, machines stop functioning. Machine has to power cycled COMPULSORY to bring it back, it just becomes unresponsive to anything.
I mailed the bitmain the same and this was their reply, hope it helps someone.

Hi thank you for the good news of it is hashing again.

The miner to shut down, that is unknown why your S4 does that.

There are few possibility, the power connectors to the hashing PCB is lose and if it uses the screws to secure the power connectors, double check to make sure it is secured well.

MicroSD card may have gone bad, and if that is the case, a new MIcroSD card is needed. (Physical Sector on the MIcroSD card was bad...)

PSU is getting weaker and can't handle the initial power spike
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:10:52 PM

Something must went wrong.  Can you try to reflash the firmware?

I have a problem with my S4, It stopped hashing, temp shows 0, but the miner is up and running. I reset, upgraded software again, but there seem to be some problem. Any help?

- Another problem with my miners is, when i change pool settings, 1 of my miners shuts down completely. Is this a common issue with new firmware? It wasnt the case before  Embarrassed Undecided  Cry Sad
Done all the troubleshooting but it dint fix. The machines are at a hosting location.

The machine was power cycled and it started hashing again. But the main problem seems still unresolved.

When pool settings are changed for few times, machines stop functioning. Machine has to power cycled COMPULSORY to bring it back, it just becomes unresponsive to anything.
I mailed the bitmain the same and this was their reply, hope it helps someone.

Hi thank you for the good news of it is hashing again.

The miner to shut down, that is unknown why your S4 does that.

There are few possibility, the power connectors to the hashing PCB is lose and if it uses the screws to secure the power connectors, double check to make sure it is secured well.

MicroSD card may have gone bad, and if that is the case, a new MIcroSD card is needed. (Physical Sector on the MIcroSD card was bad...)

PSU is getting weaker and can't handle the initial power spike

Are you running the latest Jan. 29th firmware? What you're describing was a problem for me with Oct. 16th firmware or older, but it has never happened with the latest.
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:27:29 PM

By the way, here's a look at what proper, non-BITMAIN sabotaged S4s look like with real PSUs:

Your move, BITMAIN.

I would have expected a greater variance on the 5s hashrate than what yours appear to be showing.  On a sample of 10 units, I see 5s hashrates vary anywhere from <1TH up to over 3TH and sometimes even 6TH.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:40:34 PM

Your move, BITMAIN.

I would have expected a greater variance on the 5s hashrate than what yours appear to be showing.  On a sample of 10 units, I see 5s hashrates vary anywhere from <1TH up to over 3TH and sometimes even 6TH.

I don't pay much attention to the 5s rate since it isn't important, but I've never seen such large swings on them locally. I would expect a pool's measurement to vary that much, though. As long as your average is where it should be, I wouldn't worry about it.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

Before finding out what I found out, I thought you were being a little hard by saying they were cheating us. I can now, without a doubt, say that you are correct. We are being cheated! The S4 has less functionality then when it was released, it can no longer be underclocked to achieve the low W/GH/s figures shown in the first post of this thread, and every S4 out there is consuming more watts than it should because of the broken and overvolted J7 connector. Completely unacceptable!!

There is now a software fix for the voltage being locked, but J7 is still a problem. It remains uncontrollable, and to add insult to injury it is getting 0.765v instead of the stock 0.720v it should be getting.

The software fix is not publicly available currently. It will be discussed in my thread. I'll be posting a donation address that belongs to the dev who fixed the sabotaged firmware, and he will see fit to release it when he's ready.

This has been a problem for a long time.
Maybe the posts were removed, I am not wasting more time on BITMAIN searching the thread, but others including myself raised these same points. Sorry I missed your post regarding pitching in for a decent firmware. I would have pitched in.
BITSTAIN are a poor example of what a manufacturer should be and it sincerely makes me nauseous they are considered a manufacturer. They are an integrator. A shoddy one at that. SPtech have class and have proven it.

I do not own an S5, and I never plan to purchase another BITSTAIN product.
If by some chance they end up being the only company selling miners or they come out with some revolutionary product I recommend doubling the price they charge to compensate yourself for the headaches, lost mining time, and loss of functioning brain cells you endure to deal with them.
GAWD I cannot wait until SPT release next gen so I can finally be rid of every black box I own.

I do want to say I have worked with some of their guys who answer the tech line, Z for one, who are knowledgeable and friendly. They respond to e-mails and calls and get back with you on parts. Those guys are hindered in what they can do to help by their superiors. Yoshi is a joke, and a sincere liar. He may do something for someone from time to time, but consistently a crap person to do business with.

The decisions this company have made to screw over the miners is unreal.
I know people will buy where they see product, but one day I think Karma will bite them hard enough for all of us, and bite them right where it hurts the most. Closing their doors would be too nice for them. They manipulate the price, put out bad firmware, lie, lie, and lie again.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 07:27:16 PM by BitmainWarranty

REGARDING PRODUCT SUPPORTS & WARRANTY

Warranty & Support is provided to the customers of BITMAIN who purchased Antminer Product Line directly from BITMAIN.  

BITMAIN product is designed specific to the specifications advertised and any modification from the original spec may damage the hardware and any modification is not recommended by BITMAIN.  Also, unauthorized modification will void the warranty.

All product come with 90-day warranty from the day it shipped from the factory.  If you purchased Bitmain product from outside Bitmain, your product may have no warranty as the term of the original purchaser's price term, could be used, or simply out of warranty as the previous owner may have had the item for 90-day.

When you purchase items from a third party, we may help you trouble shoot it and guide you to fix the problems but we can't honor the sales term.  As some of you chose to buy from the third party rather than directly from Bitmain.  We can NOT resolve your refund request or item exchange request for items you purchased Second-Handed.  

Bitmain Direct Customers are still receiving replacement S4 PSU, Fan, Hashign PCB, and other replacement parts for S4 as long as they have a valid warranty. (New S4 was 90-day and the used S4 was 30-day and 90-days depends on the sales term)

Bitmain Direct Sales.  (Highly Requested Credit Card Sale is available via DHGate)

http://www.bitmaintech.com

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html

USA/EU based team may able to assist you when you are stuck between the third party seller and your troubled Bitmain product, but team can't give you a new parts just because it is Bitmain product.  (Customers need to take a dispute with the seller and their Bank and Credit Card Company to deal with)

Voltage and Frequency Control is set at the Advertised Specification to avoid damaging the hardware.  Wrong value in these area can stop the miner from operating or damage the parts or even becomes the FIRE HAZARD.  

S4 power draw is about 1380W when the PSU is 1400W.  When you overclock the S4, the power draw will be higher than the PSU may be able to handle.  The fans are implemented with RPM control to keep the miner cold enough to operate, when it is over clocked the heat management will more than likely not able to keep up and highly likely result in a damaged parts inside or the fans end up spinning at the max speed and shortening the life of the fan.

Under-volting option may or may not be available in the future but it is an item that is constantly looked into by the engineers in Beijing and Shenzhen. (S4 was not advertised to be able to under-volt at the time of the sales)

Damaged S4 PSU (EXPIRED WARRANTY/OUT OF WARRANTY) may be available for Service at both USA and EU service center for $25USD/25 Euro.   please contact support@bitmain.zendesk.com for more info.

Very limited quantity of Original S4 fans are available for sale as well.  

Thank you

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
smit1237

Activity: 182

May the source be with you.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:32:13 PM

Cyper_BLC, Sorry but this is really hard to explain if you don't know linux, if you want i can make  modifications upon your request. I really don't want to offend you.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:55:55 PM

Cyper_BLC, Sorry but this is really hard to explain if you don't know linux, if you want i can make  modifications upon your request. I really don't want to offend you.

Smit, I'm curious, you're really knowledgable with the bitmain products, is there anything to this s4 firmware stuff, or is it just angry people on the internet blowing something out of proportion.

The reason I ask is I have a chance to purchase around 20 S4s from a mining operation that's lost their lease, but if the products are truly bugged and draw more power than is safe for them to be reliable, I'm not sure its worth it even at the low price.
smit1237

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:16:47 PM

Cyper_BLC, Sorry but this is really hard to explain if you don't know linux, if you want i can make  modifications upon your request. I really don't want to offend you.

Smit, I'm curious, you're really knowledgable with the bitmain products, is there anything to this s4 firmware stuff, or is it just angry people on the internet blowing something out of proportion.

The reason I ask is I have a chance to purchase around 20 S4s from a mining operation that's lost their lease, but if the products are truly bugged and draw more power than is safe for them to be reliable, I'm not sure its worth it even at the low price.
Firmware is really broken, and best way to fix it - complete rework. But voltage can be fixed. I don't even see them(S4), but weak point is psu no doubt. If you can swap them to dps-2000bb this would be a great upgrade. If you plan to underclock them, the original psu is fine, but i'm not sure how reliable it is
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:02:24 PM

The DPS2000bb worked with the S4 for me, and worked well.  
I used it the 2nd and 3rd time the power supply died in one particular unit.

The current firmware was needed to help with a hashrate issue, but removed the ability to underclock which was working prior to the firmware change.
BITSTAIN changed it because they claimed people were burning up the power supplies by overclocking - according to a previous post. I was not told why they removed it from anyone at BITSTAIN, I just know they did.
Regarding the hash board pulling too much voltage feel free to read back through this thread and you will see it proven, without a doubt. BITSTAIN even admitted it on the phone, but I do not remember if they did in this thread.

If you doubt what anyone who is complaining are saying, feel free to do your own research, but as you see from smit1237's response, the firmware is indeed "broken". I quoted him as you seem to trust his response over us people who are complaining. I am confident you have good reasons to do so, but I only took the time to post my grief because of sincere issues to warn people what they are up against.

BITSTAIN replace hundreds if not more of these power supplies and maybe some people were overclocking them and causing failures. I assure you I did not and all of my S4s were ran at stock until the warranty expired. At which point I again connected a DPS2000bb and did overclock it and it has been running fine overclocked until I recently dropped it back out of the cost of overclocking and I was finished proving to myself the issues which remained are firmware related.

If you research this issue on your own you will find power supplies and fans have failed repeatedly under warranty. It is through the work of miners replacing the fans and power supplies if you purchase an S4 and do not have issues with it.
It also depends on what you consider an issue. Even after the fan and PSU replacement the firmware problem still speaks volumes.

I certainly have nothing to gain by spending my time to post my experience with the S4.  After one particular failure when I told BITSTAIN the PSU failed yet again and it was hashing away on a DPS2000bb they offered to send me a DPS2000bb. I politely declined and thanked them for their time. I then ordered more from sidehack with his break out board. He and Novac run a business with class and genuine customer support.

Keep in mind the original S4s had PCIe connectors on the hashboards and then they were changed to lugs for which you need ring terminals. After the second or third failure I was working on the phone and via e-mail with someone there and they asked how I had the unit running. When I told them I went to Lowes and bought some ring terminals and put them on the end of 12 ga wire and screwed them to the board they acted like they didn't believe me for some reason so I took pictures and e-mailed them. Maybe they are used to dealing with sheeple so much they assume we all are and will not help ourselves, but I am at the mercy of no man and I will learn, experiment, and figure out the how. I shouldn't have to do so when a unit is under warranty as that particular unit was for 4 power supply failures in less than 9 weeks. I tried to tell them the problem, but they already knew which is why they kept replacing the power supplies. They knew they had a bad design and they know today they have an issue with one board pulling too much voltage. The cheap 1400 watt power supply should have never been used, and they admitted it then began shipping a "batch 2" power supply. Their own words are documented in this thread regarding that issue, but then they were told by a forum member about the board pulling too much voltage and I assume they decided that issue would cost them too much and replacing power supplies for the ones who cared enough to pursue a proper warranty claim.

I have pictures and documentation of everything I went through with dates and times. I only want to help people who have been or will be burned. If you do purchase the 20 miners and have issues feel free to PM or e-mail me for help if needed. After all of the experience I have with these units now I can replace the cables going to the hashboards pretty quick, I know the symptoms of I think most if not all power supply and fan related failures.

I am not some guy on the internet who complains for the fun of it. I am actually in the middle of building a new miner rack, but when I saw the posts from others I consider to be good folks under stress regarding the same issues I have been through I spent the time to write a reply. I hope to help people and if there is some coin needed to help have new firmware written I am happy to throw some in the pot.

I want to also voice my own experiences and offer miners who have bought these things and are having issues my help if they want it. I also mentioned the people at BITSTAIN who have been helpful. I have not seen anyone complaining in this thread about a non-existant issue as I personally have experienced these things for myself. It may take a couple of hours, but I read every word when I started having my problems. I wish I'd done that before I made my first purchase, but I learned from that mistake and am much better at making informed decisions regarding a mining product now.

If you purchase any S4 units with stock equipment just do yourself a favor and get spare fans and power supplies. Don't buy extra stock parts, get your own better parts for less money. It will save you money and heartache down the road.
I think there are some people who did not have any issues or complaints with the S4. Unfortunately those people either do not care about the hashing issue with the last version of firmware, or the inability to down clock the units correctly with this version.

One final thought is I do not think anyone would have spent the time and money to have custom firmware made to correct a non existent issue. It is a matter of if that issue is important to you, but to me, under-clocking these units is a must. Especially in the coming months.

Good luck with your purchase Digitalmocking. I sincerely hope you do not have the issues most of us have been through.
I seriously hope it all works out for you and you do not have any issues.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
smit1237

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:19:49 PM

To be clear: I'm saw this device only from software side, didn't saw or touched in real life, so my thoughts about psu based on other owners replies(here and our local forum). I try to make my best to improve firmware, but i don't have control board to experiment with. I don't want my miners to be idle while i'm messing with bootloader.
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:29:21 PM

S4 power draw is about 1380W when the PSU is 1400W.  When you overclock the S4, the power draw will be higher than the PSU may be able to handle.

But 1380W is from the wall (AC side), and PSU 1400W is DC side. According to 80+ Gold specification if full 100% load, then efficiency is 88%. It means that 1400W from DC side corresponds to about 1590W from AC side.
(if 230V)
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:51:14 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 09:46:14 PM by Prelude

Voltage and Frequency Control is set at the Advertised Specification to avoid damaging the hardware.  Wrong value in these area can stop the miner from operating or damage the parts or even becomes the FIRE HAZARD.  

Voltage used to be unlocked before the Jan 29th firmware. Bitmain intentionally disabled voltage modifications because they were dealing with too many blown PSUs. I understand why Bitmain locked it, but it's unfair to those of us who know what we're doing, the power users. I'd understand blocking it from going higher, but lower is completely stupid. Lowering voltage will only make your PSUs last longer before they die

S4 power draw is about 1380W when the PSU is 1400W.  When you overclock the S4, the power draw will be higher than the PSU may be able to handle.  The fans are implemented with RPM control to keep the miner cold enough to operate, when it is over clocked the heat management will more than likely not able to keep up and highly likely result in a damaged parts inside or the fans end up spinning at the max speed and shortening the life of the fan.

The PSU is actually 1440w, not 1400w. 1380w is AC AT THE WALL, not DC being pulled from the PSU. I would not recommenced overclocking with the stock PSU. In fact, I wouldn't recommend overclocking at all unless you know what you're doing and have replaced the PSU.. Underclocking and undervolting, however, is safer than running stock.

Under-volting option may or may not be available in the future but it is an item that is constantly looked into by the engineers in Beijing and Shenzhen. (S4 was not advertised to be able to under-volt at the time of the sales)

This is complete bullshit, sorry BitmainWarranty. The engineers are not looking into ANYTHING, voltage control was intentionally locked out, disabled, whatever you want to call it. This is a fact, with proof to back my statement.

Further more, the S4 was in fact advertised as being a great underclockable and undervoltable miner if you'll just look at BITMAIN's orginal post in this very thread. Take a look here:

That clearly shows that the S4 was sold as a product capable of achieving 0.48w/GH at the wall when underclocked to 100MHz and undervolted to 0.60v (0600v) while running at 1TH/s.  

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: