Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
miguportugal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:32:25 PM

Are the S4 working great?

our a lot of bugs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:13:40 PM

As of 10/10/2014 - this is the firmware listed on the bitmain support site:

initramfs.bin.SD-20141003.tar.gz

Do I unpack it or just point the S4 at the tar.gz and it uploads and decompresses it
and deals with the whole thing?

Thx.

Unless bitmain has gotten around to uploading the working firmware, you'll need to use this:

The latest firmware on the site is the fixed one, I just tried it and it flashed fine.

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140930114518599JXGHWWD80660

ATTENTION: "keep settings" is not working, after the update you have to change pools again!

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
bobwoods

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

Have just signed up to ghash.io and followed the instructions.  Tricky site to navigate but should have done this a week ago when my S4 arrived.  
Have manually set the difficulty to 2048 and hashing perfectly at 2TH/s.  Confidence restored!  Would recommend this action
deleterase

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:44:45 PM

Wait....so these things only work if you use ghash?

WTF. Nice one Bitmain. Not.
bobwoods

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:07:58 PM

No....  There is currently a bug which is affecting the S4 working with pools which have Variable Difficulty.
I was waiting for a firmware update but I understand the Chinese have been on Public Holiday for the last week so I decided to change from Eligius to GHash.io (which was the advice given last week).   At least I am mining at full speed pending a firmware update Smiley
deleterase

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:15:25 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 02:34:02 PM by deleterase

No....  There is currently a bug which is affecting the S4 working with pools which have Variable Difficulty.
I was waiting for a firmware update but I understand the Chinese have been on Public Holiday for the last week so I decided to change from Eligius to GHash.io (which was the advice given last week).   At least I am mining at full speed pending a firmware update Smiley

But most pools use vardiff. Didn't Bitmain test their units with any pools before shipping them? You should be able to use this thing with any pool you like, especially for that price. Sorry, but that's crap.

Good luck waiting for that firmware update too, from what I've read elsewhere on other Bitmain threads, customers have been waiting months for their firmware updates.....& still not got them.

EDIT: Reading back a few pages, what about this:

I'm a little confused tbh, as ck says:

It turns out the controller is so low powered that it can only process ~30 shares per second which mean that unless diff is set higher, they work their way into a death spiral before diff catches up. Great...

Which to me sounds like a hardware issue - or is it the firmware that decides how much power is provided to the controller?
It's not a firmware issue. The controller hardware they bundle with it is not fast enough to handle running at low diffs, and most pools start at a lower diff for a while before vardiff pushes them up. If they stay low diff long enough the controller never catches up. I gave them a driver code workaround (i.e. hack) to get over this hurdle. It means they'll (appear to) run at low hashrates for a while until the pool reaches a diff suitable for the device. When they say it's a firmware issue, they mean they'll offer new firmware with an updated cgminer to address the issue.

So if it's a hardware issue, no amount of firmware updates will fix it. The only way to fix this is to replace the under powered controller, is it not? Sounds to me like Bitmain didn't research enough & simply threw this thing together & shipped it out without testing it at all......nice.
bobwoods

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:44:49 PM

No....  There is currently a bug which is affecting the S4 working with pools which have Variable Difficulty.
I was waiting for a firmware update but I understand the Chinese have been on Public Holiday for the last week so I decided to change from Eligius to GHash.io (which was the advice given last week).   At least I am mining at full speed pending a firmware update Smiley

But most pools use vardiff. Didn't Bitmain test their units with any pools before shipping them? You should be able to use this thing with any pool you like, especially for that price. Sorry, but that's crap.

Good luck waiting for that firmware update too, from what I've read elsewhere on other Bitmain threads, customers have been waiting months for their firmware updates.....& still not got them.

EDIT: Reading back a few pages, what about this:

I'm a little confused tbh, as ck says:

It turns out the controller is so low powered that it can only process ~30 shares per second which mean that unless diff is set higher, they work their way into a death spiral before diff catches up. Great...

Which to me sounds like a hardware issue - or is it the firmware that decides how much power is provided to the controller?
It's not a firmware issue. The controller hardware they bundle with it is not fast enough to handle running at low diffs, and most pools start at a lower diff for a while before vardiff pushes them up. If they stay low diff long enough the controller never catches up. I gave them a driver code workaround (i.e. hack) to get over this hurdle. It means they'll (appear to) run at low hashrates for a while until the pool reaches a diff suitable for the device. When they say it's a firmware issue, they mean they'll offer new firmware with an updated cgminer to address the issue.

So if it's a hardware issue, no amount of firmware updates will fix it. The only way to fix this is to replace the under powered controller, is it not? Sounds to me like Bitmain didn't research enough & simply threw this thing together & shipped it out without testing it at all......nice.

Hey listen!  I'm just an average joe who bought an S4.  I've shared my success with GHash in the hope it might help someone else.   Carry on with the negativity if you wish but it is not providing anything to this topic!  It's all been said.   I'm Hashing, I'm happy pending firmware or replacement controller.
deleterase

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:51:15 PM

Well, if you're happy - that's the most important thing  Smiley

I wouldn't be though, no offense  Wink
fmarcosh

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:10:35 PM

hello everybody,
I've paid for 2 s4 batch 1 that received last friday. Both of them were working ok with default parameters (not overclocked yet) until yesterday night that one of them was powered down and now I'm not able to power on it again. I've tried unplug the wire, changing the wires between them, but the result continue to be that this machine doesn't work.
Any suggestion please?
Thanks in advance.

I had a power unit go down last weekend. 
Contact Yoshi at Yoshi@bitmaintech.com, or call.  They are working out of Denver:

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec St. #100239
Denver, Colorado 80207

Tel: 844-248-6246

They will help you get your unit fixed.

I had an S4 Power supply fry on me already as well I am waiting on bitmain to send me a new one right now
My wrong S4 has a yellow led on near the power connector when you power on. It's the same behaviour?
expalpo

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:19:49 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 04:30:48 PM by expalpo

For what it is worth, I was able to cross compile the version of cgminer found here, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer, for the Beagle Board Black they use as the controller. That version has some commits after the October 3rd date of the latest S4 firmware and I was hoping for the changes CK was talking about earlier in the thread. This has seemed to address the issues with eligius for me and the S4 is averaging 2119.47 GH/s over the course of 9h 55m 26s.

https://i.imgur.com/lTACuIf.png
Hexor

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:39:58 PM

Buyers Beware!!!

I didn't purchase hosting Bitmain's interface caused this...

Bitmain is scamming people into buying hosing when you think your buy miners...

Bitmain still claims I purchased hosting and will not send me my S4 B1 I paid for!

I spoke to webmaster@umisoo.com @ Bitmain's hosting facility he told me I have to pay custody fees before I have access to the miners...

I explained to him that I didn't want hosting I wanted the miners I purchased in hand...

Bitmain is running one heck of a scam here, and it's costing me BTC everyday!

Bitmain finally made a 1 response to my many emails I would imagine posting on here had something to do with it...

Bitmain told me the reason my miners now were no longer available @ the hosting site is because the hoster bought them...Huh

Now Bitmain wants me to make a new order and Bitmain will transfer my original BTC from my S4 B1 purchase, but I have to pay the difference in cost due to the large drop in value of BTC...

I'm not sending Bitmain any more BTC for the same product I already paid in full for...

Code:
Bitmain stop holding my BTC hostage and send me my S4 B1 I purchased that should have been shipped on 9/29/14...

Code:
OR REFUND MY BTC IN FULL WHICH I WOULD CURRENTLY PREFER! 1PPWe6kZwyMRhz66GJKBykyEtfuAve9Jbv

HeXoR
1PPWe6kZwyMRhz66GJKBykyEtfuAve9Jbv

Quote from: Tupsu link=topic=796839.msg9169#msg9173169 date=1413110100
For shipping to umisoo hosting you had to accept the terms and conditions:

[url
https://www.umisoo.com/about/terms.action[/url]
 Umisoo would like to apply for the authorization:

* View your email address

* View Bitmain Order ID and Order Content of which will be hosted at Umisoo

* View tracking number of the orders which will be hosted at Umisoo

Instruction

1. If you chose Umisoo Hosting Service, product will be delivered directly to the hosting center of Umisoo. Shipping dates can be found on bitmaintech.com .

2. Before you chose Umisoo Hosting Service, please found the Terms of Service of Umisoo Hosting Service at https://www.umisoo.com

3. You will be able to set up pool info, worker…etc, after Umisoo receives the products from bitmaintech.com .

I have read, understood and accept the application of authorization

You're telling me to be more careful and Bitmain is trying to trick people into hoisting that are buying miners?

In the shipping NOTES I even added specific address for shipping...

Can you please explain MY CURRENT ORDER STATUS of the (2) S4 B1 miners I purchased that should have shipped 9/29/14?

Also why Bitmain has stopped all email communications & have forced me to air my business to the Bitcoin community?

Bitmain claims I purchased hosting....I actually logged into that host site Bitmain claimed my miners were @...linked my Bitmain account to the hosting site... and found NO miners! I even took a screenshot with todays date...

Please send me the 2 S4 B1 miners I purchased or transfer my BTC back into my bank!

BUYERS BEWARE...I was one of the first to purchased (2) S4 miners B1 that should have been shipped 9/29/14 and still haven't received my miners!
Currently Bitmain is holding my Bitcoin ransom...
I have emailed many of times asking for my miners or refund of my Bitcoin...
Bitmain claims I ordered hosting which I assured them I didn't...
I have an email from Bitmain stating they changed the interface after my purchase to make a correction...
Bitmain has stopped all communication and will not respond to my emails...
I have since emailed all of Bitmain partners and called Bitmain North America twice now and still nothing...
I'm still out 2 S4 Miners and A LOT of BITCOIN not to mention I'm Losing money everyday...
I thought Bitmain was a reputable company and this is by no way my first purchase from Bitmain...
I have used just about everyone of there products that has been made available to the public & many other companies miners...

I would like to have my miners or my Bitcoin transferred back to my bank!

CAN ANYONE BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE?

Please send your bitcoin payment as follows:
Amount (BTC):   
Address:   
1BWxzg2iyrYx1Gw4ddTBrHGDnir6164dyW
QR Code:   

Pay Details
Pay   7.253 BTC
Pay Confirm   7.253 BTC
Date   2014-09-25 22:53:26
Send Details
Unshipped
Order Details
Product   Total
ANTMINER S4 -B1 × 2
2900 USD ( 7.056 BTC )
Coupon
Shipping
顺丰
0.197  BTC

HeXoR
1PPWe6kZwyMRhz66GJKBykyEtfuAve9Jbv
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:55:50 PM

It is incredibly misleading that shipping to the hosting facility is selected by default.

Looks like they at least added this to the top of the shipping page:

Note:
We offer you two delivery options 'Direct Shipping' and 'Umisoo Hosting' when you place an order. Please make sure you choose correct delivery option           before confirming your order. Umisoo Hosting means you are agreeing to host miner in China.

Not sure why they wouldn't just change regular shipping to default.
bobwoods

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:59:33 PM

For what it is worth, I was able to cross compile the version of cgminer found here, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer, for the Beagle Board Black they use as the controller. That version has some commits after the October 3rd date of the latest S4 firmware and I was hoping for the changes CK was talking about earlier in the thread. This has seemed to address the issues with eligius for me and the S4 is averaging 2119.47 GH/s over the course of 9h 55m 26s.

https://i.imgur.com/lTACuIf.png

That sounds promising.  Hopefully a firmware update will be sufficient then??
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:03:00 PM

It is incredibly misleading that shipping to the hosting facility is selected by default.

Looks like they at least added this to the top of the shipping page:

Note:
We offer you two delivery options 'Direct Shipping' and 'Umisoo Hosting' when you place an order. Please make sure you choose correct delivery option           before confirming your order. Umisoo Hosting means you are agreeing to host miner in China.

Not sure why they wouldn't just change regular shipping to default.

Its not misleading when there is a huge, huge popup box explaining what it is, what you're agreeing to and what the options are. Its the default because its popular with the local market.

You get this covering your screen if you select hosting:

Please read the Hosting Service Agreement carefully!

Terms
 Umisoo would like to apply for the authorization:

* View your email address

* View Bitmain Order ID and Order Content of which will be hosted at Umisoo

* View tracking number of the orders which will be hosted at Umisoo

Instruction

1. If you chose Umisoo Hosting Service, product will be delivered directly to the hosting center of Umisoo. Shipping dates can be found on bitmaintech.com .

2. Before you chose Umisoo Hosting Service, please found the Terms of Service of Umisoo Hosting Service at https://www.umisoo.com

3. You will be able to set up pool info, worker…etc, after Umisoo receives the products from bitmaintech.com .

Then you have to check a tick box saying the following in order to go to the next page:
I have read, understood and accept the application of authorization

You would also realise its hosting because you never entered an address.

expalpo

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:07:46 PM

That sounds promising.  Hopefully a firmware update will be sufficient then??

We can hope, but time will tell... It seems to have made a difference for me, at least on eligius. The pool statistics seem to be in agreement with what I'm seeing on the S4... so that is positive.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:20:45 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 06:31:59 PM by BitmainWarranty

@Hexor

Your case is being reviewed and being processed.  Please wait for a response from the rep you contacted.

@S4 cusotmers:

Firmware Located at the below URL is the updated firmware, however, it will reset your previous setting.
MD5: 506A7AEACC0FF853A351AC3B20ABB1AF
(This version still requires you to manually set the pool side diff to "2048" at Eligius and Ghash.)
PLEASE USE THE S4'S BUILT-IN FIRMWARE UPGRADE SCREEN TO UPGRADE

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/initramfs.bin.SD-20141003.tar.gz

If you need to re-image (recreate) the MicroSD card to the factory setting, please use the following software to reimage or overwrite your microSD card.

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-partition-tool.zip

* If you placed the S4 purchase at http://www.bitmain.com or http://www.bitmaintech.com and did not enter any shipping address during the checkout, more than likely you selected the hosting option during the checkout process.  (It gives you multiple places to advise you,  you are purchasing the S4 and the hosting plan)  

If you accidentally selected the hosting option, please contact info@bitmaintech.com with your order ID# from the same email address you made the purchase from.  One of the Bitmain reps will be in contact with you shortly. (Please contact immediately after placing the order, as it can't be reversed if the miners are sent to the hosting facilities)

Thank you

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
BigBenny

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PM

Why does Bitmain sell to pcfli?

He lied about S4 release date to sale his stock of LKETC's "BTW, i have confirmed with the owner of bitmain and lketc that the S4 will not released before 7/10/2014"

Hes now accusing Bitmain of mining with hardware to the point products are not new, and no different then his month + old miners. ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765500.msg9175100#msg9175100 )

Do you really have a relationship with pcfli? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=253683 or is he just a buyer.  He makes it sound like he knows owner and inside info.
Yun789

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:17:28 PM

(This version still requires you to manually set the pool side diff to "2048" at Eligius and Ghash.)

How does one set the pool side diff to 2048 on the S4 to mine on Eligius?
manitu

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

Hi all,
I am very disgusted with S4 quality. I ordered 10 psc, 6 working fine (not well) 1 miner have a lot of xx in Asic status (more than 60 xx) and 3 PSUs burnt. I am really curious how bitmain will compensate ours losses! I do not recommend S4 for buy.
I enclose pics of burnt PSUs.
http://s28.postimg.org/d0ujzek7d/First_PSU.jpg   http://s29.postimg.org/mnvtdewo3/Second_PSU.jpg   http://s30.postimg.org/p36j07ajh/Third_PSU.jpg
P4rkeR

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

BEWARE OF FIRE !!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
WTF ?  Huh Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: