Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
chentron

Activity: 97
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:32:50 PM

i have a PSU dps2000, so watt are not the problem.

could it be possible to have the firmware Oct-16  "powered" with other cgiminer ?  or other Smit firmware able to overclock ?

I remember to read something , but i can not find the post detailing this info.

Dear
could I get help for my S4.
Miner Status is showing a temperature ASIC value of 0, other 3 values are OK.  how could I fix it ?

Other question...  I want to overclock, so what firmware must I use ? I readed only Oct-16 firmware is able to overclock.
but is there other posible solution ?
thanks

Most likely nothing you can do about the temperature probe.

Overclocking will benefit from the 20141016 firmware, I've got a copy if its not still hosted. You really don't have much headroom on the stock PSU though and that will be your limiting factor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:53:53 AM

For anyone that cares I will be offering a S4/S4+ Water block, and Kit in the coming weeks I just need to get the engineering sample.

Let me know if anyone wants in I'll have 100% pricing with in 2 weeks.

Im down for this.... Anything to reduce the noise so i can run all day & night at full speed....

I have to turn my miner down at night to the lowest speed & then use smits fan hack to slow it down more so i can run it at night.... Mega painful

PM me with details asap..

Do u have a price estimate on these??

Plus shipping to Australia??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

For anyone that cares I will be offering a S4/S4+ Water block, and Kit in the coming weeks I just need to get the engineering sample.

Im down for this.... Anything to reduce the noise so i can run all day & night at full speed....

I have to turn my miner down at night to the lowest speed & then use smits fan hack to slow it down more so i can run it at night.... Mega painful

$30 cost to make so expect a margin + shipping to be considerable.

i have a PSU dps2000, so watt are not the problem.

could it be possible to have the firmware Oct-16  "powered" with other cgiminer ?  or other Smit firmware able to overclock ?

I remember to read something , but i can not find the post detailing this info.

If you want to put a newer cgminer on, it will get cleared every time you power down unless you get him to make you a custom firmware with new cgminer loaded. I'm not sure what other changes this may affect, nor your ability to overclock on October firmware with very new cgminer.

Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:00:12 PM

Currently.. No my best guess is $~45 once all is said and done for the blocks, MFG told me $30 per piece, and is sending me an engineering sample shortly, I am thinking if if done correctly we can have a single block for all 4 boards, but again I am waiting for my sample to get to my photos will be up once I get my sample.

The extra $15 is to cover the $500 I had to pay for set up/design fees.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:02:19 PM

Currently.. No my best guess is $~45 once all is said and done for the blocks, MFG told me $30 per piece, and is sending me an engineering sample shortly, I am thinking if if done correctly we can have a single block for all 4 boards, but again I am waiting for my sample to get to my photos will be up once I get my sample.

I would probably be interested in this are they aluminum or copper blocks. You dont want to mix dissimilar metals in a loop. Thanks

Look up galvanic corrosion water loop. Interesting reading

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:29:40 PM

I would probably be interested in this are they aluminum or copper blocks. You dont want to mix dissimilar metals in a loop. Thanks

I think it's recommended to use aluminum because copper is corrosive but i think this guy has a handle on that. What is the plan a pump with reservoir hooked to a radiator hooked to stock fans probably could get away with using just rear fans with radiator attached. Where you planning on placing the block? Does it replace the existing heat sinks up top? Or would it be the two main blocks that replace the bottom?

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:44:26 PM

I think it's recommended to use aluminum because copper is corrosive but i think this guy has a handle on that. What is the plan a pump with reservoir hooked to a radiator hooked to stock fans probably could get away with using just rear fans with radiator attached. Where you planning on placing the block? Does it replace the existing heat sinks up top? Or would it be the two main blocks that replace the bottom?

The problem is when mixing metals especially.  Lets say you use a aluminum blocks in miner and then a copper radiator.   

Using special coolant can help on corrosion, but I doubt they will mix.  There are those silver "kill coils" but I have not tried those yet.
Evan

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:27:42 AM

The problem is when mixing metals especially.  Lets say you use a aluminum blocks in miner and then a copper radiator.   

Using special coolant can help on corrosion, but I doubt they will mix.  There are those silver "kill coils" but I have not tried those yet.

And Silver wont mix with Nickle coated stuff..

Right now the design is all 4 boards would mount to 1 central heat block, the block is Alum, and until i get my hands on it I am not sure how its going to mount I am taking an assumption the rear fans (or front) come off, the tube go there, and reuse the case.

The other idea was a double loop with 2 blocks one for each  set of chips.... strung like this -- Resivor->Pump->Block 1->Rad 1->Block 2-> Rad 2-  or something sadly bitmain isnt supporting it yet, so I am going to have to do some trail and error to get it up and running.

luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:55:31 AM

Right now the design is all 4 boards would mount to 1 central heat block, the block is Alum, and until i get my hands on it I am not sure how its going to mount I am taking an assumption the rear fans (or front) come off, the tube go there, and reuse the case.

The other idea was a double loop with 2 blocks one for each  set of chips.... strung like this -- Resivor->Pump->Block 1->Rad 1->Block 2-> Rad 2-  or something sadly bitmain isnt supporting it yet, so I am going to have to do some trail and error to get it up and running.
If you get the radiator to bolt or zip-tie (which would be easier)to the existing fan hole's on the rear and mount fans on that.Reservoir could be mounted on one of the front holes.If people where wondering silver coil is added in reservoir. Still unsure how 1 block works. But i assuming you take all four boards and mount onto both side of Alum. block probably through the denser bottom blocks This way you could still mount it to the case holes should still line up. In which case one board would be upside down. In that case you woul have to take hashboard and pinpoint screw to the aluminum block. One think i didn't consider is the clearance of top heatsinks which could be left in tack if they clear on bottom upside down(block mounted)  hashboards.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
Evan

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:51:38 PM

If you get the radiator to bolt or zip-tie (which would be easier)to the existing fan hole's on the rear and mount fans on that.Reservoir could be mounted on one of the front holes.If people where wondering silver coil is added in reservoir. Still unsure how 1 block works. But i assuming you take all four boards and mount onto both side of Alum. block probably through the denser bottom blocks This way you could still mount it to the case holes should still line up. In which case one board would be upside down. In that case you woul have to take hashboard and pinpoint screw to the aluminum block. One think i didn't consider is the clearance of top heatsinks which could be left in tack if they clear on bottom upside down(block mounted)  hashboards.

Agreed, If you guys want blocks to start Prototyping this, and documenting, I will offer blocks to a few of you @35/each  plus shipping after I get my Engineering sample this week.

I will accept BTC too Smiley

lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:16:16 AM

Agreed, If you guys want blocks to start Prototyping this, and documenting, I will offer blocks to a few of you @35/each  plus shipping after I get my Engineering sample this week.

Waiting...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
Evan

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:00:07 PM

Waiting...

Engineering sample is en route to me

Jepido22

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:35:26 AM

hello as I am new to all this the BTC buy a miner antminer s4 used and given me and I present a problem not want to connect to the Internet as if the ethernet port does not work , change the path cord and is still equal to boot It is at least giving me the address 127.0.0.1 I can do. I would also say that web page sells the supplies of this miner thanks ...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:42:32 AM

hello as I am new to all this the BTC buy a miner antminer s4 used and given me and I present a problem not want to connect to the Internet as if the ethernet port does not work , change the path cord and is still equal to boot It is at least giving me the address 127.0.0.1 I can do. I would also say that web page sells the supplies of this miner thanks ...

127.0.0.1 would connect to yourself or Local Host.   You might look into recovering the S4 from the sd card.

But that address will never connect you to the miner.
Jepido22

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:08:07 AM

tell me what should I do stepping friend that not much about it and do not know how recover from sd memory s4
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:26:51 AM

tell me what should I do stepping friend that not much about it and do not know how recover from sd memory s4

Here is it being described by Bitmain:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.msg10474485#msg10474485
Jepido22

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:40:20 AM

ok but it seems to me that the Ethernet port is not working because I can not enter the setup of the miner and that's the problem that I have ...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:03:02 AM

ok but it seems to me that the Ethernet port is not working because I can not enter the setup of the miner and that's the problem that I have ...

If it really is showing 127.0.0.1 on screen you have a networking issue.  Can you take a picture of the units lcd?   I just have never seen one show local host.
Evan

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:35:16 AM

If it really is showing 127.0.0.1 on screen you have a networking issue.  Can you take a picture of the units lcd?   I just have never seen one show local host.

Thats loopback when something can't get an IP....

Jepido22

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:57:20 AM

and I can do to solve the problem, if I could help I would appreciate it step by step switch is a small buisness cisco router and one apple time capsule
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: