Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:37:31 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 09:13:26 AM by BITMAIN

AntMiner S4 2TH/s for sales shipping before September 29th

Only Available at bitmaintech.com

Published on September 1st, 2014,

The enormously powerful and power efficient AntMiner S4 2TH/s is now available for sale globally.
The 1st Batch of AntMiner S4 is 1,450 USD per unit (excluding shipping), with dispatch estimated September 29th. Batch 1 will go on sale at 22:00pm Sept. 25th Beijing (UTC +8 Time Zone)

The AntMiner S4 is the fourth generation Bitcoin mining rig by Bitmain. It uses the state of the art BM1382 chip powered by the 28nm tech process with ultra-low power consumption.

Power efficiency progress is reflected from the S1 to the S4 and is our focus to improve your investment and save on electricity bills.

Update:  The typical conditions of BM1382 are indicated in below table. We were trying to share its best power efficiency, which is less than 0.5W/GH/s.

But it seems to be potentially misleading. so we have edited the graph.

The AntMiner S4 is built into 3U size box, although its hashrate is twice that of the S2. The S4’s design is hugely improved from S2’s experiences, using less hash blades and adjusting the space structure in each box to bring a light and portable model. It will be very convenient to deploy.

Specifications:
* Chip Operating Voltage: 0.72V
* Chip Quantity per unit: 160
* Hash Rate: 2,000GH/s guaranteed
* Power Efficiency: 0.69Watt/GH/s at the wall
* Over clocking: About 10%, but not guaranteed
* 3U Rack  432mm*442mm*133mm
* PSU inside: 1400W, 80PLUS gold. Power line not included. You may look for one line with no less than 16A in your local market
* Temperature: 40-50 degree Celsius tested in the mining farm
* Fan Speed: 3900RPM
* Stable but a little bit noisy
* Ethernet connection, Stand alone
* Certificate Compliance: FCC/CE

Notification for S2 Upgrade Kit - Coupons being issued

To all customers that ordered AntMiner S2s: We analysed the business case for S2 upgrade kits for end users and determined that it would not be worthwhile for either party.
* The S4 runs at 0.69 W/Gh/s power efficiency, which is significantly improved compared with the S2’s 1W/Gh/s. Even though the upgrade kits used the newest BM1382 chips manufactured at 28nm process, it was not a significant leap in power efficiency.
However, the next generation chip is more likely to be worth doing upgrade kits with.
* The S2 is still profitable to run for the next several months with its 1W/Gh/s power efficiency and so now is not a good time to replace them.

Coupons will be issued to express our sincere thank you for supporting Bitmain over the year. Each coupon has a value of $200 and will be issued for each S2 unit purchased. These coupons are only applicable for the purchase of S4s and only one coupon can be used per S4.
If you ordered an S2 on bitmaintech.com, please check the coupons automatically added to your account. If you ordered an S2 from our authorized partners, please contact them directly to get your coupons. Below is the list of the authorized partners:

MINER SHOW:

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:37:41 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 03:03:12 PM by dogie

FAQ and Technical Support

Power cables required:
USA Cable | UK Cable

Dogie's comprehensive setup guide now up in super HD!

Configuration
Wiring:
  • Plug in a power cable from the AntMiner to the mains
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to you router.

Configuration:
  • Power on the power supply using its push button at the back.
  • Make sure that your router's subnet is 1, ie 192.168.1.x. If not then change it to 1, this is just temporary. ***If this is not possible, see below***
  • Using a browser, navigate to 192.168.1.99 - this goes to the S4's configuration page.
  • Login using "root" as both the username and password.
  • Navigate to Network -> Settings.
  • Change protocol to DHCP and click "Save & Apply".
  • Using a browser, navigate to your router and find the IP it has assigned the S4 and navigate to that IP. This IP will also be displayed on the LCD.
  • Navigate to the page Miner Configuration -> General Settings. Enter your pool information in the below format.
  • Select "Beeper ringing" to "false" and click "Save & Apply".
  • Navigate to the page "Miner Status" to check mining has started.
  • You can then change your router subnet back to whatever you are used to using.

Alternative Subnet Change:
  • Unplug your computer from all internet sources.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to your computer.
  • Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.
  • Right click on your ethernet adapter -> Properties.
  • Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click properties.
  • Select "Use the following IP address" and enter the following:
  • IP Address: 192.168.1.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.1.99.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to you router.
  • Restart the configuration instructions as above.

***There is currently a firmware issue that prevents the S4 achieving its full hash rate on pools with variable difficulty.
Until a new firmware is issued, its recommended that you use BTCGuild or GHash IO with 2048 difficulty manually set***

FAQ
ProblemSolution
"x".in.a.row.on.miner.configuration.page- There is a faulty chip - nothing we can do. Hash rate will be affected by ~3%.
Almost all "x" on one row of "Chips"- A hashing board may be mispowered or faulty. Recheck your cabling and PSU.
How do I change the login password?- Navigate to System -> Administration. Enter the current password and enter your new one twice.
What is the SSH login?- Username is "root", password is "admin".
Can I turn the beeping off when the miner stops mining?- Yes. Navigate to Miner configuration and turn "Beeper Ringing" to false.
I can connect to the AntMiner but its not hashing?- Set the protocol to DHCP via Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> WAN -> Edit. If you
don't want to use DHCP, navigate to Network -> Settings and make sure "Gateway" is set to the
IP of your router.
What temperatures should I aim for?- Try and achieve <60 for best hash rates, and <70 for long lifetimes. Temperatures should not be
 let to rise above 80C.
Where can I get the latest firmware?- Download from Bitmain's Github.
How can I tell what firmware version I have now?- Navigate to System -> Overview and look at "File System Version".
How do I install the latest firmware?- Download firmware as above. Navigate to System -> Upgrade and click "browse". Select the
downloaded file and click "Flash image". Do NOT interrupt this process or you will brick the unit.
How do I reset settings to default?- Once the unit has been on for a few minutes, use a paperclip to press the reset button for
5-10 seconds. It is located in the bottom left hole on the LCD. The miner will then reset with
stock settings.

SD card image if you need it.

Dogie support for this product has now expired. Other staff will now service your queries in this thread. I can still be found in my own thread.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:37:45 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 07:18:47 PM by dogie

Hello all,

Bitmain has employed me to help liaise with the community and later provide technical support. They have done this in order to help provide:

1) timely technical support
2) provide better feedback (if I don't know, I can find out from the people within Bitmain who will)
3) provide product and sales input from you guys directly into the company. If something is going wrong, YOU can fix it
4) provide native English press releases - less ManderEnglish, more sense.

This is a paid position, however it will in no way affect my independence or freedom in being critical towards Bitmain outside of this thread. My contract specifically stipulates:

Dogie will speak on behalf of BITMAIN and will not criticize BITMAIN in these threads. Dogie still reserves the right to criticize BITMAIN in his other threads. Both parties acknowledge that this relationship has no impact whatsoever on BITMAIN’s rating or standing in “Dogie’s ‘Manufacturer Trustworthiness” thread.

This means I won't sit here and reply to every post saying Bitmain is a scam, don't buy from Bitmain etc etc, in this thread. It does NOT prohibit me from saying that in my own threads, if that is what I believe. It also has absolutely no impact on their rating in the Manufacturer trustworthiness thread [in which Bitmain just went down 10 points].

Master One

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:42:39 PM

And people are buying these like crazy! Must be a real bargain. Maybe I should get in line after all.  Shocked

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

Continuation from previous thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=784897.0
When we compare the price of mining devices, we believe we should take all these factors into consideration.

1.   Cash cost
a)   Mining device sales price. This is the most obvious cost.
b)   Shipping cost. Shipping cost is trick, different shipping service will have different shipping time, and it will influence the time cost discussed in 2. Time cost.
c)   Incremental investment on PSU
d)   Tax: Some miners will have to pay VAT or other import tax.

2.   Time cost: We can estimate the time cost based on the projected gross mining revenue during the waiting time.
a)   Time on waiting period of pre-order. You know, shipping in two weeks.
b)   Time on shipping. Some shipping methods is much slower than our UPS shipping service, and the shipping time lost usually much larger the shipping cost we can save from choosing the slower carrier.

3.   Unstable cost: the unexpected downtime will cost the mining revenue. Usually a family miner will have full time job and family members to take care of. Hosting service will let the experts do the job.

S4+Umisoo Hosting has advantage on:
1) Shipping cost;
2) No PSU investment;
3) No VAT or import tax;
4) Pre-order waiting time cost is negligible
5) Shipping and deployment is seamless and fast.
6) S4 now has option for hosting.

According to our analysis frame, our S4 is still competitive against other options on the market if we take every factors into consideration for most of the miners around the world, assuming you have to buy PSU and electricity is not free.

So much parameters for you to compute and that may be correct and you may have a very little margin.
But customers have only two parameters to compute, the money goes out and the money earns, the ROI.
So your statement can't be justified even though if this is the lowest priced miner than others.
Hosting may be opted to save cost but that cannot offset buying miners.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:45:31 PM

well GL you all I be looking for used miner now till i see a better deal on S4 or maybe s5 or s6 with more improvements over this  so ebay here i come dis test and hate ebay .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:46:23 PM

The never ending progress picture is misleading because it shows S4 power efficiency coming in at under .5W/GH, but your official specs say the power efficiency is .69W/GH.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

And people are buying these like crazy! Must be a real bargain. Maybe I should get in line after all.  Shocked

I don't think miners will buy this like crazy if they have brains. No offence to Bitmain.
Already discussed the about price a lot in the previous S4 thread and,
I think we should stop talking about the price of S4 now.
Let it passed, buy with your brain and not with your mind.

On a side note: I like the case and design, very tempting to buy on that side. Grin
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

And people are buying these like crazy! Must be a real bargain. Maybe I should get in line after all.  Shocked

that the point they will .

well i need to let it go now and watch for deals look on at what might  be coming .

bitcoins are here to sty for many more years . it will have it ups and downs ,

cya I'll keep watching i know the cost of run in a business and it was or was  far more  then ever has been in china  in the US . and still is in the US .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:58:28 PM

TOO EXPENSIVE

DO NOT BUY ! you are just flushing your btc/fiat down the toilet bowl !

As usual Batch 1 ... eh hmm eh hmmmm just like other S's

I'll wait out for my Min Buy Qty of 30 units.
jpchrist

Activity: 174

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:59:17 PM

Selling S4 coupons for 0.25 BTC each. Send me a PM.  Each coupons saves $200
wpt1wpt1

Activity: 454
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:59:41 PM

How much does the coupon reduce the price?

THRIVE            ▄█▄
        ▄▄█████
   ▄▄██████████
 ▄███████████▀

████████▀▀▀
████▄▄  ▄▄██▄
▀████████████
  ▀█████████▀
  ▐██████▀▀
  ▐███▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀████
    █████▀▀
    ▀█
THE PREMIUM
DECENTRALIZED
AD MARKETPLACE
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██░░░░░░███
███░░░░▄███▀▀▄▄███░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄█████░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░█▀░▀██░░░░░░████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████▄░░░░███████▀░░░▄█████
███████░░░░█████▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░███▀░░░░░██████
███████░█░░░░█▀░▄░░░░██████
███████░██░░░░░▄█░░░░██████
███████░███░░░▄██░░░░██████
█████▀░░░▀██░▄██▀░░░░▀█████
Lucky7Gaming

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:00:07 PM

I thought the S1 had the same efficiency as the S2?   Huh   I think that graph might be misleading?

Earn BTC investing in Peer to Peer Loans on BTCJam.
http://tinyurl.com/lc4wmvx
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:01:10 PM

Too expensive Bitmain, sorry.

Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest cgminer with these & other models, as you promised to do many weeks ago but still haven't - or are you still using the old, security vulnerable version?

Please post a link to the firmware.

I can't even buy spares for my S2 - what are the spares availability for this model - if any?

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
jpchrist

Activity: 174

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:02:23 PM

How much does the coupon reduce the price?

$200
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Picture of internal components= 4 X S1s with upgrade applied powered with a server PSU and overclocked. OHHHH the advances in technology. Pretty cool case and screen though.

black3000gt

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:07:45 PM

5 s3's and a PSU are cheaper:(
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

Bitmain, congratulations on the release of the S4.  Unfortunately, the pricing and efficiency do not justify the purchase.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:11:05 PM

This is definitely not for the home miner.  Will just wait for the next batch of S3+ unless the price for that goes up as well.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
TechCF

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Does these come with rack mount ears / brackets?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: