Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

So, if you don't mind me asking, which is it? If I play nice and don't post anything on these forums that suggest anything negative about BITMAIN, am I going to get better results? Or can I be honest and post the truth on these forums without fear of being discriminated against by CS? Because a few weeks ago you said it wouldn't matter that I got angry, but now you are saying it's not going to help.
You can say negative things all you like as long as they are legal, but for the third time - its not going to help you get what you want. I'm not even specifically talking about this situation or Bitmain either. You can't do what you're doing and expect someone to be swayed to your views at the same time - they're mutually exclusive.

I said it was okay last time because you had already apologised and deleted what you were apologising for. At this point you've posted more abuse and threats, are continuing to do the same, are a million miles way from apologising yet still expect the same outcome as last time. That's not going to happen.
well thank you, sir, you have told me outright that I won't be receiving any compensation from BITMAIN. I was going to order 2 more S4s and several S3+s, but you, personally, have guaranteed me that I will not be receiving the compensation that is due to me, and was PROMISED in this very thread (see BITMAIN post in reference to 10 day compensation). I am never doing business with BITMAIN again. If they don't have enough sense to realize that PAYING YOU to represent them is the worst idea in history, they don't deserve my business. Good luck staying in business for another year treating your customers like shit, BITMAIN.
...They sent me a replacment PSU for ALL batch 1 units and also sent me 10 day mining compensation for the unit that died … It took a while to get resolved, but in the end, they did everything they said they would . I have 4 S4's and honestly with the latest firmware, I have no complaints . I would have no issue buying another S4 …

How much BTC they are compensated ?
I ask because today I received a notice of SP20 compensation from spondoolies.

...Thank you for your purchase of the SP20 mining machine.

As you know, shipment of the SP20 was delayed beyond our promised October date.
Because we place high value on our customer relationships, we are compensating
customers whose delivery was affected.

We are offering 0.12 BTC per machine for the delay in shipment....

this is why I will never buy another piece of hardware from BITMAIN again, and will be giving Spondoolies my business in the future. I hope you enjoyed losing a valuable customer, BITMAIN.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

MrGreenHat, in all honesty, nobody whose attention you're trying to attract will read your walls of text with bolds and capitals. State your case succinctly and use facts only, not your feelings or expectations, and you'll get a lot more traction.

If you did the same thing communicating with Bitmain like you're doing here you might want to step back, apologize, and start over. That might get you somewhere. Their CS is fairly reasonable to deal with and if you have a case they should be able to see that.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 12:05:33 AM

PROBLEM with S4 shipped two weeks ago:

Room temp: 60-70 F
Other 3 machines: Working fine
Problem: Runs for 2-3 hours, then the LCD lights up blue but blank. I have tried killing the power and then plugging it back in again, and it runs up to ~250 gH for a few minutes and then back to 0 gH/s. It is all updated. It keeps hashing momentarily at 1.8-1.9 then immediately drops to 0 gH/s.

Possibly bad sensor that thinks it's overheating? I have no idea.

What should I do? Flash firmware? Is this OK to do?

Flash firmware, then reimage SD card if still not working. I doubt either will fix the problem but its the first place to start. As you say, it sounds like something temperature based because its time based. Are the module temps okay? Could be PSU's temperature sensor, is the PSU intake vent clear?

dlowings

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:06:03 AM

...They sent me a replacment PSU for ALL batch 1 units and also sent me 10 day mining compensation for the unit that died … It took a while to get resolved, but in the end, they did everything they said they would . I have 4 S4's and honestly with the latest firmware, I have no complaints . I would have no issue buying another S4 …

How much BTC they are compensated ?
I ask because today I received a notice of SP20 compensation from spondoolies.

...Thank you for your purchase of the SP20 mining machine.

As you know, shipment of the SP20 was delayed beyond our promised October date.
Because we place high value on our customer relationships, we are compensating
customers whose delivery was affected.

We are offering 0.12 BTC per machine for the delay in shipment....

I got double what Spondoolies gave you .

8d2cde0aa33c77b902146359616bec536149a0fac6c43a5e4083920b4330e30e

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:10:50 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 12:40:05 AM by MrGreenHat

MrGreenHat, in all honesty, nobody whose attention you're trying to attract will read your walls of text with bolds and capitals. State your case succinctly and use facts only, not your feelings or expectations, and you'll get a lot more traction.

If you did the same thing communicating with Bitmain like you're doing here you might want to step back, apologize, and start over. That might get yoou somewhere. Their CS is fairly reasonable to deal with and if you have a case they should be able to see that.
Trust me, I have been MORE than polite in the past in my communications with BITMAIN. I have been civil in my emails, despite the ridiculous responses I receive. They have not replied to my emails for several days now, so my patience kind of wore thin.  I've dealt with BITMAIN CS before and have never had this kind of problem, and when they stop communicating with me, what else am I left to do? Continue  to send them polite emails asking for the compensation that is owed to me, knowing full well that they aren't going to respond?

Believe me, if BITMAIN would have compensated me as promised in this thread, I would never have posted on this forum today, but what other options do I really have? I have tried stepping back, apologizing, and starting over SEVERAL times with these guys, and it seems like they are satisfied once they feel that I am going to shut up about the way they have treated me as a customer (promising compensation, only to deny it days later). Tell me, if you were me, how would you go about reaching out to BITMAIN? Emailing Yoshi? tried that. he won't respond. Email Tim? Same result. Email info@bitmaintech.com? Ha, well if you are suggesting that to me, I know for a FACT that you have never dealt with BITMAIN CS, as nothing has EVER been resolved for me (or anyone else who I'm aware of, FTM) via sending an email to those guys, although I have [sent them email(S)], and I was polite.

EDIT: I just sent Yoshi another email calmly explaining my situation, citing the facts (specifically BITMAIN's post promising 10 days worth of compensation). In the past, he has successfully helped me get over some headaches caused by BITMAIN CS, hopefully that will be the case here.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:25:56 AM

JUST LIKE TO ADD - 5 MONTHS AFTER PROMISING ACTUAL COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGED HARDWARE ("NO NEED TO RETURN'')

I TODAY RECEIVE
- please kindly return the defective boards to below address, inform us the tracking number after ship out.
we'll process the refund once we get the defective boards.
thanks.

Name: Bitmain Warranty Address: 3700 quebec st. #100239 City: Denver, Colorado Post code: 80207 Country: USA Phone: 844-248-6246

I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH USA BITMAIN, AND WHY WOULD I WHEN I AM MERE HOURS FROM CHINA??

IS THIS YET ANOTHER FEEBLE AND ACTUALLY PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO NOT PAY OUT THE MONEY OWED FOR SENDING BROKEN HARDWARE ON NEARLY A DOZEN SEPARATE OCCASIONS?

Mr Green Hat - change your tune much?

when they 'maybe' get around to helping you out, will you again bend over backwards to scream how awesome they actually are??

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:55:32 AM

I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH USA BITMAIN, AND WHY WOULD I WHEN I AM MERE HOURS FROM CHINA??

I'll get back to you on a CN address.

MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:30:45 PM

JUST LIKE TO ADD - 5 MONTHS AFTER PROMISING ACTUAL COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGED HARDWARE ("NO NEED TO RETURN'')

I TODAY RECEIVE
- please kindly return the defective boards to below address, inform us the tracking number after ship out.
we'll process the refund once we get the defective boards.
thanks.

Name: Bitmain Warranty Address: 3700 quebec st. #100239 City: Denver, Colorado Post code: 80207 Country: USA Phone: 844-248-6246

IS THIS YET ANOTHER FEEBLE AND ACTUALLY PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO NOT PAY OUT THE MONEY OWED FOR SENDING BROKEN HARDWARE ON NEARLY A DOZEN SEPARATE OCCASIONS?

Mr Green Hat - change your tune much?

when they 'maybe' get around to helping you out, will you again bend over backwards to scream how awesome they actually are??

Edgar, if you haven't noticed I have personally apologized to you in the scam accusations thread that I have now double edited (first edit was to praise BITMAIN for getting me a working unit and showing that they actually did right by me), however I have since edited it again, and I have struck out everything positive I had written.

All that I can do is share my experience with BITMAIN, which has been 95% positive up until about three weeks ago, and since then, many promises were made to me by BITMAIN and the BITMAIN staff, some of those promises they came through on, the only one they didn't was the compensation issue. At this point, all i am asking for is 10 days of compensation for  lost mining time, the exact same thing that everyone in batch one received. I've been talking with Yoshi and he is very busy right now flying across the globe but he recommended that I create a timeline and send it to BITMAIN CS, and that is what I'm going to do. I am trying to work with BITMAIN to reach a resolution that is FAIR to both parties, so I can feel comfortable enough to continue to do business with BITMAIN in the future, because I truly believe that they are probably the best, most honest ASIC manufacturers, but for the past three weeks my experience with the company has been nothing like it was in the past. I still have hope that they will understand that by compensating me a small amount, they will be much better off as they wont lose me as a customer, and I will continue to purchase hardware from them. Seems like a no-brainier to me...

StormTheFront

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:57:27 PM

Your lack of understanding some of the most basic customer service concepts could very well be the end of your business, atleast from me.

+1
QFT

Definitely the weakness in an otherwise excellent company.
They do seem to be getting better.
Maybe they are learning from this most recent disaster as they go. I would like to think so.
I have personally seen improvement already.

One can only hope they do not ignore this very obvious weakpoint.

They have done alot right recently, by delivering the long awaited firmwares for all units, and trying their best to remedy this S4 disaster. You can tell they are trying!
However, I have to agree with you on what they have done poorly up until now also. Specifically communication and customer service.
Some things certainly could have been handled better.
Communication being number one.

Compensation should be paid where it is due.
10 days given to everyone before an imaginary line in the sand, is not exactly fair.
Some were affected beyond that line.
Others were affected much longer than 10 days.

Obviously it is a very long line of people affected by this issue (so I can see how defaulting 10 for everyone is easiest), but obviously some exceptions should be made to arbitrary guidelines and criteria.

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Best of luck to you Mr.Greenhat Wink I suspect they will pull through for you eventually.
MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:23:01 PM

Your lack of understanding some of the most basic customer service concepts could very well be the end of your business, atleast from me.

+1
QFT

Definitely the weakness in an otherwise excellent company.
They do seem to be getting better.
Maybe they are learning from this most recent disaster as they go. I would like to think so.
I have personally seen improvement already.

One can only hope they do not ignore this very obvious weakpoint.

They have done alot right recently, by delivering the long awaited firmwares for all units, and trying their best to remedy this S4 disaster. You can tell they are trying!
However, I have to agree with you on what they have done poorly up until now also. Specifically communication and customer service.
Some things certainly could have been handled better.
Communication being number one.

Compensation should be paid where it is due.
10 days given to everyone before an imaginary line in the sand, is not exactly fair.
Some were affected beyond that line.
Others were affected much longer than 10 days.

Obviously it is a very long line of people affected by this issue (so I can see how defaulting 10 for everyone is easiest), but obviously some exceptions should be made to arbitrary guidelines and criteria.

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Best of luck to you Mr.Greenhat Wink I suspect they will pull through for you eventually.
Thanks so much, Storm. I appreciate the fact that atleast someone understands where I am coming from, and I agree with the entire content of your post. Since last evening, a BITMAIN staff rep reached out to me via email so that we could hopefully come to an agreement that is fair for both parties, and it looks like that will be the case. I will continue to purchase hardware from BITMAIN once I have been compensated because I know that they are very busy and it can be difficult to satisfy every customer's demands when you have so much going on, but they seem to be committed to customer satisfaction and that means a hell of a lot to me, especially despite all the negative crap that I posted during moments of frustration. I know that I probably come off as bi-polar if you read this thread, but I want to reiterate that in my past experience with BITMAIN, I have never had a single issue with their hardware, and if I have, it was taken care of quickly (via RMA or troubleshooting). I hate that I have sunk so low to badmouth BITMAIN in this thread, but it got to a point where I felt like they were completely ignoring me and I let my temper get the best of me. That is no longer the case. I hate to waste all of these S3 coupons, so as soon as I am compensated, I plan on purchasing a few S3s, maybe even more to sell on ebay (depending on if they decide to lower the price now that BTC is worth ~$375).
IMO, they might be better off pricing the S3's (and all future products) the same way the priced the S4's--that is, price them using USD,  and give out coupons for $5/$10/$15 off instead of .035 BTC off. A few days ago, you could purchase an S3 for something like $172 USD, but now that has gone up to $192 due to the price rise of BTC. I understand why there might be an argument that "well, now that BTC is worth more, the product should cost more and everything will work out because its all proportional", and that may be the case, but it certainly seems to be deterring me from purchasing a ton of S3s right now. Instead, buying another S4 seems like the better option, as long as the USD value of bitcoin continues to climb.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:44:34 PM

I'm curious...

I sent a payment to bitmaintech.com via Coinbase wallet approximately 5 minutes ago to purchase one S4.  I have sixteen (16) S3's I have purchased on eBay; ten (10) of which were mailed straight to me from China.  This is my first purchase from bitmaintch.com.  Hopefully, it will not be my last.

What I was curious about is how long it takes for payment to be confirmed and they send an email to me?  I already received an email telling me I have one hour to make my purchase before cancelation.  I completed that purchase about 2 minutes after receiving that email.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:18:57 PM

What did you buy, S3 or S4? I am sitting on 13 S3 coupons you could have used as well as S4 coupons probably won't use. We could have reached a deal both would have been happy with.
To answer your question, don't worry about it as I haven't yet had a confirm payment beat the hour deadline and it never has been a problem.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:21:28 PM

What I was curious about is how long it takes for payment to be confirmed and they send an email to me?  I already received an email telling me I have one hour to make my purchase before cancelation.  I completed that purchase about 2 minutes after receiving that email.
Within a few hours, usually. Don't worry, as long as you sent the correct amount of BTC to the address they provided, you'll be fine.

What did you buy, S3 or S4? I am sitting on 13 S3 coupons you could have used as well as S4 coupons probably won't use. We could have reached a deal both would have been happy with.
LOL. Are you upset with this guy for not contacting you in order to buy a coupon from you before he made his purchase?  Cheesy
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:23:08 PM

What I was curious about is how long it takes for payment to be confirmed and they send an email to me?  I already received an email telling me I have one hour to make my purchase before cancelation.  I completed that purchase about 2 minutes after receiving that email.
Within a few hours, usually. Don't worry, as long as you sent the correct amount of BTC to the address they provided, you'll be fine.

Okay, sweeeeeeeeeet

Thanks for the reply so I won't be pulling my hair out.

Thank you very much!

It's a lot to send to someone in another country.

David

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:29:03 PM

Okay, sweeeeeeeeeet

Thanks for the reply so I won't be pulling my hair out.

Thank you very much!
It's a lot to send to someone in another country.

David
It sure is, and I remember that very same feeling the first time I made my first BITMAIN order, but in a few days you'll have a nice shiny S4 at your door and you won't think twice about ever buying from anyone but BITMAIN. For all the bitching I've done about  not receiving my compensation yet, I can't deny that BITMAINTECH.COM (or any authorized reselllers, like SUSHI) is without a doubt the way to go. You will never want to waste your time or money buying rigs on ebay again, especially when 95% of the bitcoin rigs on ebay are way overpriced, and typically have always been used (sometimes even damaged or DOA).
sjc1490

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:36:05 PM

LOL. Are you upset with this guy for not contacting you in order to buy a coupon from you before he made his purchase?  Cheesy

Not that it is any of your business but he mines at a pool I do and I have had several conversations with him and would have given him a coupon NC.

MrGreenHat

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:42:36 PM

What I was curious about is how long it takes for payment to be confirmed and they send an email to me?  I already received an email telling me I have one hour to make my purchase before cancelation.  I completed that purchase about 2 minutes after receiving that email.

Not that it is any of your business but he mines at a pool I do and I have had several conversations with him and would have given him a coupon NC.
I never said it was any of my business, it just seemed kind of funny to me. Now that you have explained that you had a prior relationship with this guy, it sort of makes sense...didn't mean to offend you, I apologize if I did, I just thought it was kind of funny...
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:43:29 PM

Not sure if it was you or not, sic, who had the S4 coupon that expired like October 24th, which was no good for me.  Oh well, too late now.  Probably too late for the next one.  I will get another S4 as soon as I earn enough to get one.  I should earn BTC a little faster than before.  It's like adding 4 and a half S3's to my farm when I get one of these S4's.  

I hope I have no issues with this S4 when I receive it.  I have been a bit hesitant after seeing a youtube video of an S4 smoking and the difficulty issue on pools that start low and slowly wind up higher.  I was going to wait for batch 3 but I just couldn't wait any longer.  LOL

David

sjc1490

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:45:53 PM

No problem, David it is and these are good to the 13th and 15th if you need one pm me.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:46:35 PM

I purchased with the price of BTC at $370.19

I wasn't sure if it would hang in there much longer to the evening.  I put Monday at midnight as my cutoff date for purchase.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: