Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

Hey guys,,

Im currently running 11 S4 with 9 more on the way,, I have been very pleased with the s4,, however I have 1 issue that Im hoping you guys can help with,,

Just got this one yesterday, and one hashboard is only showing 11 chips,,, I have reloaded firmware,, power cycled,, rebooted,, reset to defaults,, opened it up checked all connections,, reseated all connections,,

and nothing,, same result,, chain 1 is showing only 11 chips. ANy help or suggestions would be appreciated.

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

Hey guys,,

Im currently running 11 S4 with 9 more on the way,, I have been very pleased with the s4,, however I have 1 issue that Im hoping you guys can help with,,

Just got this one yesterday, and one hashboard is only showing 11 chips,,, I have reloaded firmware,, power cycled,, rebooted,, reset to defaults,, opened it up checked all connections,, reseated all connections,,

and nothing,, same result,, chain 1 is showing only 11 chips. ANy help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I already have one S4.  I'm WANTING to purchase 4 more S4's on the 29th of this month.  However, hearing this kind of crap concerning "quality and control" is beginning to make me have 2nd thoughts!

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
audiotopix

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:32:13 PM

Hey guys,,

I already have one S4.  I'm WANTING to purchase 4 more S4's on the 29th of this month.  However, hearing this kind of crap concerning "quality and control" is beginning to make me have 2nd thoughts!

1 hashboard with an issue out of 11 S4s,, is not bad,,, In the days of our S2s there was always some kind of issue,,,, But hey dont buy them,,, more for Bitlab!!!!

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:53:44 PM

From what I'm reading, these are "minor" quality control issues.  KNC's have a reputation for catching on fire overnight, Zeus's units this spring came in at 3X the power consumption they advertised (GAW's rebranded ones were only 50% high since they were not as aggressive advertising them).  Compared to those things, having to do a power cycle after changing parameters is pretty minor.

Cassey

Cassey
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:26:50 PM

Hey guys,,

ebay or wait for new tech due out soon.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:59:39 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 08:32:00 PM by dmwardjr

I already have one S4.  I'm WANTING to purchase 4 more S4's on the 29th of this month.  However, hearing this kind of crap concerning "quality and control" is beginning to make me have 2nd thoughts!

From what I'm reading, these are "minor" quality control issues.  KNC's have a reputation for catching on fire overnight, Zeus's units this spring came in at 3X the power consumption they advertised (GAW's rebranded ones were only 50% high since they were not as aggressive advertising them).  Compared to those things, having to do a power cycle after changing parameters is pretty minor.

Cassey

What will BITMAIN do for the gentleman who's S4 had a bad chip in one of the boards?  Will they send him a new board with return shipping provided for the defective one?  How would something like that work?

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
LordTheron

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with my S4. I run it for about 7 days and soon after, it started to be very unstable. Hashrate would drop to 1.6 Th, after reboot it wouldn't start mining unless rebooted twice. Last night its been playing up badly so I rebooted it once, that didn't solve the problem so rebooted it again, after that my miner never came back. I had to power it off as miner wasn't responding. Since then, my miner is dead, I get LCD coming up but its blank, LED on network port is flashing, LED's on controller are on . I don't get red LED next to display so not sure what's wrong.  

Any idea? Help much appreciated. Smiley

Cheers,
AlittleBitMore

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:24:01 PM

Hey guys,,

I have a fan out and can not get the proper replacement and they just left me hanging will not send me a new one or tell me where to get the proper one..
There is your answer.
audiotopix

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 08:50:24 PM

I already have one S4.  I'm WANTING to purchase 4 more S4's on the 29th of this month.  However, hearing this kind of crap concerning "quality and control" is beginning to make me have 2nd thoughts!

From what I'm reading, these are "minor" quality control issues.  KNC's have a reputation for catching on fire overnight, Zeus's units this spring came in at 3X the power consumption they advertised (GAW's rebranded ones were only 50% high since they were not as aggressive advertising them).  Compared to those things, having to do a power cycle after changing parameters is pretty minor.

Cassey

What will BITMAIN do for the gentleman who's S4 had a bad chip in one of the boards?  Will they send him a new board with return shipping provided for the defective one?  How would something like that work?

Bitmain has always taken care of me,,, In my S2 days I have sent back 3 defective hashboards, 1 defective power supply,, and never paid anything for shipping,, they always had my replacements back in about a week,,, As im sure they will do now for my S4 problem,,, I was just hoping that maybe Dogie knew something I could try to get this hashboard to pop up properly so I wouldnt have to go to Bitmain.

Bitmain has been the most consistent mining hardware supplier I have ever used,, and is why I use ONLY Bitmain hardware.

[]
MASTERNODESSINCE
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:53:27 PM

Cassey

Bitmain has always taken care of me,,, In my S2 days I have sent back 3 defective hashboards, 1 defective power supply,, and never paid anything for shipping,, they always had my replacements back in about a week,,, As im sure they will do now for my S4 problem,,, I was just hoping that maybe Dogie knew something I could try to get this hashboard to pop up properly so I wouldnt have to go to Bitmain.

Bitmain has been the most consistent mining hardware supplier I have ever used,, and is why I use ONLY Bitmain hardware.

Thank you for your response and easing my concerns.   Grin

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with my S4. I run it for about 7 days and soon after, it started to be very unstable. Hashrate would drop to 1.6 Th, after reboot it wouldn't start mining unless rebooted twice. Last night its been playing up badly so I rebooted it once, that didn't solve the problem so rebooted it again, after that my miner never came back. I had to power it off as miner wasn't responding. Since then, my miner is dead, I get LCD coming up but its blank, LED on network port is flashing, LED's on controller are on . I don't get red LED next to display so not sure what's wrong.  

Cheers,

my guess is the SD card in the controller (Its a beaglebone right?) Get a class 10 card, image it and try that

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 10:29:33 PM

Hey guys,,

Screenshot of the config page please?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 10:30:24 PM

Hey guys,,

Have to remember the scale of S4s sold - 1000s and 1000s. Those customers without problems have little reason to come here so what you see is a concentration of problems to be debugged and solved.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 10:31:21 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

my guess is the SD card in the controller (Its a beaglebone right?) Get a class 10 card, image it and try that

Yeah, reflash the SD card with the image [this is MY image by the way...] in the #2 post. If that doesn't work, see if you can find another SD card to test with (4GB+).

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 10:31:57 PM

Hey guys,,

I have a fan out and can not get the proper replacement and they just left me hanging will not send me a new one or tell me where to get the proper one..
There is your answer.

If its a front fan then try running without it, S4s are quite significantly overcooled. If its a rear fan, swap it out with one of the front fans. Temps <60C are fine.

sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248

Are we there yet?

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:50:10 PM

If its a front fan then try running without it, S4s are quite significantly overcooled. If its a rear fan, swap it out with one of the front fans. Temps <60C are fine.

Will it run without the fans plugged in? Because, if the S4 can run without the front fans plugged in, I can live with <65C and reduce the noise by half!  Grin

Edit: Or even switch the rear fans to the Deltas.. wondering if it will work... hmm....

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 11:01:54 PM

Will it run without the fans plugged in? Because, if the S4 can run without the front fans plugged in, I can live with <65C and reduce the noise by half!  Grin

Edit: Or even switch the rear fans to the Deltas.. wondering if it will work... hmm....

I believe so, yes.

sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

I believe so, yes.

hehe... I'll test it out witht the new S4s I'll be receiving in a day or 2. Man.. if they can run on just 2 fans, that would be terrific. The noise level will drop ALOT!

And if it works, that will also mean I'll have spare fans... double wootwoot!

tfoto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

I tried to to turn off two fans.
But in this case two fans who stay beginning to run at higher speeds and noise from this is not quiet
sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

I tried to to turn off two fans.
But in this case two fans who stay beginning to run at higher speeds and noise from this is not quiet

All my 4 fans are already at max rpm, so noise will reduce in my case, I believe, but temps will go up. I'll be good if temps are stable <65C.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: