Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 10:58:53 PM

Remember that if you're overclocking you [officially] lose your warranty, and I personally wouldn't go up more than 1 voltage step on the stock PSU.

How long is the warranty? 30 days?

Its not stated on the page but I believe its 90 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

Remember that if you're overclocking you [officially] lose your warranty, and I personally wouldn't go up more than 1 voltage step on the stock PSU.

Does the S2 lifetime warranty?

Could you confirm this?
...We have already contacted Bitmain and they state that item is under lifetime warranty and boards may be returned for repair or replacement for free.  We would like to sell item instead of going to taking the time to return. ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=870784.0
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 11:28:07 PM

Could you confirm this?
...We have already contacted Bitmain and they state that item is under lifetime warranty and boards may be returned for repair or replacement for free.  We would like to sell item instead of going to taking the time to return. ...

Checking, might be a while as quite a few staff heading to the St Peters' conference.

pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:08:19 AM

The minimum warranty is country dependent as defined in their consumer protection laws. eg, U.S 90 days, AU 365 days.

Be very cautious of what is classified as "life-time". Some companies will define it as the expected time the product will be used before being obsolete. ie. by their next model.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:13:52 AM

Could you confirm this?

Checking, might be a while as quite a few staff heading to the St Peters' conference.

Confirmed its 90 days.

aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:21:57 PM

Confirmed its 90 days.

90 days from the day of SHIPPING - no matter how much time it takes to get to you and BITMAIN enforce this...

I was late with like 3 days to submit the issue and they refused to honor the warranty
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:49:31 PM

Thank you very very much!

Did somebody get higher hashrates? Cooling, power from the wall and psu (i have changed) is no problem.

Check out this post.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.msg9619577#msg9619577

Running! Cheesy

Thank you! Are there any further higher hashrates anybody got?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:50:04 PM

voltage 0775
using two power supply

Running!  Cheesy

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
MissouriMiner

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:08:44 PM

I would like to have a couple S4's using just under 1000W each at the wall.  I'm trying to run 2x S4's on a single 20A 120V circuit (temporarily), so I don't want them exceeding 2000W aggregate. Does anyone have recommended settings to achieve this?   I'm guessing the MHz should be around 160.  What is the formula for determining what voltage to use based on MHz setting?   It's like one of those IQ tests and unfortunately I can't figure this one out.  Burn on me.... lol

You could probably get a frequency code from the s3 thread that would apply to the s4.

My guess is 160-170mhz at 0.65-0.67v would achieve that

Thanks for the input.  So far, I'm using 162.5 MHz and 0.67 V, which gets 1.5 TH/s at 950-1000 Watts (depending on fan speeds).

After running with 162.5 and 0.67v for several hours, some of the chips started changing from O to X.  Something like; after 1 hour 1 X, after 3 hours 2 X's, after 6 hours 5 X's.  When running at stock settings, it never had any X's.  With the underclocked settings, is there an obvious issue that causes this problem?  Such as, voltage too low, or too high?
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:38:20 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 09:51:29 PM by Cyper_BLC

Guys i must to clear this o-x what are these means;

every hash Cell must feed proper voltage and frequence so,

if you see - , this means = you dont feed this cell with proper voltage
(use higher Voltage,because some devices used on high voltage before we bougt)

if you see x , this means = your working frequence did not enought of Cell for live
(use higher Freq,because some devices used on high freq before we bougt)

if you see nothing, this means = This ASIC cell is not communicate with FPGA
(weak soldering or DEATH, if you lucky Re oven the hash board)

or you can try this when you see x or - => use web interafce goto Miner Configuration>General Settings then just click Save&Apply
you will see x or - gone because FPGA is resetted.

have a nice days.
i forgot this >Maybe reason of x-o stuation is broken fpga test communication, because asic test.sh working with cgminer when your system hashing.
if your system is hashing proper speed, you dont worry about that because its software bug. Smiley
And also write this calculation into your notes. If you want adjusting voltage and freq. You must to use my calculation;
Your Desired Clock Speed (depends Gh/s) x 0.00358(my constant) = Optimum Voltage Settings.
example if you want to use 187.5Mhz x 0.00358 = 0.671 V will be best energy eff. adjust.

i want to help peoples and hope to bugless products, so any donations is accepted if you be this useful. thanks.

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
MissouriMiner

Activity: 312

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:28:14 PM

Guys i must to clear this o-x what are these means;

every hash Cell must feed proper voltage and frequence so,

if you see - , this means = you dont feed this cell with proper voltage
(use higher Voltage,because some devices used on high voltage before we bougt)

if you see x , this means = your working frequence did not enought of Cell for live
(use higher Freq,because some devices used on high freq before we bougt)

if you see nothing, this means = This ASIC cell is not communicate with FPGA
(weak soldering or DEATH, if you lucky Re oven the hash board)

or you can try this when you see x or - => use web interafce goto Miner Configuration>General Settings then just click Save&Apply
you will see x or - gone because FPGA is resetted.

have a nice days.
i forgot this >Maybe reason of x-o stuation is broken fpga test communication, because asic test.sh working with cgminer when your system hashing.
if your system is hashing proper speed, you dont worry about that because its software bug. Smiley
And also write this calculation into your notes. If you want adjusting voltage and freq. You must to use my calculation;
Your Desired Clock Speed (depends Gh/s) x 0.00358(my constant) = Optimum Voltage Settings.
example if you want to use 187.5Mhz x 0.00358 = 0.671 V will be best energy eff. adjust.

i want to help peoples and hope to bugless products, so any donations is accepted if you be this useful. thanks.

Bitmain posted the information in the table, on the first page of this thread.  Your calculation is very different for the bottom 2 recommendations.  I do not know what to think since your recommendation is much different than the manufacturer.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:02:28 PM

Bitmain posted the information in the table, on the first page of this thread.  Your calculation is very different for the bottom 2 recommendations.  I do not know what to think since your recommendation is much different than the manufacturer.

Obviously voltage to frequency ratio is not linear. Otherwise undervolting would be pointless, the goal is not to make your miner slower, but to make it more efficient (i.e. more hash per watt). Don't use any magic constants, try Bitmain's recommended values and tweak them around to find the best settings.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:15:16 AM

(saving space)

voltage 0775
using two power supply

Running!  Cheesy

Wow that is a impressive speed.  How many watts does it use to get in the mid 2T and more?   Are you able to take picture of two power supply unit?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 12:15:51 AM

after the payment (btc) has been more than 48 hours, but the order status is still "unshipped"  Huh

Bitmain prioritises actually shipping over telling you they've shipped. When you get tracking it'll likely be a day into its journey.

Cassey

Activity: 470

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:04:42 AM

Trying this on one of my S4s vs. the previous recommended 0.685V at 187.5.

Been running a few hours, so far, so good. 

Cassey
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:50:17 AM

One of my four S4's LCD screen is blank.  It will not boot up.  The LCD lights up but just stays blank.  Can someone help?

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Bitkoinzz

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:59:07 AM

One of my four S4's LCD screen is blank.  It will not boot up.  The LCD lights up but just stays blank.  Can someone help?
Yes I can tell you exactly what the problem is. If you have rebooted a couple times and the screen is blank that means the SD card has moved a little inside the S4 and the firmware is not being read and booting up the machine.. You need to remove the 6 screws on top of the case, pull off the cover straight up, look inside and find the SD card, push it in and it will then pop out, then reinsert. The S4 will work then. I had to do this on 2 out of 4 today.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:01:06 AM

Yes I can tell you exactly what the problem is. If you have rebooted a couple times and the screen is blank that means the SD card has moved a little inside the S4 and the firmware is not being read and booting up the machine.. You need to remove the 6 screws on top of the case, pull off the cover straight up, look inside and find the SD card, push it in and it will then pop out, then reinsert. The S4 will work then. I had to do this on 2 out of 4 today.

Okay!!!

Thank you very much for the quick response!

I'll give it a try.

I've shut it off and back on several times to no avail.  So, let me give what you said a whirl...

Grin

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:31:39 AM

Okay!!!

Thank you very much for the quick response!

I'll give it a try.

I've shut it off and back on several times to no avail.  So, let me give what you said a whirl...

Grin
If that doesn't work, power down one of the other ones and create an SD card image (win32diskimager works well), then flash it to the SD card on the bad unit.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:35:42 AM

One of my four S4's LCD screen is blank.  It will not boot up.  The LCD lights up but just stays blank.  Can someone help?

That did the trick, Sir...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Added two new S3's and four new S4's to my little farm.  Went up from 9.2 TH/s to 18 TH/s.  So, I've almost doubled.

I will delete the pic in a few hours.  Please don't mind the mess with the wiring.  They are about to be moved to a new closet I'm building.

I'm building a larger closet in my recreation room to house up to 96 S4's.  I will delete this picture in a few hours.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: