Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmin aka Sell43 Scammer  (Read 2308 times)
Cobra32 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:19:02 PM

Bitmin contacted me after seeing an advert that I was looking for Kaspersky Anti Virus keys.
He was selling them for $5 each. Usually I play on the side of caution but decided to trust this person. What a stupid move.
I purchased 4 keys @ $5 each. I sent him the $20 in BTC.

Before I sent him the payment he'd told me that up on receiving payment he would sent the keys "immediately".
But he did not do this. He said when he arrived home he'd generate the keys.

As I did not suspect him at this time I was asking him if he had any Windows 8.1 keys. He explained he had MSDN keys. I explained I was looking for retail.
He said he'd check and then told me he had keys. He proceeded to go on and on about this windows 8 key despite me telling him that once I'd got the Kaspersky keys we'd talk.
He tried a few things like a part payment and then the rest when he'd sent the key. And then he wanted to send the key and I send him payment once I'd got the key.
But he asked me if I was going to use the key now. Which I found odd. This also with that he was not delivering the keys immediately as he said he would do, started to make me more
and more suspicious.
I obtained his IP address via skype and found he was in India (59.161.79.165) or at least it was reporting as such. Maybe VPN/proxy.

I'd already explained to him that if he did not deliver the keys by 7.30pm which was the 1hr and 30 mins he'd told me he needed to get the keys when he got home. That i'd report him as a scammer.
I then got a message from bitcointalk from a username Sell43 (new account) asking if I wanted to buy a windows 8 or 8.1 key @ $8 BTC. Now how would this person know I was looking for a key?
I asked if he had skype added him and verified it was him by getting the IP.

I confronted him on skype and asked why would I fall for been scammer a second time. He did not seem to forth coming with an answer other than a weak excuse he'd changed accounts when he got home on skype.
But this does not explain why he made a new account on bitcointalk.
It was not 7.35pm. He then passed 4 keys claiming his logged into somewhere and generated these codes.
I managed to easily find all 4 codes by doing a google search.
He denied getting them from google and asked that I tried them.
I did and they ALL failed.

He then put himself into away mode on Skype and I'm non the wiser to what he has to say for himself since he's not answering at the moment.

His skype names are..
Ayush cool (kid.had) - this is the original contact skype he gave me under the name Bitmin.
Frank simkin (frank.simkin) - is him trying to get me to purchase a windows 8 key.

I should have been more cautious. All the same I hope he chokes on his own vomit while he sleeps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitmin

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:57:45 AM

As per discussion , Origianal retail keys are sent to the OP

Please Confirm that u recevied the keys

I hope that this deal is close now
chri521

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:59:09 PM

Bitmin I haven't posted yet but did file an initial claim with PayPal since you did not deliver or reply with my card now for two days after promising you would do it immediately.

Please send me the promised $110 Starbucks card and I will remove my dispute. If you promise immediate delivery it doesn't mean two days later and multiple scammer warnings please.
Cobra32 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:48:42 PM

OK after me hailing abuse at him when he signed in to Skype. He decided to answer.
After some lengthy discussion he "failed to deliver" my Kaspersky keys.
He then went on to offer me the Windows 8.1 Retail keys that I'd mentioned about in my OP.
He finally sent over one key. Then sent over another after squeezing it out of him which he was at first reluctant to give.
He was focused on me getting his account returned to normal on bitcointalk telling me I'd ruined his account.

The keys he has given me are MSDN retail keys. So the chances of these lasting is slim. But they are valid it seems.
Are they worth my $20? I don't think so as they are probably not going to last that long.

So he did pass over something that makes me feel a little less out of pocket but still not what I asked for and this does not
make him a honest person.

The truth is, when you rip someone off there is no going back.

But I'm here to do what I told him I would do. Tell this community what he's done to try and resolve the situation.
Now if people think that this is a resolvement and there for his account should be placed back to it's original state. I'm not
in any place to make that decision.

But I will personally avoid him and I will ensure he is not using other accounts to try and sting me again in the future.

But reading others posts on this thread. He has made his bed.
Cobra32 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:56:53 PM

As per discussion , Origianal retail keys are sent to the OP

Please Confirm that u recevied the keys

I hope that this deal is close now

You did not deliver any Kaspersky keys as per what me and you was to trade.
I sent you $20 for 4 Kaspersky keys.
And the rest of this situation was explained in my OP.

I've already said you have given me 2 x Windows 8.1 Retail from MSDN.
I asked that you provided proof to where you got them.
But you just said your "supplier" so that is usually someone with MSDN account.

They are valid keys but as I've said. The chances that the last are slim to none.

It's up to the staff/Mod of this forum to decide your status here.
I was not the one who actually filed the BTC loss anyhow.
It was someone else who'd seen my post here.
chri521

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:05:24 PM

Bitmin signed on to ask me to resolve our dispute and that he again would "send immediately".
I think he's just a flake as he signed off right afterwards and has not been seen online since. Our dispute is not resolved.
chri521

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:23:01 PM

Well last post on this mods please put me in for a formal scammer accusation. This seller has vanished and has not delivered promised goods in the form of a starbucks gift card.

His PayPal email is:  greatseller3@gmail.com
Transaction was done November 6, 2014.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=845996.msg9457979#msg9457979

Last contact was November 09, 2014, 09:49:42 AM
This is when Bitmin asked I reverse all disputes and accusations and then he would send me what I was owed. This has not happened.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:52:35 AM

lol the guy also wanted to sell me a oneplus one smartphone invite. looks like he got all sorts of keys and services  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: