Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:46:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: geolocation based crypto web/mobile application  (Read 1359 times)
sudocoin (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:06:03 PM

Hello, I have a pretty interesting and novel idea for a crypto currency, geolocation based application. I have a prototype website operational right now that only deals with bitcoins. Essentially its a platform where anyone can give and take coins based on their geolocation. A user can use the web platform to manage their account and drop coins. They then pair their mobile device and use the mobile app to pick up coins! This will allow people to drop crypto all over the world via a map and then anyone can pick it up. This will allow people to give crypto to people they don't even know. There are many reason why people would drop crypto on a map to direct people to certain locations. Now that I have an operational prototype working, I would like to to try it out and let me know what they think. Keep in mind this is a rough draft version of the code.

My proof of concept site is at www.geobitz.com

if you would like the iOS mobile app please PM so I can add you to the testflight distro.

I am looking for another enthusiastic partner(s) to help me take this to the next level, such as supporting other coins and making the platform robust and secure. Also the mobile app right now is only working for iOS and need an android equivalent Please leave me some comments.
Please reply back with any comments or suggestions. Thanks!
unip

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:46:39 PM

Hi! your idea is very interesting! Unfortunately it seems that you give up with it, the web doesn't work.

I am wondering about security issues. Do you know if an advanced user can cheat about his geolocation usign some hacking?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: