Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2329 times)
PPT-PR (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 02:04:42 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2012, 01:04:43 AM by PPT-PR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:17:33 AM

I suggest 20:00UTC

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:57:24 AM

I suggest 20:00UTC

Might be getting a bit late still:

With DST that gets to 21:00 in the UK already, 22:00 in central Europe and even later to the east.

I would suggest 18:00 UTC - prime time for most of Europe - or even earlier to make sure also the asian market can get in (though they might have already a chance at the current window in the far east).
Also it's 8 hours apart from the other offering. Should they choose to offer a third time slot in the future if Bitcoin takes off in Asia, they can then take the 10:00UTC for 02:00, 10:00 and 18:00 bonds for US, Europe and Asia.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:47:28 AM

Personally I would prefer to stick with just the 1 weekly offer of 2,000 or more bonds, make it a Sunday when most people are free - a lot of eBay auctions end then for this reason & choose a time like 5pm UTC which would work well for both US, EU & Asia

5pm UTC = 6pm UK = 7 pm CET = 1pm NY = 10am LA = Midnight BKK

Multiple auctions with less bonds per week just complicates things unnecessarily imo & is too much to keep monitoring the different issue's prices on, is demand going to be 50:50 between US & EU anyway

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 12:10:09 PM

Personally I would prefer to stick with just the 1 weekly offer of 2,000 or more bonds, make it a Sunday when most people are free - a lot of eBay auctions end then for this reason & choose a time like 5pm UTC which would work well for both US, EU & Asia

Multiple auctions with less bonds per week just complicates things unnecessarily imo & is too much to keep monitoring the different issue's prices on, is demand going to be 50:50 between US & EU anyway

Agreed I prefer sticiking selling at one time. I think Saturday is better then Sunday but the time sounds good. 
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 12:29:23 PM

+1
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 12:57:19 PM

yep, Saturday is good too, btw PPT in the news here
http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2012/05/bitcoin-stock-market-miners-and-pirates.html#more

area

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 03:42:31 PM

I'm based in Europe, and have had no issue with the time the shares were sold. I just put my order in and see if I've got my shares the next morning.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 09:01:55 PM

Well, there's 6 bonds being rotated, so why not just have two of them (A and D) at a set time for the first time slot, two (B and E) for the next, and the other two (C and F) on the third. Make them 8 hours different. Essentially treat the world as having 3 time zones. Those of us in time zone AD get 2 of 6 weeks where we get preferential treatment, but the same goes for the investors in BE and CF.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
TheOtherGuy

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:09:16 PM

Well, there's 6 bonds being rotated, so why not just have two of them (A and D) at a set time for the first time slot, two (B and E) for the next, and the other two (C and F) on the third. Make them 8 hours different. Essentially treat the world as having 3 time zones. Those of us in time zone AD get 2 of 6 weeks where we get preferential treatment, but the same goes for the investors in BE and CF.
Aren't there only 4 bonds being rotated?

1NDoRoTapFZNiUhzTPyFdKib66QLJfmcuR
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 02:46:35 PM

+1 works for me, I actively trade the PPTs & don't wish to have more than 4 at a time to monitor & especially not Europecentric poor relation ones - I'd just ignore them even if the launch time suited me better, so good choice BODs - hopefully

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:17:50 PM

We are still discussing a possible change in date and time for the PPT.E sale.

you asked for feedback & got it, 90% favored an earlier time

VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 10:22:06 PM

As I said in the other thread I voted for the change (Saturday morning is better for me personally than Friday evening)  however it is hard to argue with demand for over 7000 bonds during the last 2500 bond auction.  We will revisit this if we see a drop in participation.

This sounds as if it is not broken, do not fix it. I regret your decision because at that time most Europeans will be at a clear disadvantage.

Best of luck with your bonds!

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:38:40 PM

As I said in the other thread I voted for the change (Saturday morning is better for me personally than Friday evening)  however it is hard to argue with demand for over 7000 bonds during the last 2500 bond auction.  We will revisit this if we see a drop in participation.

This sounds as if it is not broken, do not fix it. I regret your decision because at that time most Europeans will be at a clear disadvantage.

& note this is from a Madrilenian who drops 3,000 coins at a time on a goat probably pirate pass through, the lol being that goat almost dropped the lot too

we want outa Euros, but not at 4AM on Saturday por favor, anyway I've said this before, it's no longer really very relevant for me personally but I still think being totally US centric is not the best way to go, 2c

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 12:03:18 AM

& note this is from a Madrilenian who drops 3,000 coins at a time on a goat probably pirate pass through, the lol being that goat almost dropped the lot too

we want outa Euros, but not at 4AM on Saturday por favor, anyway I've said this before, it's no longer really very relevant for me personally but I still think being totally US centric is not the best way to go, 2c

I would agree, but then I'm not in the US.  Certainly the timing was not intended to disadvantage anyone.  But, then it's noon here and the PPT.B redemption has just been completed.
VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 09:16:45 AM

Yeah, you are right Otoh. I am willing to do serious business in bitcoins but only with people I can trust.
If I can't trade at reasonable trading hours in this bond I will simply invest my time and money in other securities.

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 11:12:37 AM

Sorry to thread cap, but perhaps European investors eager to rid themselves of bitcoins might like to check out BIB.PIRATE. The cut-off time for market makers to get bonds pre-launch is 12 pm UTC. They're perpetual bonds, so there shouldn't be so much of a scramble in following weeks.

cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:17:38 AM

2) We discussed it on and off for several days and decided to just leave the PPT auctions as they were originally designed for now.
    a) The auction date/time will remain every Saturday morning at 2 AM UTC.  That is every Friday evening at 7 PM PDT, 8 PM MDT, 9 PM CDT and 10 PM EDT.

And 5 AM EEST eg. here in Finland. Sad
So I'm also in favor of changing the time to anywhere between 5 to 8 PM UTC, even though the issue is no longer apparently on the table.

They've got it wrong. With 6-7% weekly I'll be awake at any given time that being the only time to participate. However, the current auction time is the worst one can imagine (for Europe, and in particular for Eastern Europe in summer time). I mean, someone said that you had a poll with 90% wanting earlier auction time. So other BOD members decided to decline solely based on this overall bond demand argument? Adding that UTC time format in your marketing doesn't alone make these bonds international. Wink
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 07:21:20 AM

5 PM UTC is a good idea.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: