Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:54:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] TEEK Funds - crowdsourced loans / p2p economics. NEW: TEEK.USD  (Read 8539 times)
teek (OP)

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:31:22 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 09:52:00 PM by teek

Hello fellow Bitcoiners!

I just want to draw your attention to the first a new set of assets I am launching on the GLBSE - TEEK Funds.

The first two TEEK assets will be a set of loans / bonds which will pump some of my profits back into the Bitcoin economy.  As some of you may know, I do own several businesses and am involved in various profitable projects.  I have been self employed in the Information Technology sector since 2005, and though that enables me to live comfortably, I have also made money on real estate and all types of other business ventures.  Some of you may have followed another GLBSE asset which is a joint venture I am involved in, Blockminers (BMMO), which is currently the oldest mining company on the GLBSE, and has always paid it's dividends on time and without fail.

I often find myself with a problem that many of us face.  I miss out on oportunities to make more profits because my capital is tied up in other ventures, or my current options for obtaining spot financing are too time consuming or prohibitively costly with bad terms.  

I'd pretty much say I am overlooked by the traditional banking system as many of us are.  The system is truly set up so the rich get richer, the poor stay poorer, and the middle class pays for it all.  Well one guy can't change the system, but ideas like Bitcoin, Crowdsourcing, and P2P Decentralization, we can all see are changing the way people think.

I hope to solve this problem in this very untraditional, but very cool manner, and I hope that the Bitcoin community allows me to do so.

The contracts for TEEK.A and TEEK.B below.

TEEK.A
------------

TEEK.A is an interest bearing loan or bond. The funds generated from this loan will be used to finance low risk business ventures. This loan guarantees no loss of principal to the bond holder, the risk is carried soley by the issuer.

The specific investments which the funds are used for will not be disclosed, but the nature of the investments are disclosed as corporate acquistions, operating lines of credit, real estate transactions, and other above board legitimate uses which return a profit.

Each bond issued will have a face value of 1 BTC and will receive an interest payment or dividend of .003 BTC per week.  Dividends will be paid every Sunday. You must hold the bond at the exact time of dividend payment to be entitled to the dividend.

A minimum liquidty level will be established.  Each week, on the Sunday dividend day, a bid of 1 BTC per bond will be placed for a minimum of 5% of the outstanding bonds.

This loan can be called at any time.  If the loan is called, the issuer will place a bid of 1 BTC for every oustanding bond.  Interest for the weekly period will be paid out on a pro-rated basis.

** This asset does not represent ownership of any company or organization and has no voting rights. **

TEEK.B
------------

TEEK.B is an interest bearing loan or bond. The funds generated from this loan will be used to finance high risk business ventures. This loan is not guaranteed and is provided on a best effort basis.

The specific investments which the funds are used for will not be disclosed.  

Each bond issued will have a face value of 1 BTC and will receive an interest payment or dividend of .03 BTC per week.  Dividends will be paid every Sunday. You must hold the bond at the exact time of dividend payment to be entitled to the dividend.

A minimum liquidty level will be established.  Each week, on the Sunday dividend day, a bid of 1 BTC per bond will be placed for a minimum of 5% of the outstanding bonds.

This loan can be called at any time.  If the loan is called, the issuer will place a bid of 1 BTC for every oustanding bond.  Interest for the weekly period will be paid out on a pro-rated basis.

** This asset does not represent ownership of any company or organization and has no voting rights. **

TEEK.USD
-------------------

TEEK.USD is an interest bearing loan or bond pegged to USD.  Each bond has a face value of ONE UNITED STATES DOLLAR (USD) worth of Bitcoin at Mt. Gox's BTCUSD 24h weighted average rate.

This loan / bond guarantees no loss of principal to the bond holder, the risk is carried solely by the issuer, and it's face value does not fluctuate from $1.00 USD.

This loan / bond is pegged to USD but all transactions will take place in Bitcoin, at the Mt. Gox BTCUSD 24h weighted average rate, USD will be rounded to two decimal places, and BTC will be rounded to 8 decimal places.

A $0.01 USD (in bitcoin at the Mt. Gox BTCUSD 24h weighted average rate) interest payment will be paid to each bond every Sunday. You must hold the bond at the exact time of interest payment to be entitled to the interest.

For example:  For a weighted average of $7.53959  a rate of $7.54 would be used.  A interest payment of $0.01 USD @ BTCUSD rate of $7.54 would be,  1 / 7.54 = 0.13262599 BTC  x $0.01 USD = 0.00132626 BTC per bond.

A minimum liquidity level will be established. Each week, on the Sunday interest day, a bid of $1.00 USD per bond (in bitcoin at the Mt. Gox BTCUSD 24h weighted average rate) will be placed for a minimum of 5% of the outstanding bonds.

This loan / bond can be called at any time. If the loan / bond is called, the issuer will place a bid of $1.05 USD per bond (in bitcoin at the Mt. Gox BTCUSD 24h weighted average rate) for every outstanding bond. Interest for the weekly period will be paid out on a pro-rated basis.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:32:59 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2012, 09:52:21 PM by teek

Q & A

-----

Q: Who are you?

A: I am debating getting verified on GLBSE.  For now I can tell you, I am an advocate of Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Net Neutrality, Free Speech, and am of an extremely liberal mindset socially, but I am a capitalist at heart.  Might be a bit of a weird combination, but thats just me Cheesy   There are a handful of people on the forum who know me in real life, and there is another handful which I have had successfull transactions with.  I have never had a bad transaction.

Q: Why should we invest in you?

A: The Bitcoin community is growing pretty rapidly which we all want to see.  What is REALLY going to make Bitcoin grow is outside profits coming in, which is what I intend to do.  For starters, between all my ventures I have figured out I am paying nearly $2,000 per month in interest related costs and fees.  That's alot of BTC that could be coming back into the community.  I also hold a net worth of over 2000 BTC in the Bitcoin world and run a sizable mining operation.  I have a positive / somewhat significant net worth in the real world and a decent credit score.

Q: You don't want to disclose the investments you make / where the BTC goes, why not?

A: Mostly out of simplicity, there isn't anything to hide, but I am not an accountant, and my accountant isn't going to manage this for me.  I also do not want to compromise my own privacy or the privacy of others I do business with, I do not think it is worth it.  If you cannot deal with that, you probably shouldn't be buying this asset.

Q: If you are bringing profits into the Bitcoin economy, doesn't that mean you are using the BTC raised by converting some or all of it to fiat currency, thus risking your ability to re-pay should the value of Bitcoin go up against USD/EUR etc.  

A: Some of the BTC will be converted to fiat. However, I believe in BTC and hedge my portfolio from a holistic viewpoint with a mandate of increasing BTC holdings.  I hold a significant amount of BTC in reserve.
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:33:23 PM

reserved.
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 08:27:14 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 02:58:00 PM by teek

The IPO is May 10th at 9AM GLBSE Time.

I have issued 10,000 TEEK.A, and 2000 TEEK.B assets.

2000 TEEK.A are available for pre-sale at .9 BTC each.

500 TEEK.B are available for pre-sale at .9 BTC each.   These have all been sold!

PM me if interested.  Shares will be available on IPO day but not at crazy discounts like these!

teek
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 08:32:34 PM

TEEK.A pays out at rates worse than a 1 MH/s bond currently (1 bond = ~0.005 BTC/week) but with difficulty increases that might change of course. It'll still take some time until this becomes more profitable than mining bonds though...

TEEK.B sounds really interesting on the other hand.

Also gratulations on not offering the majority of bonds as "pre sale" for people who might just dump their shares once enough asks are there.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 10:16:09 PM

Best of luck with these funds.

Sub
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:22:26 AM

TEEK.B is an interest bearing loan or bond. The funds generated from this loan will be used to finance high risk business ventures. This loan is not guaranteed and is provided on a best effort basis.

Can you elaborate on this? What's to stop you telling us the venture fell through and walking away with the money?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:33:43 AM

Can you elaborate on this? What's to stop you telling us the venture fell through and walking away with the money?

I think my reputation is pretty good and I want to keep it that way.  If I did that, I wouldn't be very welcome in the community or on GLBSE i'd imagine.  In any case, the funds will not be tied to any one venture, so some pretty serious shit would have to happen for this scenario to become active.  In most cases it would probably make more sense for me to take the hit without saying anything, or just call the loan and take the hit and wind up. 

friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 02:35:31 AM

I noticed that there are three of your IPOs on their way in GLBSE. Besides TEEK.A and TEEK.B, I saw TEEK. Is it like PPT.x vs PPT? If so, could we invest in this one and share the return rates of not TEEK.x's, but yours? Thanks.

teek (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:17:47 AM

I noticed that there are three of your IPOs on their way in GLBSE. Besides TEEK.A and TEEK.B, I saw TEEK. Is it like PPT.x vs PPT? If so, could we invest in this one and share the return rates of not TEEK.x's, but yours? Thanks.

The TEEK asset will not be traded, at least not in the foreseeable future. 
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:45:07 AM

I think my reputation is pretty good and I want to keep it that way.  If I did that, I wouldn't be very welcome in the community or on GLBSE i'd imagine.  In any case, the funds will not be tied to any one venture, so some pretty serious shit would have to happen for this scenario to become active.  In most cases it would probably make more sense for me to take the hit without saying anything, or just call the loan and take the hit and wind up. 

Sorry, I didn't state that clearly. Rest assured I'm not by any means challenging your reputation.

It just seems to me that, because you are not revealing the nature of your investments, if you state that one or all crashed, the investors have no way to verify that whatever you invested in did actually collapse instead of you just fabricating a story. Chances are you wouldn't do that, and I'm not suggesting you would, but in general the concept of being able to walk away with the money without significantly damaging your reputation scares me.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 02:51:52 PM

Sorry, I didn't state that clearly. Rest assured I'm not by any means challenging your reputation.

It just seems to me that, because you are not revealing the nature of your investments, if you state that one or all crashed, the investors have no way to verify that whatever you invested in did actually collapse instead of you just fabricating a story. Chances are you wouldn't do that, and I'm not suggesting you would, but in general the concept of being able to walk away with the money without significantly damaging your reputation scares me.

I understand what your saying, but under the circumstances I think all I can say is no I wouldn't do that, but it is called high risk for a reason.  I mean even if I was lying, at these rates you could almost price it in.  Grin

All kidding aside, if I did have to claim a default, I would be making public the reasons why and I guess people would have to make up their own mind.  However, my word stands that this is offered truly on a best effort basis which means default is a last resort only to be used if things really go bad.
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 02:56:54 PM

The TEEK.B pre-sale shares at .9 have all been sold.  If you were one of the lucky ones that got them, congrats, they will be transferred to you as soon as they are released.

Unfortunately, I have had very little response on TEEK.A.  I want to shake things up a little on TEEK.A,  to encourage a couple longer term investors.  I will change the pre-sale price of TEEK.A to .9 BTC as well.

It is clear the demand for TEEK.B is pretty high, but there is only so many bonds I can sell with that kind of return, so those will have to be fairly limited.  If I were to offer another bond at .01 BTC per week, is there any interest? 

teek (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 02:54:19 PM

Bump!  1800 TEEK.A's left!  IPO day in 2 days!

teek (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:30:09 PM

A couple people have asked how many TEEK.B will be available on IPO day.  There will be 1500 TEEK.B released at 1 BTC each.  May 10th @ 9am GLBSE time.

The TEEK.A are slowly selling, get some at .9 before they're gone!

teek

teek (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 10:35:30 PM

Still have over 1500 TEEK.A on the pre-sale.  IPO tmrw morning for anyone looking for TEEK.B

Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

what time is the IPO today?
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:56:18 PM

what time is the IPO today?

Should be in 5 mins but the shares haven't shown up in my account yet..
teek (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:07:05 PM

having some technical difficulties here with glbse.  contacting Nefario to help, looks like he is online so I hope we should be good shortly.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:08:50 PM

keep us updated Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: