Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] TEEK Funds - crowdsourced loans / p2p economics. NEW: TEEK.USD  (Read 8527 times)
teek (OP)

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:10:30 PM

Happy Sunday!! Interest paid!!!   Could still use a bunch of TEEK.A funding, if any larger investors wish to step up feel free to pm me for your special deal.

teek

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teek (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:20:18 PM

Interest paid! 
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 08:20:56 PM

Good going!
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 01:36:44 PM

Hello Teek,

How are you coping with the increase in bitcoin price? Does it affect your profit?
thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 03:30:33 PM

did I understand you correctly that you will also invest in real life conventional stuff and not only in the bitcoin sector? I respect your decision to keep your investment strategy to yourself but could you give us a rough estimate of the % off your funds invested irl? I ask because there are few companies listed on glbse that are part of the "normal" economy so your fund would be more interesting for diversification reasons.
teek (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:32:07 PM

Interest paid!
teek (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:54:02 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 07:50:42 PM by teek

Hello Teek,

How are you coping with the increase in bitcoin price? Does it affect your profit?

Not being able to hedge due to the bitcoinica drama is more of a factor than the price itself.. not to mention the significant balance I have tied up there still due to that.

did I understand you correctly that you will also invest in real life conventional stuff and not only in the bitcoin sector? I respect your decision to keep your investment strategy to yourself but could you give us a rough estimate of the % off your funds invested irl? I ask because there are few companies listed on glbse that are part of the "normal" economy so your fund would be more interesting for diversification reasons.

Depends, if you want to look at "percentages to meatspace" right now I try to keep it pretty low because I don't want to take the chance on being short bitcoin at the moment. More importantly though, it's starting to get to the point where I am using bitcoin in real life all the time, facilitating trade without being converted to fiat.  A reliable way to hedge would change this though, it was pretty bad timing that I launched this asset and bitcoinica went down almost right away.

thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 07:42:26 PM

Depends, if you want to look at "percentages to meatspace" right now I try to keep it pretty low because I don't want to take the chance on being short bitcoin at the moment. More importantly though, it's starting to get to the point where I am using bitcoin in real life all the time, facilitating trade without being converted to fiat.  A reliable way to hedge would change this though, it was pretty bad timing that I launched this asset and bitcoinica went down almost right away.
thank you for answering quickly. I didn't mean capital tied up in real physical assets only, something like a digital brokerage account with classic "normal" stocks would also count. One of my perceived weakpoints of glbse is that if you look at it most stocks are preoccupied with the currency itself. I think that for long term growth it will be necessary that I can use my bitcoins to invest in stuff like real estate or pharmaceutical companies or the like and not just in the equivalent of the banking sector.
teek (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:35:14 PM

Interest paid! 

teek (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:18:42 PM

Interest paid!

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:58:09 AM

Interest paid!

Is the minimum liquidity clause of the contract still active?

A minimum liquidty level will be established. Each week, on the Sunday dividend day, a bid of 1 BTC per bond will be placed for a minimum of 5% of the outstanding bonds.

I ask, because there is a sell order at 1.0 BTC that's been there for a while, and the number of bonds for which dividends have been paid has remained constant for the last three weeks' payments.

teek (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:35:11 PM

Interest paid!

A minimum liquidty level will be established. Each week, on the Sunday dividend day, a bid of 1 BTC per bond will be placed for a minimum of 5% of the outstanding bonds.

I ask, because there is a sell order at 1.0 BTC that's been there for a while, and the number of bonds for which dividends have been paid has remained constant for the last three weeks' payments.

Hi Brendio - Yes its still active, assuming we are talking about TEEK.A my current ask of .95 does overlap it though, thus I have been filling anything lower than my current ask of .95 when I go to pay interest.

teek

brendio

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:52:38 AM

Interest paid!

Hi Brendio - Yes its still active, assuming we are talking about TEEK.A my current ask of .95 does overlap it though, thus I have been filling anything lower than my current ask of .95 when I go to pay interest.

teek

With all due respect, your contract states that you will place the bid order at 1 BTC. It does not say that this is effected by the fact that you are selling at 0.95 BTC.

teek (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:14:16 PM

Interest paid!

teek

With all due respect, your contract states that you will place the bid order at 1 BTC. It does not say that this is effected by the fact that you are selling at 0.95 BTC.

Fair enough, I guess I should have had some kind of other condition in there to avoid situations where I am buying for higher than I am selling.. I think an argument could be made that I don't necessarily have to buy them from the issuing account,  but I do not want to cause any problems.  To simplify things I have removed my ASK of .95 and bought the last 3 weeks worth of shares from the (now best) ASK of 1.0.  I hope you feel this is reasonable.

teek (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:17:27 PM

TEEK.A is available at a significant discount quantities of 100 bonds or more, please PM me or contact me on IRC as "teek" as I will be hanging around there now too.

teek

brendio

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:52:14 PM

I hope you feel this is reasonable.
Very reasonable. It would be good to see some more action in this bond so investors can more easily get in and out. In the absence of that, the liquidity mechanism helps.

teek (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:16:27 PM

I hope you feel this is reasonable.
Very reasonable. It would be good to see some more action in this bond so investors can more easily get in and out. In the absence of that, the liquidity mechanism helps.

Yeah, I would like to see some more action on this bond too..  I have tons of capacity right now on the TEEK.A side, could be doing a lot more..
teek (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:46:22 PM

Interest paid!
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:32:50 PM