Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin prices are always very unstable  (Read 10424 times)
Wanesst

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:21:24 AM

Nowadays a lot of btc users are traders and ASIC owners. They create the up and down waves. Price will be stable if shops, customers and other participants of market use more btc.

There is the forecast for btc exchange rate from Korea

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenieBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:31:12 PM

it is because a lot of selling going on bitcoin in Russia, this is because his existing laws that prohibit possession of bitcoin in Russia, it makes the holder bitcoin bitcoin in Russia to sell to the market, so stock bitcoin abundant in the market, and as a result of law if the stock market an abundance of goods, then the selling price of the item will be dropped ...  Cry

But the price is going UP

Russians selling all their BTC should be pushing the price DOWN.

Maybe Russians are selling because they are making their own.
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:23:18 PM

BTC become more stable now at $350 and will always be the daddy coin, but IMO LTC does have more profit potential, like right now LTC to $12 is not going to be as hard as BTC going to $1000 again

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:53:26 PM

Bitcoin price is always so strange, two days ago also once close to $390, Paypal a message about Paypal  made the price get up to $460, Then slowly decline. This lets the human mind is always anxious ah, buy or sell it ?Next, the price is up is down?No one can give correct answers.

The rally is real on good news, but there are still more miners selling than speculators buying.

A few years ago, mining were spread out over many small fish when people believe in the technology and horde all the coins they mined. This is no longer the case when ASIC came out and cooperation get involved.

In other words the price will keep falling at a faster rate as more and more cooperations get involved
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:42:02 AM

Because of the poor liquidity... Even moderate orders can move the price up or down big time.

Gonna have to go with this response IMHO

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:40:42 AM

Because of the poor liquidity... Even moderate orders can move the price up or down big time.
The correct response.  Anyone with an inkling of how capital markets work will realise liquidity in Bitcoin is a serious issue.  We only just got our very first regulated derivative FFS.  We have a long way to go but ultimately liquidity will bring price stability.
BJay87

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

I have to agree with this.. I think you have more to say than others here.

fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

BTC become more stable now at $350 and will always be the daddy coin, but IMO LTC does have more profit potential, like right now LTC to $12 is not going to be as hard as BTC going to $1000 again

Lmfao this comment is hilarious... Lite coin is crashing & burning atm, soon LTC will be a thing of the past! It has no future!!
Coincoin1991

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:32:19 PM

I think about this question for quite a long time. The main reason I think is because it is only used for speculation. We need more real world applications to make it more stable.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:10:37 PM

I think about this question for quite a long time. The main reason I think is because it is only used for speculation. We need more real world applications to make it more stable.

Great so we're all gambling on a digital currency with no use yet... great.
calchuchesta

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:25:26 PM

At this point in bitcoins life, people are treating it more as a stock... people are buying into bitcoin and waiting for it to go up...Any little ups or downs cause a rush to sell or buy as if there was bad news with a tech company's product or third quarter earnings... As long as bitcoin is treated this way... we will have these price swings.

More people need to treat bitcoin as if it were gold or silver.... hoard it away for 5+ years .... and then see what the price is... there needs to be a few more reward halving for to be realized just how rare bitcoin really is.... Then and only then can bitcoin be used as a stable means of trade....

Next ... Bitcoin must not be traded into and out of fiat currency.....

100 years ago...you could buy a fine 3 piece suit for a 1oz .gold coin.. And at today's prices... you can buy a fine 3 piece suit for that same gold coin...... this is only a reference at the gold or the suit didn't change any in 100 years.... it was the fiat currency value that changed.....

Buy and hold bitcoin for long term investment .. and price doesn't matter.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

At this point in bitcoins life, people are treating it more as a stock... people are buying into bitcoin and waiting for it to go up...Any little ups or downs cause a rush to sell or buy as if there was bad news with a tech company's product or third quarter earnings... As long as bitcoin is treated this way... we will have these price swings.

More people need to treat bitcoin as if it were gold or silver.... hoard it away for 5+ years .... and then see what the price is... there needs to be a few more reward halving for to be realized just how rare bitcoin really is.... Then and only then can bitcoin be used as a stable means of trade....

Next ... Bitcoin must not be traded into and out of fiat currency.....

100 years ago...you could buy a fine 3 piece suit for a 1oz .gold coin.. And at today's prices... you can buy a fine 3 piece suit for that same gold coin...... this is only a reference at the gold or the suit didn't change any in 100 years.... it was the fiat currency value that changed.....

Buy and hold bitcoin for long term investment .. and price doesn't matter.

A lot of the early adopters have hoards of bitcoin. They have been holding for a long time now. I guess it will be some time before others think that way as well.
Zoznoz

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:06:14 AM

I could be completely wrong but from observation, it seemed as though BTC/USD increased to $1,000 each last year because most of the speculators (particularly the newest speculators) hoped that people would develop more and greater services which would be centred around bitcoin. Which has happened but not quick enough then most had hoped and this is completely due to Government intervention, particularly China who is trying to eliminate it completely and the US Government would love to do the same thing but instead they will keep crippling the unregulated financial services offered in bitcoin. Now, I might be wrong but I believe that the fact that these asset exchanges and lack of banking services is a major contributor to why the price isn't higher than it is now. If everyone believed they could get huge returns quite easily using bitcoin then of course the price would be back to where it was beforehand. If people were so scared about the volatility then they would just hedge.
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:51:57 PM

Lmfao this comment is hilarious... Lite coin is crashing & burning atm, soon LTC will be a thing of the past! It has no future!!
In terms of bitcoin, the price of litecoin has been declining for some time now. The price of LTC and other major altcoins have been declining all year. The reason for this is because they have no underlying value.

The price of bitcoin has been unstable throughout it's life because it is very illiquid when compared to other investments and other currencies. If you look at the dollar value of the volume of shares traded in most major stocks, and compare that to the volume of bitcoin traded, you will see that the volume of bitcoin traded is significantly less

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

novacn

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:58:54 PM

It's not a bad thing. Unstable means opportunity and opportunity means money you can make  Cool  Grin Grin

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:16:13 AM

I could be completely wrong but from observation, it seemed as though BTC/USD increased to $1,000 each last year because most of the speculators (particularly the newest speculators) hoped that people would develop more and greater services which would be centred around bitcoin. Which has happened but not quick enough then most had hoped and this is completely due to Government intervention, particularly China who is trying to eliminate it completely and the US Government would love to do the same thing but instead they will keep crippling the unregulated financial services offered in bitcoin. Now, I might be wrong but I believe that the fact that these asset exchanges and lack of banking services is a major contributor to why the price isn't higher than it is now. If everyone believed they could get huge returns quite easily using bitcoin then of course the price would be back to where it was beforehand. If people were so scared about the volatility then they would just hedge.

The increase in price last year was due to market manipulation by bots. Smiley

BTCmoons

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:08:30 AM

The bots were purchasing on behalf of speculators with a lot of money. It is not a conspiracy.

Zoznoz is likely correct to say that speculators were trying to profit from quick and massive bitcoin adoption but the chinese government was able to stem this in their country. I would anticipate them easing off these bans/regulations over the long term as they become more of a free market economy
xinxi

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:21:31 AM

The bots were purchasing on behalf of speculators with a lot of money. It is not a conspiracy.

Zoznoz is likely correct to say that speculators were trying to profit from quick and massive bitcoin adoption but the chinese government was able to stem this in their country. I would anticipate them easing off these bans/regulations over the long term as they become more of a free market economy

Is there any evidence on the use of bots?
xinxi

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:43:23 AM

To me, that does not lead to the conclusion directly.  Wink
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:20:44 AM

Is there any evidence on the use of bots?

It was covered widely in the media.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/may/29/bitcoin-bots-bought-millions-in-the-last-days-of-mt-gox

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: