Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find an anarchy?  (Read 2785 times)
fergalish

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:41:53 AM

LOL. I hope some libertarian goes to Somalia, and makes documentary about how great the somalian society is.
We should organise a reward for any libertarian on the forum (with many pro-libertarian posts) who is willing to travel to Somalia, provably live like a peasant in the city for 12 months, documenting their lives as they go with photos etc, then come back and tell us if it was great or not.  I'd offer $100 for that.

Secondly, the article talks about, for example, how great telecomms is in Somalia - 9 networks offering services from texting to mobile internet.  I wonder how easy it would be for a new small operator to break into that market - would the existing operators welcome the new competition?  Or would the new operator find his telecomms masts sabotaged?  Or high pricing for rental space on existing masts?  Or maybe his staff threatened?  No law = mafia-esque regulation of the market.  Now don't go telling me the current (western) situation is not much better (e.g. oil, telecomms, agri, industries lobbying to legally protect their market share).  I know.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:13:01 PM

Everybody loves anarchy until I shoot them in the gut, leave them for dead and take their wife as a slave. Then they are all like "Help! Police!".

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:58:54 PM

Everybody loves anarchy until I shoot them in the gut, leave them for dead and take their wife as a slave. Then they are all like "Help! Police!".
Because there are no law enforcement agencies in a stateless society!
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:22:32 PM

Because there are no law enforcement agencies in a stateless society!

Correct.  There is no law so no law enforcement.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:24:43 PM

There is no law
This is where I stopped reading
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:32:13 PM

There is no law
This is where I stopped reading

Good.  You have now answered your own question about whether law enforcement officers are needed in an anarchy. 

Tomorrow we will get on to more advanced topics like what religion is the Pope and what is that bear doing in the woods.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:37:32 PM

You can't - humans always gang up and appoint leaders.  There never had been nor will there every be a society without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority.

If that is your reason not to support freedom, then I can only conclude you must support murder. After all, there never had been nor will there ever be a society without murders.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:39:41 PM

You can't - humans always gang up and appoint leaders.  There never had been nor will there every be a society without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority.

If that is your reason not to support freedom, then I can only conclude you must support murder. After all, there never had been nor will there ever be a society without murders.

I support freedom.  Anarchy is not freedom - its a prelude to slavery.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:15:22 PM

I support freedom.  Anarchy is not freedom - its a prelude to slavery.

It's a prelude to slavery or organized government, possibly taking the route of slavery first. Either way, it either doesn't remain pleasant, or it becomes governed.
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:35:28 AM

You wont find it in real live, as humans tend to fail. Fail to follow a great plan whilst they see a chance to gather some jewels on their own behalf.
On the other hand, how would you communicate or interact with other people in an anarchy? Communication without rules is pointless.

p.s.
Maybe we should tell Anomie and Anarchy apart.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: