Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion shitlist  (Read 4959 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

That was one crazy guy, in any large group there will always be some.  There is no atheist doctrine telling us to hate certain people or try to convert others, but rather a very broad spectrum of people that simply lack the belief in a diety.

In the strict dictionary meaning of "science," you may be correct. Proof has to do with what people think. For example. People haven't been able to find proof for evolution. In fact, all that they have been able to do is find strong evidence that evolution shouldn't even be considered a theory. So, the thing that they have done is to change the meaning of "science" informally if not dictionary-wise.

How much evidence does it take that the proven laws of entropy are correct? In the minds of evolutionists, they keep on seeking evidence for some little thing that might prove entropy incorrect. So, what really is proof?

Smiley
Yes they have

Wrong!

1. We see entropy all around. It is readily identifiable. It is a law of nature.
2. We don't see anything that could kick the universe into the high heights of advancement that are all around us.
3. Man is extremely intelligent and advanced (compared with, say, a microbe), and life and the universe as we see it are marvelous in their actions and activity, even though everything is slowing down due to entropy.
4. If the universe is billions of years old, and entropy has been going on all this long while ('cause we don't see anything other than entropy), just think how great everything must have been even only 1 billion years ago!!!

Entropy is causing everything to decline. Just think of the heights we must have fallen from if we have been declining for billions of years. And we must be declining. Why? Because we don't see anything that could have caused any advancement in all that time. It just doesn't exist. Evolution is all guesswork. Entropy is so widespread that evolution is as though it were nothing, or less than nothing.

So, since we have been declining due to entropy for all these billions of years, why haven't we left ourselves any clear records form the past? You know, the past of, say, a million years ago when we were advanced way higher than we are now, because entropy didn't have time to do its work way back then, yet, as much as it has done now?

Evolution is something that has to be searched for. You can't tell that it is there just by looking. Yet anybody and everybody who thinks about it and looks around, can see entropy. Evolution is a homemade interpretation of things that can be interpreted many other ways as well.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:40:06 PM

That was one crazy guy, in any large group there will always be some.  There is no atheist doctrine telling us to hate certain people or try to convert others, but rather a very broad spectrum of people that simply lack the belief in a diety.

In the strict dictionary meaning of "science," you may be correct. Proof has to do with what people think. For example. People haven't been able to find proof for evolution. In fact, all that they have been able to do is find strong evidence that evolution shouldn't even be considered a theory. So, the thing that they have done is to change the meaning of "science" informally if not dictionary-wise.

How much evidence does it take that the proven laws of entropy are correct? In the minds of evolutionists, they keep on seeking evidence for some little thing that might prove entropy incorrect. So, what really is proof?

Smiley
Yes they have

Wrong!

1. We see entropy all around. It is readily identifiable. It is a law of nature.
2. We don't see anything that could kick the universe into the high heights of advancement that are all around us.
3. Man is extremely intelligent and advanced (compared with, say, a microbe), and life and the universe as we see it are marvelous in their actions and activity, even though everything is slowing down due to entropy.
4. If the universe is billions of years old, and entropy has been going on all this long while ('cause we don't see anything other than entropy), just think how great everything must have been even only 1 billion years ago!!!

Entropy is causing everything to decline. Just think of the heights we must have fallen from if we have been declining for billions of years. And we must be declining. Why? Because we don't see anything that could have caused any advancement in all that time. It just doesn't exist. Evolution is all guesswork. Entropy is so widespread that evolution is as though it were nothing, or less than nothing.

So, since we have been declining due to entropy for all these billions of years, why haven't we left ourselves any clear records form the past? You know, the past of, say, a million years ago when we were advanced way higher than we are now, because entropy didn't have time to do its work way back then, yet, as much as it has done now?

Evolution is something that has to be searched for. You can't tell that it is there just by looking. Yet anybody and everybody who thinks about it and looks around, can see entropy. Evolution is a homemade interpretation of things that can be interpreted many other ways as well.

Smiley
Ah, the second law of thermodynamics argument, which has been debunked

RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:26:36 PM

Genital mutilation: Islam and Judaism.

Catholic Church: Antisemitism for ~2000 years.

Buddhism: Karma, if your people gets slaughtered it's because they deserved it.
By genital mutilation you mean circumcision because if so its being scientifically researched that it might reduce chance of cancer. also why do people have to be such dickheads about religion because if you really believed in free speech then you wouldn't be attacking people for saying they believe in a god  or saying bless you when you sneeze.

you will find out that the biggest fascists are liberals

they will never allow someone to think differently

because their belief is the right belief

btw #7 Atheisim

-violence
-convert or else
-theism discrimination
-godphobia
-violence towards Christians

I'm an Agnostic, but I do hate Atheists

Let people believe what they want
-I don't see any cases of Atheists blowing up abortion clinics or beating people up for their sexual orientation.  The lack of a belief in a god doesn't make us more violent.

-We don't threaten to burn you in a eternal fire if you don't convert to atheism like some religions.  People on the more anti-theistic side may try to talk people out of believing, but that's about it.

-Wait, what?  Since when do we discriminate against people that believe in a god?

-You can't fear what doesn't exist

-The lack of a belief in a god does not cause you to be violent towards somebody that does.

I have been personally called out as dumb for believing in a god. Most atheist I have meet have a superiority complex to believers thinking were retards. Not saying you are but most atheist are assholes in my opinion due to there ignorance in thinking this way.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

So what? Did they put a knife to your throat or point a gun at your head?
Theists call us all sort of things, and some actually want us killed.

And yes, we see theists in the same way you see a kid who still believes in Santa. But that's just because that's how they actually look.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:38:24 PM

By genital mutilation you mean circumcision because if so its being scientifically researched that it might reduce chance of cancer. also why do people have to be such dickheads about religion because if you really believed in free speech then you wouldn't be attacking people for saying they believe in a god  or saying bless you when you sneeze.

btw #7 Atheisim

-violence
-convert or else
-theism discrimination
-godphobia

-I don't see any cases of Atheists blowing up abortion clinics or beating people up for their sexual orientation.  The lack of a belief in a god doesn't make us more violent.

-We don't threaten to burn you in a eternal fire if you don't convert to atheism like some religions.  People on the more anti-theistic side may try to talk people out of believing, but that's about it.

-Wait, what?  Since when do we discriminate against people that believe in a god?

-The lack of a belief in a god does not cause you to be violent towards somebody that does.

I have been personally called out as dumb for believing in a god. Most atheist I have meet have a superiority complex to believers thinking were retards. Not saying you are but most atheist are assholes in my opinion due to there ignorance in thinking this way.

The debunking of which includes all kinds of twisted logic that can be applied in ways exactly the opposite for debunking. We still see entropy all around us.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:38:33 AM

btw #7 Atheisim

-violence
-convert or else
-theism discrimination
-godphobia

The debunking of which includes all kinds of twisted logic that can be applied in ways exactly the opposite for debunking. We still see entropy all around us.

Smiley
In what ways does science debunk evolution and support intelligent design?  Keep in mind that  the second law of thermodynamics (entropy) does not disprove evolution, and the burden of proof is on you for there being a god.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:55:08 AM

NEITHER various types of theism (Catholic, Muslim, etc), or atheism (Communist Russia, China, North Korea, etc) seem to do very well when codified into the laws of a country and pushed on the population.

I say let each man or woman pick what beliefs seem to suit them best.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:04:36 AM

In what ways does science debunk evolution and support intelligent design?  Keep in mind that  the second law of thermodynamics (entropy) does not disprove evolution, and the burden of proof is on you for there being a god.

Minor issue, there exists an error in the construction of the argument.  Neither evolution or intelligent design proves or disproves a god.

Intelligent design could simply be super smart aliens playing with their toys.  Gamers.

ID does not prove or even buttress the argument for a god.  I understand why believers hold that it does.  They seek proof of words such as "God created (man, woman...).  Then confronted with evolution created man, they devise ID.  The logical fallacy is in believing that ID means "God created..."

ID actually means (set of possible creators and gamers) created (man, woman...)

This cannot be disproven by believers in ID who in fact are creationist religious people.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:23:32 AM

In what ways does science debunk evolution and support intelligent design?  Keep in mind that  the second law of thermodynamics (entropy) does not disprove evolution, and the burden of proof is on you for there being a god.

Minor issue, there exists an error in the construction of the argument.  Neither evolution or intelligent design proves or disproves a god.

Intelligent design could simply be super smart aliens playing with their toys.  Gamers.

ID does not prove or even buttress the argument for a god.  I understand why believers hold that it does.  They seek proof of words such as "God created (man, woman...).  Then confronted with evolution created man, they devise ID.  The logical fallacy is in believing that ID means "God created..."

This cannot be disproven by believers in ID who in fact are creationist religious people.
True, I was addressing the belief of a god creating us vs evolution, should have phrased my question better.

nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:58:32 AM

Atheism has a doctrine. They don't think anyone else should be able to have a doctrine.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:02:55 AM

Atheism has a doctrine. They don't think anyone else should be able to have a doctrine.
Incorrect, atheism is simply the lack of a belief in a god, there is no book of atheism that says there can be no religion.  The majority of them have no problem with it as long as it does not affect their lives.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:10:10 AM

Incorrect, atheism is simply the lack of a belief in a god, there is no book of atheism that says there can be no religion.  The majority of them have no problem with it as long as it does not affect their lives.

Atheism exists only as a definition of an abstract idea. So-called atheists have simply deluded themselves into thinking that there is no God. There aren't any atheists.

Smiley

cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:42:43 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 05:56:45 AM by cooldgamer

Atheism exists only as a definition of an abstract idea. So-called atheists have simply deluded themselves into thinking that there is no God.  There aren't any atheists.

Smiley
Where is the evidence that there is a god?  We simply draw conclusions based on the information we have available.  I find it much harder to believe that we were all zapped into existence in 7 days, mankind was doomed to a whole bunch of bad stuff because the first 2 people ate a piece of fruit that god told them not to, yet put right in their reach, a Jewish guy he sent down was killed and came back from the dead after 3 days to save people from bad things they've done/will do because god couldn't just clean the slate, and everything that he wants us to know was told through a whole bunch of ancient tribesmen that wrote it down and passed the books down for thousands of years.

e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:36:19 AM

Is there any more evidence for the existance of god than there is for the existance of the tooth fairy?

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Whether you like it or not, religion is essential to the human ecosystem. Religion complements science. Science is precise but restrictive while religion is baseless but allows for more possibilities. Religion stems from imagination which enables creativity, science is rooted in hard facts obtained from observation which acts as an anchor to this reality.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:27:15 PM

Whether you like it or not, religion is essential to the human ecosystem. Religion complements science. Science is precise but restrictive while religion is baseless but allows for more possibilities. Religion stems from imagination which enables creativity, science is rooted in hard facts obtained from observation which acts as an anchor to this reality.

So does arts, so do philosophy.
Religion is philosophy shortcut for philosophers without character. A philosopher likes to see their ideas put to work, but people doesn't accept orders from their equals easy, so some came up with making their ideas as "from God".

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:05:50 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 02:32:29 PM by ObscureBean

So does arts, so do philosophy.
Religion is philosophy shortcut for philosophers without character. A philosopher likes to see their ideas put to work, but people doesn't accept orders from their equals easy, so some came up with making their ideas as "from God".

The world needs to be in control of the people. 'No man is an island', no man can exist within society without being part of it. Philosophy stems from personal reflections on the outside world and is less easily digested by society. Religion and science are far more easily controllable and bind vast numbers of people together. By comparison, philosophy will maybe manage to unite a handful of believers. Science and religion have always been the two dominant forces in the world.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:16:18 PM

But in the end they are the same. The only difference is the philosopher claiming to had the ideas or put a puppet God and start a ventriloquism show.
The problem is, in religion, we are talking about philosophers with severe mental issues, Muhammad for an instance, if alive today, would be medicated or interned for schizophrenia, making the world to look crazy.

Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism are good examples of people united around philosophy.

Just for the fun on how ridiculous the Jew-based theists are, they believe in this "Almighty" God:

Judges 1:19

Now the LORD was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots.

Oh boy! It looks like iron works as kryptonite for God!  Grin Grin Grin

|

|
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:46:08 PM

This is a prime example of a shitstorm Cheesy

Looking for a signature campaign.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:12:16 AM

In what ways does science debunk evolution and support intelligent design?  Keep in mind that  the second law of thermodynamics (entropy) does not disprove evolution, and the burden of proof is on you for there being a god.

Minor issue, there exists an error in the construction of the argument.  Neither evolution or intelligent design proves or disproves a god.

Intelligent design could simply be super smart aliens playing with their toys.  Gamers.

ID does not prove or even buttress the argument for a god.  I understand why believers hold that it does.  They seek proof of words such as "God created (man, woman...).  Then confronted with evolution created man, they devise ID.  The logical fallacy is in believing that ID means "God created..."

True, I was addressing the belief of a god creating us vs evolution, should have phrased my question better.

It's not specifically an error you made.  It is a fundamental error in the "controversy".  BOTH atheists and religious people are actually arguing an incorrectly formulated proposition.

Behind this is the actual question:  Is the universe rich and abundant in intelligence and consciousness, or is in poor in these quantities?  At one far end of this spectrum of possibilities is the theory that in the entire universe, there exists only God, and humans and life on Earth he created.   I certainly reject this theory as anthropomorphically centered and ridiculous.

IF on the contrary the universe is rich in intelligence and consciousness then a range of possibilities exist, from a God which created them all to a a diverse group of levels from something similar to us, to something we might consider weakly godlike, to things we cannot conceive of.  This seems the most likely actual reality. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: