Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ Digitalcoin(DGC) Discussion & Info thread - Organic Growth since May 2013! ★  (Read 9638 times)
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:29:20 AM

Kenel and I are meeting with Ahmed today/tomorrow in Las Vegas and we'll update folks within the next few days. We also plan on meeting with some other folks to discuss mining and hardware. Hashers United should be a great venue for crypto enthusiasts. We met tonight and had a few beers, and we hope to have a very productive next couple days.

TT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cosmoo (OP)

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:25:25 PM

Kenel and I are meeting with Ahmed today/tomorrow in Las Vegas and we'll update folks within the next few days. We also plan on meeting with some other folks to discuss mining and hardware. Hashers United should be a great venue for crypto enthusiasts. We met tonight and had a few beers, and we hope to have a very productive next couple days.

TT

Thanks for the update. Take lotsa pictures for us, it'd be great to see what's going on  Smiley
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 07:11:50 PM

TT

Thanks for the update. Take lotsa pictures for us, it'd be great to see what's going on  Smiley

I don't think I will take pictures.  I'm sitting in a seminar at the moment, but I talked to Marshall earlier and he said all presentations would be available after the show. Also, there are professional photographers here, so should be lots to see very shortly.

Really cool to be here, and one of the most interesting things so far is that Genesis Mining just announced that they will be offering a cloud hash solution where you can switch your hash between SHA256, Scrypt, and X11. Also, you can apply percentages of hashrate across all three. Eventually this will be automated so that hashrate can be switched across the three algorithms based on certain triggers.

More later.

TT
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 01:06:07 AM

I did end up taking some photos after all.  There is a nice thread about our trip on the Digitalcoin forum.

http://forum.digitalcoin.co/threads/1559-Hashers-United-2014-Las-Vegas

TT
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:25:41 AM

Cheers. Nice to see some of our DGCF members attend the Hashers United Conference. Thanks for the info and photos TT! Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

Cheers. Nice to see some of our DGCF members attend the Hashers United Conference. Thanks for the info and photos TT! Cheesy

Fun times, thanks to Final Hash for organizing the conference!
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

bump
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:03:26 AM

the bump delete bump delete bump by cosmoo is a lame way of trying to stay on page1.  How about releasing some of that 'coming soon' info instead.
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:27:48 AM

the bump delete bump delete bump by cosmoo is a lame way of trying to stay on page1.  How about releasing some of that 'coming soon' info instead.

i'm sorry but life is this mundane.

devs are still working on getting a testnet setup. this is volunteer work, not compensated, it'll be ready when they've had enough time to provide a full release. maybe you can bug them in IRC.
Hilux74
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:14:46 AM

i'm sorry but life is this mundane.

devs are still working on getting a testnet setup. this is volunteer work, not compensated, it'll be ready when they've had enough time to provide a full release. maybe you can bug them in IRC.

Yeah it can be mundane I'll give you that.

Do you know if the foundation has any updates or promotion planned for SRC as well, or just DGC?
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:12:56 PM

The Foundation is concentrating on Digitalcoin at the moment, but Argentum and Securecoin are both on the radar. In fact, the Digitalcoin Foundation official mining pool,  poolerrangers.com, is being migrated to a new domain, and will support mining only for DGC, SRC, and ARG.

Most aspects of the V3.0 release have been decided, and much of the work has been done.

An updated QT wallet has been released by xawksow into private beta.

We are constructing a poll to get opinions on block rewards for Digitalcoin. Once the language is decided, we will post publicly to get feedback on multiple forums.

Finally, we are considering a new type of merge mining, and Ahmed is looking at the feasibility. The concept is simple, and a variation of the multi-vPoW standard, but would allow merge mining only by certain coins, not any coin. This is a very interesting concept, and acceptable to the Foundation because it does not put Digitalcoin at the mercy of other coins when it comes to future upgrades.

To the best of my knowledge, selective merge mining has not been done, and Digitalcoin would be the first to implement such a strategy. In preparation for this, we are considering what coins will be authorized to merge mine Digitalcoin, and would love to hear opinions.

TT
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:49:14 AM

badabump  Cheesy
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 11:18:31 AM

Cosmoo, do you have any opinions on the merge mining proposition I described in my previous post?

TT
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

My only concern is having a stable hashrate that can withstand your average mining farm. Most PoW coins could easily be compromised, which guarantees they'll never be taken seriously. Merging with BTC/LTC is the most failsafe solution, though we would essentially be forfeiting domain over DGC to people who have no particular interest in it. We should have at least 20gh/s imo, if that can be achieved through merging with coins like Myriad then I'm happy.

Frankly I think implementing an overall turn to proof-of-stake is a good idea, looking at all these pure pos instamined coins it seems to work well enough.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:30:42 AM

Looking forward to some opinions on the Digitalcoin block rewards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835931.0

TT
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:16:42 PM

Tsquared, I thought it was agreed we'd reduce supply by %66? Or did I miss a meeting?
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:06:56 AM

You missed something Smiley
Hilux74
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

bump
Digitalcoin is as alive and vibrant as Tennebrix its looking like.
cosmoo (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:34:16 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 05:45:01 PM by cosmoo

bump
Digitalcoin is as alive and vibrant as Tennebrix its looking like.

if i hadn't made the thread you wouldn't have anything to criticize Smiley vote on our reward scheme in Tsquared's thread, or give your opinion on multi-algo or anything else.
Hilux74
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

bump
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: