Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine new Bitcoin  (Read 1616 times)
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:52:03 PM

I wonder why the bitcoin community does not evolve Bitcoin. I'm talking about major changes :

• Reducing volatility
  • Why is it still impossible for me to pay with bitcoin in 99,99% of supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations
  • Make concessions to meet certain laws

Bitcoin is magnificent creation, but il must evolve and make concessions to reach a wider community.

The volatility of bitcoin has nothing to do with the protocol. It has to do with the market which is very separate from the code.

Bitcoin is not accepted at places like supermarkets because it is still very new and more places are accepting bitcoin every day.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
manu92 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

Maybe my suggestions and ideas are not good, but do you think that bitcoin is currently perfect and don't need to evolve ?

I don't understand your question.

The reference code is currently version 0.9.3.  Clearly bitcoin IS evolving.  It is different than it was last year, and it is even more different than it was the year before that.  New versions of the code continue to come out.

I'm talking about high level evolution : I feel no change as an end user when the code version evolves from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3

As for anything else (such as merchant adoption), you are the "bitcoin community".  If you are asking what the "bitcoin community" is doing about convincing more merchants to accept bitcoin, then you are asking what YOU are doing about convincing more merchants to accept bitcoin.  I can not answer that for you, because you have not yet told me what you are doing.  Why would you ask me what you are doing?

It is true that for the moment I do not do big things for the bitcoin apart speculating and mining. I also try to talk to my friends about Bitcoin : Some of them tell me that they can't afford to accept a currency that can make -25%  in one month, that is risky for their business and that they prefer to wait for the moment.  I do not know how to answer to this issue because I'd do the same if I were them.

Honestly, I suspect you are just trolling.  I really should know better than to feed the trolls around here.  It just attracts more of them.

I am very down to earth in my thoughts but I am sincere and I really hope that the bitcoin will succeed
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:59:44 PM

Maybe my suggestions and ideas are not good, but do you think that bitcoin is currently perfect and don't need to evolve ?
I don't understand your question.

The reference code is currently version 0.9.3.  Clearly bitcoin IS evolving.  It is different than it was last year, and it is even more different than it was the year before that.  New versions of the code continue to come out.

I'm talking about high level evolution : I feel no change as an end user when the code version evolves from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3

Evolution is a slow process.

Do you feel any change as an end user when the code version evolves from 0.3.1 to 0.9.3?  If you say no, then you are either lying or not paying attention.

As for anything else (such as merchant adoption), you are the "bitcoin community".  If you are asking what the "bitcoin community" is doing about convincing more merchants to accept bitcoin, then you are asking what YOU are doing about convincing more merchants to accept bitcoin.  I can not answer that for you, because you have not yet told me what you are doing.  Why would you ask me what you are doing?
It is true that for the moment I do not do big things for the bitcoin apart speculating and mining. I also try to talk to my friends about Bitcoin : Some of them tell me that they can't afford to accept a currency that can make -25%  in one month, that is risky for their business and that they prefer to wait for the moment.  I do not know how to answer to this issue because I'd do the same if I were them.

Tell them not to hold the currency for a month if they are concerned about the monthly volatility.  They can accept bitcoin as payment for a product or service and immediately convert it to their inferior local fiat currency so that it can slowly lose value to inflation if they prefer.
manu92 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

I totally agree with you on both points  Wink
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:13:09 PM

I wonder why the bitcoin community does not evolve Bitcoin.

because altcoin try this ... and they ALL FAIL.

Altcoin like Lite and Doge is alive and well...

Yep, and example DOGE is still very strong. Look at volume on exchanges.

doge is strong.  that's like \saying cat is strong.  don't you realize how retarded u look

i am here.
dennisn

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:22:15 PM

No, I think it's far from perfect. I think the database should be distributed into some kind of DHT structure, and I think anonymity should be far stronger, and the default. (Ie. diametrically opposite to your third desire.) I guess I agree with your first two points, but have no good ideas on how to achieve them. (I certainly would not sacrifice my principles simply to get 99% adoption among merchants.)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:29:14 PM

I agree that the only thing "wrong" with Bitcoin is that it does not enforce more privacy in the protocol by discouraging or outright disallowing address reuse.  Stealth address use, coinjoin mixing, and the use of deterministic keypair generation protocols for periodic payments should be the norm and it would be really nice if that was enforced in the protocol.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: