Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM code is now officially an open source effort.  (Read 7727 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 04:07:48 AM

I am prepared to purchase and install these machines as soon as someone can iron out the code.  I lack the ability to do that part myself, but will make every effort to bring these to the masses once they are fully functional.  

Eric, can you provide some details on how you will deploy these machines?  I wrote the binaries that Todd posted on Github.

Odd, it appeared from this post and the one above it, that you were interested.
What are you really upset about? I have given you and Eric an opportunity to sell your services and recover the investment of your time with no strings attached.
In our entire relationship you articulated only two requests.
The first was about a week after coding began. That I stop asking questions about your code (which of course I did not see or get). You said "the way I see our relationship is you take care of the business side of things and I will take care of the technical (or programming)".
I failed to convey to you what another critic incorrectly said of me "he turns it on like a video game". And another business principle called 'ownership' vrs 'the agency problem'. Money was involved here, Jim. Lots of my money, future investor money and if things should go wrong jail for the CEO (ME!). How ironic that you sent me the following letter the day after Tom Williams of MyBitcoin.com stole from me 1000btc (NO, I DID NOT GET MY 40% BACK).
Jim, I tried to pay you from the beginning but you repeatedly refused. I tried desperately to purchase your source code right up to the day of the Consumer Electronics Show.

Here is your letter:

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:22 PM
To: Todd Bethell
Subject: Proposal
Categories: bitcoin

Todd,
As you may already know I've always said that equity is not as important to me as the
success of bitcoin. Yes, I admit that I would like to have equity in Bitcoin ATM, but
what I would like to have more is for bitcoin to succeed. If bitcoin succeeds then the
value of bitcoin goes up, all bitcoin owners win, and liberty wins.
So I have a proposal that you may or may not like. I am willing to have 0% equity in
the company in exchange for your blessing to make the bitcoin software open source at
the time of company inception. Why? If the software is open source and the plans are
released online then anyone will be able to build their own ATM. The software will also
be more secure and there will be plenty of programmers working on it. More
importantly, bitcoin has a greater probability of expanding faster.
Bitcoin ATM will have competitors eventually anyway, and for me to see Bitcoin succeed
quickly is worth more than any Bitcoin ATM company. And don't forget that the value
of bitcoin may go up and up and that liberty will prevail. Please give my idea some
serious thought.
Jim

As Jonathan said up above "let the old stuff go"

The ball is in your court but I am not your opponent.

Todd

Am I missing something? I don't see anyone making any personal references to anything aside from you. Why the diatribe and further release of people's private information?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 04:24:30 AM

Am I missing something? I don't see anyone making any personal references to anything aside from you. Why the diatribe and further release of people's private information?
He sounds like a pseudo-businessman that doesn't know jack shit about "this internet thingy", and doesn't feel the need to keep other persons' private contact information private.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: