Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:35:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bold: Bitstamp Hack speculation  (Read 2064 times)
fairlay

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:52:52 AM

If you have reliable information when or if at all Bitstmap will return and withdrawals will be possible you can directly earn money on our prediction market: https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/bad-news/

If not you can at least have a look what people are thinking how are willing to put money on it.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:56:24 AM

Guys, am I the only one thinking this event and the latest price fall are all subtly linked together? We've been there before. IMO, Bitstamp team has something to do with this "hack" thing. Smiley

Wouldn't it make more sense that the hacker started to dump coins? He maybe just wanted to get rid of them and fill his pockets...

Apparently all the stolen coins are still in this address.

https://blockchain.info/address/1L2JsXHPMYuAa9ugvHGLwkdstCPUDemNCf

It's had no withdrawals from it yet.

Is it possible to have the wallet.dat and yet have no access to the coins? Why haven't they been tumbled yet?

It beats me. Maybe the hacker is too worried about getting busted to move the coins.

We should send a bitmessage to the hacker and ask him

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:00:23 AM

Lol and a huge dump have happened it seems the hacked btc was turned into fiat.

so whats next after Bitstamp..
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:02:08 AM

Guys, am I the only one thinking this event and the latest price fall are all subtly linked together? We've been there before. IMO, Bitstamp team has something to do with this "hack" thing. Smiley

Wouldn't it make more sense that the hacker started to dump coins? He maybe just wanted to get rid of them and fill his pockets...

Is it possible to have the wallet.dat and yet have no access to the coins? Why haven't they been tumbled yet?

It beats me. Maybe the hacker is too worried about getting busted to move the coins.

We should send a bitmessage to the hacker and ask him

Nah, he's too drunk from the good damn piece of stamped cheddar. LOL
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:08:26 AM

Why wouldn't Bitstamp just move the coins to a secure wallet themselves if they have the private keys/wallet.dat along with the hacker

Huh Huh Huh
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:20:20 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:05:22 AM by DeathAndTaxes

What is the rush?  Transactions are irreversible.   In prior hacks attackers have waited days or even weeks before they starting obfuscating the trail.

Why wouldn't Bitstamp just move the coins to a secure wallet themselves if they have the private keys/wallet.dat along with the hacker

Huh Huh Huh

The assumption is the address containing the stolen coins is not controlled by BitStamp but is instead under the control of the hacker.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:02:07 AM

What is the rush?  Transactions are irreversible.   In prior hacks attackers have waited days or even weeks before they starting obfuscating the trail.

Huh Huh Huh

The assumption is the address containing the stolen coins is not controlled by BitStamp but is instead under the control of the hacker.

What do you mean assumption? I thought it was news

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: