Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold Bitcoin untill next halving time  (Read 9872 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:35:46 AM

I really joined bitcoin world just recently , would like to get some advices
I only have 20$ BTC worth at the moment , should I buy at least 1 BTC and hold it ? the price will rise for sure in the future ?

Not certain, but close enough. Buy and hold.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:39:18 AM

Yeah I am curious to see how the halving will affect the price and the supply/demand for bitcoins. It will definitely have an impact on the miners so we will see some changes for sure.
faince222

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:24:14 PM

Yeah I am curious to see how the halving will affect the price and the supply/demand for bitcoins. It will definitely have an impact on the miners so we will see some changes for sure.

Yes, surely. But I don't think that price will have a great rising, just rise from 30-40%, not else. But I'm so curious to see what will happen !
zyzzbrah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

I only have 20$ BTC worth at the moment , should I buy at least 1 BTC and hold it ? the price will rise for sure in the future ?
Indeed, 1 BTC and save it so you don't have to kill yourself in a decade or 2. Any price below 1K dollar is a cheap Bitcoin if you look at 10+ year range.
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:59:32 PM

Indeed, 1 BTC and save it so you don't have to kill yourself in a decade or 2. Any price below 1K dollar is a cheap Bitcoin if you look at 10+ year range.

I only have 17 years old Grin so I guess I'am young and I can wait (if I didn't die)

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

Sell most of it (like 75-80%), hold a small fraction in Bitcoin, STOP GAMBLING on exchanges and just wait. If you're lucky Bitcoin might go back up enough for you to recover and multiply the funds.
FlyForFun

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:20:12 AM

Have been telling my self to hold until next halving, but bitcoin price have been dropping every since...

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:16:16 PM

Have been telling my self to hold until next halving, but bitcoin price have been dropping every since...

btc soon halving which means, current price is the greatest bullshit whales are trying to pull, hoping noobs are selling to them, if you are not buying right now then you dont know anything about crypto

bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:22:52 AM

I'm not sure about the right time for buying, maybe in the first quarter of 2015 we can have better opportunities to buy. If the subject is BTC nobody knows what will happen next Smiley
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:51:26 AM

Holding bitcoin is pretty much the strategy i been using all this time...
Also, i think it's way too early to speculate on Q1 2016. The price of bitcoin is way too dynamic to assume it's best to hold right now, the price may still drop further.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:07:13 PM

The difficulty looks like to drop again.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 08:34:25 PM

Good thing. I advice all of my friends which has some bitcoin to hold and sell in 2016, when there will be the halving and surely price will increase up ! I'm in permanent hold phase because I love bitcoin  Smiley

Words like "surely", "definitely", and "price going to double" mean nothing - they have no fact and little analysis behind them. It's pure speculation. And if you read posts from June of this year you'll find a bunch of people claiming that BTC is "surely", "definitely" going to increase by the end of 2014. What's happened in the last half of 2014? The price has dropped in half.

The halving of BTC mining presents a good idea to further explore as it get's closer to 2016 but NO ONE should be declaring the idea puts any certainty on price increases.

Businesses are adopting Bitcoin as a payment option so they can appeal to more buyers, but they aren't then holding their Bitcoin and using it buy the goods and services they need, they're exchanging it immediately to fiat currency - which is more stable and universally accepted. This immediate selling of Bitcoin supports the downward pressure and keeps prices for Bitcoin low and stable.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:57:14 PM

There are still nearly 10 days before next difficulty adjustment.

I'm not sure about the right time for buying, maybe in the first quarter of 2015 we can have better opportunities to buy. If the subject is BTC nobody knows what will happen next Smiley

Just buy whenever you think the time is right, at this point buying isn't that bad.

Don't wait too long, before you know the price will go up.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

well the price isn't dropping, that diff drop is releated to the 240 price, remember that driff drop take some time is not instant at all...
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:25:56 AM

Holding bitcoin is pretty much the strategy i been using all this time...
Also, i think it's way too early to speculate on Q1 2016. The price of bitcoin is way too dynamic to assume it's best to hold right now, the price may still drop further.

Best to hold right now. I will definitely wait until the next halving before thinking of selling my bitcoins. 2016 isn't that far away now.  Smiley
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:22:33 AM

Good thing. I advice all of my friends which has some bitcoin to hold and sell in 2016, when there will be the halving and surely price will increase up ! I'm in permanent hold phase because I love bitcoin  Smiley

Words like "surely", "definitely", and "price going to double" mean nothing - they have no fact and little analysis behind them. It's pure speculation. And if you read posts from June of this year you'll find a bunch of people claiming that BTC is "surely", "definitely" going to increase by the end of 2014. What's happened in the last half of 2014? The price has dropped in half.

The halving of BTC mining presents a good idea to further explore as it get's closer to 2016 but NO ONE should be declaring the idea puts any certainty on price increases.

Businesses are adopting Bitcoin as a payment option so they can appeal to more buyers, but they aren't then holding their Bitcoin and using it buy the goods and services they need, they're exchanging it immediately to fiat currency - which is more stable and universally accepted. This immediate selling of Bitcoin supports the downward pressure and keeps prices for Bitcoin low and stable.
I agree. I don't think most of the supply of bitcoin on the market is from the miners. A greater share of the new supply is from merchants who are selling their bitcoin they received from their customers. I would say it would be more accurate to say that once we see more b2b bitcoin payments that the price will increase.

I think that many people who are long term bulls aka permabulls aka people who are hodling would put some value into "surely" as this is what they think will happen

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:04:09 PM

b2b BTC transaction is important to the rise of BTC price. So is the adoption.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:29:02 PM

I agree. I don't think most of the supply of bitcoin on the market is from the miners. A greater share of the new supply is from merchants who are selling their bitcoin they received from their customers. I would say it would be more accurate to say that once we see more b2b bitcoin payments that the price will increase.

I think that many people who are long term bulls aka permabulls aka people who are hodling would put some value into "surely" as this is what they think will happen

There is a big supply of bitcoin in the hands of goverment from raiding places like Silk Road too that gets put in the market eventually.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: