Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Opens Doors to Global Audience  (Read 4422 times)
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:51:42 PM

What is this circle thing? Is this an international bitcoin online banking account? I read through the blog and about sections and could not find anything to describe precisely what they do? It sounds like it is an online bitcoin wallet and an exchange with a 100% theft insurance.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:01:42 PM

What is this circle thing? Is this an international bitcoin online banking account? I read through the blog and about sections and could not find anything to describe precisely what they do? It sounds like it is an online bitcoin wallet and an exchange with a 100% theft insurance.

I think that's it. Plus you can use any CC worldwide to buy.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:33:15 PM

You got the gist of it.

Another thing is it also allows unparralled ease in purchasing bitcoins instantly by the use of a credit card

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

yep.  i tried it today.  simple and fast.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:04:59 PM

If the insurance is genuine, and covers both theft and data loss on their part, then this could be a turning point in adoption. Most people are not comfortable with being responsible for keeping their own coins safe, and having no recourse if they somehow go missing. Even I get nervous about it sometimes, and my coins are as secure as they can reasonably be. This is what all the people who want someone to protect them have been waiting for. And they vastly outnumber us.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:12:54 PM

Most people are not comfortable with being responsible for keeping their own coins safe, and having no recourse if they somehow go missing.

You are still responsible for keeping your account credentials safe.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:42:30 PM

Most people are not comfortable with being responsible for keeping their own coins safe, and having no recourse if they somehow go missing.

You are still responsible for keeping your account credentials safe.

Which is why I always recommend to friends who are serious about having multiple crypto-related accounts to get a password manager like Keepass. Lots of neat features... my favorite is the auto-type obfuscation to thwart keyloggers. Then you can have strong 32 character passwords for everything and sleep well at night. Also it's open source. Also use 2FA authentication.

Just tried out Circle a bit. Very well designed and easy to use.
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:45:05 PM

Circle buys OTC right?
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:51:47 AM

Brilliant peace of news, more important to bitcoin than paypal, Circle have made it easier for joe public to own and use bitcoins. For anything near mass adoption bitcoin needs to be as simple as using your credit card. Great news no wonder they raised 25 million so easily.
Diabolicus

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:11:53 AM

Only US bank accounts can be linked ... so much for "global" audience  Shocked

Also, when offering a localized version of a website, containing a localized support form, answering support request in a language other than your customer's language kind of defies the whole purpose of offering support in different languages in the first place :-)
sbrzol

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:23:07 AM

Circle buys OTC right?

if so, then there wont be buying pressure only more selling by payment processors

everybody can see in the order books of exchanges that there is no buyers , only selling walls
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

Only US bank accounts can be linked ... so much for "global" audience  Shocked

Also, when offering a localized version of a website, containing a localized support form, answering support request in a language other than your customer's language kind of defies the whole purpose of offering support in different languages in the first place :-)

That's rich. It would have been sufficient for them to offer only english, if only US bank accounts are supported.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: