Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Announces Global Launch of Bitcoin Banking Platform  (Read 7609 times)
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

This is huge! Enormous! Look at the skyrocketing price! We're almost at the Moon already!!!

Choo-choo!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

I just miss some mobile apps
Yep, I'm not switching to circle until I see an Android app

Seems it will be out soon...

Native Apps Imminent

In addition to the general availability of Circle, today at the Sibos international banking conference, we had an opportunity to sneak peek our new iOS and Android native apps. While these are still in beta and not part of today’s product release, they’re a critical piece of the puzzle and companions to Circle’s Web-based service. We’ve been hard at work on these apps and hope to make them available to everyone soon.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:10:27 PM

I can't sent funds from a non-US account!!

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:16:28 PM

I just bought $250 worth of BTC and sent it to my wallet.  Took less than two minutes and the inbound transaction has already hit my wallet.

This is officially the easiest & smoothest transaction I have ever done for going from USD>BTC

*also switched to the Google 2FA

ig

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:54:33 PM

Only US cards and bank accounts accepted at the moment
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:09:58 PM

just used circle (from austria with a Mastercard) and i guess the other exchanges have to do some homework now  Cheesy

buying and sending BTC with no problem.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:13:00 PM

just used circle (from austria with a Mastercard) and i guess the other exchanges have to do some homework now  Cheesy

awesome! Hopefully this will shoot the BTC price up Smiley
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:14:18 PM

Looks like the 'US Only' cards and accounts has been lifted. Also just managed to load my account and card without problems
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:14:43 PM

or down, already bought some pizza with it  Cheesy

but nice job circle.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

or down, already bought some pizza with it  Cheesy

but nice job circle.

haha awesome
Gabe

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:15:46 PM

I just heard about Circle. I saw this article saying Bitcoin will reach $510!!!! https://www.ddmarkets.com/bitcoin-technical-analysis-moderate-gains-are-due/
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:21:35 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/circle-global-launch/

Just signed up and going to test  Grin

Can someone plz sum up the basic purpose of Circle ? I read the following on their website...

Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.

Is it an exchange like Bitstamp or a payment processor like BitPay ?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Finally, a Bitcoin financial services business that's not run either by ex cons or by wet behind the ears children out of their apartment in San Francisco. Very good news!

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

Can someone plz sum up the basic purpose of Circle ? I read the following on their website...

Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.

http://www.coindesk.com/circles-bitcoin-banking-platform-savvy-bid-mainstream-market/

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:41:01 PM

Wouha i didn t know anything about circle until now.
I just buy bitcoins with my credit card. I still can t belive it.

This is breaking the main barrier for newbe testing. Nobody know or want how to do a wire transfer, every body has already bought with cb!

Mind blowing

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
borna_121136

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:50:15 PM

I am a BTC lover from Bangladesh, can I get any kind of assistance from Cirle in here?
iglasses
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:54:48 PM

I just did something that up until today was not possible.
I signed up for an account and sixty seconds later bought BTC (at the current rate!) with a credit card and then sent the BTC to my wallet.

If it never does anything else that would be enough to make me  Smiley

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:57:19 PM

So awesome!

Awhile ago I signed up for the invite and never heard anything, so a couple weeks back I emailed them and asked if they were still around or what the status was. They replied saying stay tuned, they're about to launch. Still never got an invite but I followed the link over to Circle, signed up and requested a transfer from coinbase via the nifty single use address. It shows pending. I also linked my bank debit card and didn't have a shred of a problem, unlike coinbase who won't take debit cards.  Since it's coming from coinbase, I'll wager it'll take the whole 40 minutes Tongue

I liked coinbase but don't like the inflated BTC rate to buy and sell and I really, really don't like the 4 or 5 day wait on transfers or the inability to use a debit card. I am the proud owner of no credit cards and want to keep it that way. Using a debit card as one is as much as I need.

Overall, it took about 2 minutes to complete the sign up, and get the transfer initiated. I tried it for 20 bucks just in case things went afoul and it shows as received. If I am not mistaken, they basically front you the money while behind the scenes they debit your account which is why you have instant access to it. That's sooooo much cooler than coinbase making us wait on a long transfer.

I definitely see this being huge, especially when they bring out a Circle Card...a debit card. That, the apps, and the ability to switch back and forth between cash payments and btc payments on the fly, in the wild, on the street, locally will be insanely spectacular.

Well done, Circle!

I see amazing success in your future!

ETA:

Anyone interested in a little easy btc funds trade to test it out?

Me: 1DPN4mPM5e9DKsh2P3Nm9qz5JWy7dT9Tzv - send a dime, nickel, whatever to see what happens, then post your address and I'll send it back, and we can see how quickly things post back and forth. If you're willing.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
9kv

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Learning

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:59:47 PM

From what I read, Circle is putting the credit card chagres on the customers. So it isn't 100% free.
Yes, of course they will, no exchange will take up customers' fees like that.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Looks like the 'US Only' cards and accounts has been lifted. Also just managed to load my account and card without problems

No, not true. You can add the details but not make any transfers.

I think it may be a great thing. It will force people to think in terms of bitcoin rather than fiat.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: