Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which type of mining do you prefer?
Hardware - 15 (57.7%)
Cloud - 11 (42.3%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mining do you prefer? Cloud mining or Hardware Mining?  (Read 4484 times)
LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:57:13 AM

Prefer cloud mining, hardwareget too dusty and hard to clean.

yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:43:10 AM

I prefer hardware mining because you can never be sure if the owners of the cloud mining are scammers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
PangPang

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:59:22 AM

Just check my signature - there you will find what you want  Grin

Just sayin, but your signature smells like ponzi  Roll Eyes

Not just smells like ponzi, it is a ponzi.
Some have reported their withdrawals have been pending for days like in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823259.msg9298250#msg9298250 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817820.msg9290901#msg9290901. Roll Eyes

PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:03:20 AM

I prefer having my own ASIC miners, as it is more fun and I don't need to worry about the cloudmining site disappearing from time to time.

AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

Which mining do you prefer? Cloud mining or Hardware Mining?
I am currently doing both but which do you prefer and why?

It depends on your electricity price and whether you want to mine sha256 or scrypt. I assume that GPU mining scene is almost as death now, except something else happens soon in the future. TBH, I still haven't shutdown my GPU farm and am mining at break even point.
Mining BTC, cloud or home, is pretty much hopeless to reach ROI if you ask my opinion. I prefer mining with ASIC scrypt now. If you have cheap electricity, you could try to get some from Zeus or Bitmaintech. Btw check this site, they have pretty much a nice overview.
http://www.satoshis.guru/new-mining-gear-calc/

Regards,
keackh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:27:48 PM

Hardware is better
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

Hardware is better
Yes, if you have the means to support it at home hardware is better.
Unfortunately some people live in apartments or have unstable internet connections.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:29:47 PM

Hardware is better when you can put all your equipment in some dedicated place like storage room, garage or something. I don't have place for it my electricity is expensive. The only solution for me is to invest in cloud mining.
Cboy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:23:53 PM

i don't own any mining equipment but if i would mine i probably choose hardware mining .
Snorek
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:23:10 PM

i don't own any mining equipment but if i would mine i probably choose hardware mining .

I used to be like you. But now I am not sure about perks of hardware mining it is quite obsolete in my opinion. The pros of cloud mining definitely outweigh the cons.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

both have pros and cons, neither will get you ROI.

If you must enter the mining game you can get mining hardware for fiat, mine with it, then sell the hardware thus reducing your $$$ outlay. with cloud mining you could feasably buy into a contract, get some dividends then sell the contract so that your costs arue covered but this might be harder to do than it is for me to type it. fewer and fewer knowledgeable people are willing to take a chance, and if they do, it would have to be at IPO because the profit margins are less than thin.

I managed to squeeze 2x my investment out of a year-late BFL 60ghs miner because a) I paid in fiat b) I recieved the miner and managed to mine almost 5 btc before it became too expensive to run, and c) after I had mined ~3.5 btc the price shot up to 1200/btc so I covered my fiat costs by virtue of a bubble.

so, while i like to brag about my flukey success with mining, it was just that, a fluke. I would not do any mining right now, and wont any time in the future. you are smarter to just put your money into btc and hodl.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

both have pros and cons, neither will get you ROI.

If you must enter the mining game you can get mining hardware for fiat, mine with it, then sell the hardware thus reducing your $$$ outlay. with cloud mining you could feasably buy into a contract, get some dividends then sell the contract so that your costs arue covered but this might be harder to do than it is for me to type it. fewer and fewer knowledgeable people are willing to take a chance, and if they do, it would have to be at IPO because the profit margins are less than thin.

I managed to squeeze 2x my investment out of a year-late BFL 60ghs miner because a) I paid in fiat b) I recieved the miner and managed to mine almost 5 btc before it became too expensive to run, and c) after I had mined ~3.5 btc the price shot up to 1200/btc so I covered my fiat costs by virtue of a bubble.

so, while i like to brag about my flukey success with mining, it was just that, a fluke. I would not do any mining right now, and wont any time in the future. you are smarter to just put your money into btc and hodl.

Yep. Buy with BTC and hope to get ROI in BTC is an illusion. You can never get it however you calculate it.
But it might be different with scrypt cloud mining. Wink
Snorek
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:30:27 AM

With cloud mining the most important thing is to choose some really good company which does not suck you from all money while providing only loses. If you find reliable company you may want to invest a little to test the water. Then it is up to you to decide if you are fully in...
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:54:30 PM

I prefer hardware mining because you can never be sure if the owners of the cloud mining are scammers.

You know that MORE scams in the past came from the people who were selling physical hardware miners, right? If someone is a scammer they will scam you no matter what. You have to choose wisely and do not trust shady companies, that is all. There are after all some really good crypto businesses out there.
Ilan123 (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

With cloud mining the most important thing is to choose some really good company which does not suck you from all money while providing only loses. If you find reliable company you may want to invest a little to test the water. Then it is up to you to decide if you are fully in...

This is what I have done with LTCgear and I haven't looked back since, I thought the same about GAW but they have completely changed their mining model now and you have to mine Hashpoints and convert them to their new coin (soon to be released) via an ICO it's all quite interesting but also could also amount to nothing

Claim over $20 in Crypto for downloading the Legion Network App https://register.legionnetwork.io/NpZ9mjo
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

Cloud mining. The noise from hardware miners drivers me literally insane. Hardware miners are only cool if you live in siberia or something.
yussuf89
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:24:45 PM

Cloud mining. Electricity is not cheap in Turkey Undecided
JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:01:59 PM

Well, i agree hardware is always better but what you gonna do when you can't afford to pay electricity
I have old miners laying around only prefers cloud these days atleast covers weekly gambling funds.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:07:18 PM

I do small time mining but I would never touch cloud mining with a 10 foot pole...your going to just lose money in the long run.
TigerMart

Activity: 270
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

I do small time mining but I would never touch cloud mining with a 10 foot pole...your going to just lose money in the long run.

You can not do cloud mining with 10 foot pole. It is not riding the church and poking the cloud to mine bitcoin for you.

Mining requires electricity and regular maintenance. Hence Cloud Mining is always better than your pole dancing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: