Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:25:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best exchange for algorithmic trading?  (Read 1578 times)
Najska (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:38:56 PM

Hi,

I've been working on a blackbox trading engine for a while. It actually yields quite a lot of profit and everything is perfect, except for the exchange BTC-e. Their API simply sucks. They block API keys for no reason. Sometimes the server cancels a given order immediately after it's given. Their customer support also sucks. I asked their technical team about the problem, showing my code and telling about what happened. All they said was that the code seems OK.

So, I am in search of a bitcoin exchange with a reliable trading API. Any advice?

PS. Liquidity is also a concern since I am planning to play big in the near future. So it must also be one of the biggest exchanges.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Hi,

I've been working on a blackbox trading engine for a while. It actually yields quite a lot of profit and everything is perfect, except for the exchange BTC-e. Their API simply sucks. They block API keys for no reason. Sometimes the server cancels a given order immediately after it's given. Their customer support also sucks. I asked their technical team about the problem, showing my code and telling about what happened. All they said was that the code seems OK.

So, I am in search of a bitcoin exchange with a reliable trading API. Any advice?

PS. Liquidity is also a concern since I am planning to play big in the near future. So it must also be one of the biggest exchanges.

I have heard good things about Okcoin. I have heard they are much more geared towards algorithmic trading. I don't operate bots myself, so I can't really say more than that. But I've heard they are better than the western exchanges in that regard.

They are also MUCH more liquid than BTCE. (I recommend okcoin.cn, not okcoin.com)

Best of luck. Smiley
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:23:17 AM

Hi,

I have heard good things about Okcoin. I have heard they are much more geared towards algorithmic trading. I don't operate bots myself, so I can't really say more than that. But I've heard they are better than the western exchanges in that regard.

They are also MUCH more liquid than BTCE. (I recommend okcoin.cn, not okcoin.com)

Best of luck. Smiley
I don't know which one is the best, but certainly, okcoin is the worst.  Angry
My friends and I will apart from it forever.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:30:55 AM

Depends on what currencies you are trying to trade and you're algo's trading style.

Different exchanges for different strategies.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Najska (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:43:55 AM

I am trading only BTC/USD pair. The trading style is such that the bot generally makes at most three trades per day and at least one trade per three days. I don't need orderbook data; order history is enough. If there's a good alternative, I can think trading an other BTC/fiat pair, too.

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:22:03 PM

Use a lib to abstract from the actual API. So you can switch exchanges quickly.

grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:03:46 PM

I am trading only BTC/USD pair. The trading style is such that the bot generally makes at most three trades per day and at least one trade per three days. I don't need orderbook data; order history is enough. If there's a good alternative, I can think trading an other BTC/fiat pair, too.

where do you trading only btc/usd?
i am trading only btc/usd and btc/eur on fxopen
using metatrader platform.
Najska (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:11:47 PM

Actually, that's my question. Where should I trade? Would you recommend fxopen?

GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

Actually, that's my question. Where should I trade? Would you recommend fxopen?

Why not try LakeTrader? Powered by TradingView.

Just click the button and the order will be sent to our server in real time. Once accepted, it will show up in the Open Orders pane in real time. This function is extremely easy to use and it's a great tool for all users, especially those trade frequently.
https://www.lakebtc.com/p/2644?locale=en
Najska (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:48:47 PM

Why not try LakeTrader? Powered by TradingView.
Why isn't LakeTrader listed as an exchange in TradingView charts if it's powered by TradingView itself?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: