Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statistics collected on number of bitcoin users  (Read 923 times)
Q7 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 07:58:59 AM

As what the title says let me give you an example of what i mean. I'll just take the pool of friends and family members including colleagues and acquaintances that i know. Out of a pool of 50 people there are only 3 persons who are into bitcoin and another into dogecoin. In other words that means (just) among those that i know it is something like 6% adoption rate while 8% overall for crypto.

My question is... is there any real statistic that tells you roughly how many people according to geographical location that shows the adoption rate. Like for country to country. Any data collected thus far. Or any work done by the foundation to measure the progress on adoption rate. Any estimate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:11:33 AM

Im not sure how u would figure this out exactly, but i honestly think your circle of friends has a high percentage compared to mine Undecided
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:39:13 AM

comprehensive charts not sure if it is what you want though

https://blockchain.info/charts

oh this might help

http://www.openheatmap.com/view.html?map=BibbonsGomphotheriidaeJewely

Grin
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4454

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:12:22 AM

As what the title says let me give you an example of what i mean. I'll just take the pool of friends and family members including colleagues and acquaintances that i know. Out of a pool of 50 people there are only 3 persons who are into bitcoin and another into dogecoin. In other words that means (just) among those that i know it is something like 6% adoption rate while 8% overall for crypto.

My question is... is there any real statistic that tells you roughly how many people according to geographical location that shows the adoption rate. Like for country to country. Any data collected thus far. Or any work done by the foundation to measure the progress on adoption rate. Any estimate?

so out of 50 people you know.. 3 people are into bitcoin.
well imagine that those 3 people talked to all of their friends and got 3 people adopting bitcoin. and so on and so on..

eventually out of lets say 5 billion people at an age where money means something to them (working age people) 300 million people would easily adopt bitcoin.

after all 3 people out of 50 is 6%

now lets take the US dollar. 320million people out of 7 billion use the US dollar.. this means that the US dollar has less than 5% usage.

so to me bitcoin does not need high statistical info. it doesnt need total world wide 7 billion acceptance
to be honest if everyone knew just one other person that was into bitcoin, and it was not due to each other talking them into it. then id consider that successful.

i personally would care more about getting people i know to realise the true problem with FIAT and the reality that the national debts of the world are not sustainable. to help people convert over to bitcoin or gold.. i personally wouldnt worry about statistics of what other people are doing, only what im doing..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:28:52 PM

Did you include yourself? If not, the % would be even better: 8% and 10% for crypto.

It's very hard to compile reliable stats. Back in the days the number of wallet downloads could give you a good idea about the adoption rate by country.

But it's not an issue anymore, as there are simply to many different wallets (available from different sources) and other storage options.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:32:54 PM

is there any astatistics about amount of users biggest online wallets?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: