Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the 7th Richest Indian afraid of?  (Read 1697 times)
skang (OP)

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:37:16 AM

The founder and executive vice chairman of Kotak Mahindra Bank said technological innovation does offer huge business opportunities for India's banking sector.
But it could also change the face of the industry.

"I am excited, but very challenged. I keep wondering at night, will I have a bank the next morning, or will some technology company be doing banking without needing a bank?" he told CNBC.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102677283

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:50:27 AM

The same way MTNL (Maharashtra Telphone Nigam Limited) got wiped out (literally) after mobile phones. It used to take about 10 years without bribes if you are lucky to get a phone. and about 5 with bribes., to shift a phone was a nightmare.

I cursed the MTNL for several years of my younger life. Now they get what they deserved. We get a connection the NEXT DAY now.

The same with Banks. They have such a pathetic service. I have had a HORRIBLE experience with KOTAK. They have scammed me out of about 5k by forcefully opening an account for me using misleading statements, and then charging me for having the account. How else do you think he became so rich?

It will be a step forward towards a better India if such banks do close.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:26:31 PM

The founder and executive vice chairman of Kotak Mahindra Bank said technological innovation does offer huge business opportunities for India's banking sector.

"I am excited, but very challenged. I keep wondering at night, will I have a bank the next morning, or will some technology company be doing banking without needing a bank?" he told CNBC.

Even though Bitcoin is already into existence, it will not be a big challenge for him as the internet is not available to everyone in the country which is a requirement for bitcoin , unless offchain transactions can be implemented. I doubt Bitcoin is a threat to the banking sector in the near future.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:30:10 PM

The same way MTNL (Maharashtra Telphone Nigam Limited) got wiped out (literally) after mobile phones. It used to take about 10 years without bribes if you are lucky to get a phone. and about 5 with bribes., to shift a phone was a nightmare.

I cursed the MTNL for several years of my younger life. Now they get what they deserved. We get a connection the NEXT DAY now.

The same with Banks. They have such a pathetic service. I have had a HORRIBLE experience with KOTAK. They have scammed me out of about 5k by forcefully opening an account for me using misleading statements, and then charging me for having the account. How else do you think he became so rich?

It will be a step forward towards a better India if such banks do close.

Any bank other than state governed / partially governed banks like SBI etc will snatch & claw for your money in your savings account.

I just found out Axis bank charges 500 bucks for a simple debit cum ATM card every year... not sure how many other banks do it but I find it ridiculous. They also charge you money to update your passbook IN YOUR HOME BRANCH.

Surely Kotak cant be any worse than that.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:40:44 AM

Even though Bitcoin is already into existence, it will not be a big challenge for him as the internet is not available to everyone in the country which is a requirement for bitcoin , unless offchain transactions can be implemented. I doubt Bitcoin is a threat to the banking sector in the near future.
Bank charges or nil or low only when you are using their internet banking based services. Else they will suck your blood even though if you are suffering from anemia. In that case, bitcoin can definitely flourish. Yeah we would need offchain transactions through to really make it to serve a much wider base.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

skang (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:25:45 AM

Hey Venalli, I am working on a system for offline bitcoin transactions.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:31:28 AM

mind sharing some details about it?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
skang (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:46:03 AM

Yes very soon. If I announce the system before a prototype is ready then either it'll be copied if it is good or it will be invalidated if doubtful.
This forum would be one of the first people I show it so just a little wait.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:54:34 PM

Yes very soon. If I announce the system before a prototype is ready then either it'll be copied if it is good or it will be invalidated if doubtful.
SMS based ?

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

skang (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:06:44 PM

SMS based ?

No basically a mathematical algorithm to securely exchange secrets, which will make it basically like signing checques. I have the modus operandi ready but working on simplifying the UX so that I have the first mover's advantage.

vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:08:18 PM

That would be great to see. I haven't really looked into offline transactions but seems there have been attempts on making a successful one. Has none of them been a success ?

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:10:37 AM

SMS based ?

No basically a mathematical algorithm to securely exchange secrets, which will make it basically like signing checques. I have the modus operandi ready but working on simplifying the UX so that I have the first mover's advantage.
Sounds great. Would wait to see it working Smiley
If your system is scalable without the need for 3rd party, then it's a BIG thing.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

digitaur

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:40:55 PM

This shows how watchful businessman is Mr Kodak. Also it means banking industry is not unaware about bitcoin and certainly there are people in industry who realize the hidden potential of digital currencies per se.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: