Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: !!NEW!! Physical Bitcoin Design Competition !!NEW!! Bounties Inside!  (Read 10244 times)
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:41:29 AM

Hello,
This is a n00b attempt lol, I'm not very good at designing all those polished things and stuff like the above people. This is just a photo for use of the idea. I read that you have a designer who polishes the ideas, so maybe you can make the coin all polishy and nice and stuff.

As you can see, I put a crescent moon to show 2 things,

a. Bitcoin to the moon!
b. .10 is close to a crescent. Close enough.

Thanks,
Superhitech

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:31:21 PM

Not to wait any longer...here are my two entries for both coins. This time I'm posting them early enough so I hope noone will have any silly accusations...

Inspiration - bees and beehives. Bitcoin reminds me of them. Thousands of miners working together to achieve their goal, keep the blockchain running, protect security of transactions..protect the queen... I hope you understand where this is going Smiley Binary code says "0.1 BTC" and "0.5 BTC" - depending on the coin, and on silver version there is a latin proverb: "No bees, no honey, no work, no money". Hope you bees will like it Smiley

Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:09:36 AM

Here is my submission for the Silver 0.10 coin.

Transparency: The B was designed by a designer I know. The image is also available on Shutterstock however I can provide her email address to confirm that this image has not just been taken from ShutterStock and that she is happy for her work to be included within my design.

If this is against any rule - please let me know and I will submit a different design.

MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:17:00 PM

Transparency: The B was designed by a designer I know. The image is also available on Shutterstock however I can provide her email address to confirm that this image has not just been taken from ShutterStock and that she is happy for her work to be included within my design.

If this is against any rule - please let me know and I will submit a different design.

^^ Cool design, but providing an email address doesn't exactly prove she is the one who created it.  Just sayin'
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:21:06 PM

^^ Cool design, but providing an email address doesn't exactly prove she is the one who created it.  Just sayin'

Nope but her name, portfolio, website, contact details can be obtained from ShutterStock and the vector on Shutterstock links to these details which in turn match up with her email address or she can be contacted directly via her website..
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:01:11 PM

Nope but her name, portfolio, website, contact details can be obtained from ShutterStock and the vector on Shutterstock links to these details which in turn match up with her email address or she can be contacted directly via her website..

gotcha, well good luck to your guys design then!
bonksnp2

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:00:55 PM

As long as he has permission from the original designer, I don't think there's any issues with that.

@saigoned : it might be wise to have her send you the original vector image anyways just in case you do win and coinographic does need it to render the coin.
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:00:02 AM

As long as he has permission from the original designer, I don't think there's any issues with that.

@saigoned : it might be wise to have her send you the original vector image anyways just in case you do win and coinographic does need it to render the coin.

Thanks, I already got it - then I added it to the coin design.
bonksnp2

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:46:58 PM

Here's my submissions:

The gold coin has a silver plated edge to accent the binary code and "One Half Bitcoin" letters.  In the middle is an offset Bitcoin BTC with a rising sun burst inspired by the rising sun flag of the Japanese with a circuit board background.  The rising sun symbolizes tradition and good fortune so I thought it would work well with traditional circuitry and of course for good fortune.  "Ex Unitate Vires" is engraved and translates to "Unity is Strength".  While it's different than "Vires In Numeris", it delivers a more powerful and community inspired message.  The .50 BTC and 2014 Coinographic are also engraved along one of the sunburst rays.
https://i.imgur.com/3TT2HKi.png

The silver coin is a more simple design and frankly I didn't get to spend as much time on it as I'd have liked.  It mostly speaks for itself.  I envisioned a brushed metal texture around the BTC with circuitry surrounding it.  The "One Tenth Bitcoin" and "Coinographic are each engraved on a raised banner.  The .10BTC is engraved directly into the coin.
https://i.imgur.com/l5efQqM.png

Thanks for taking the time to check out the submission and good luck to all participants!
iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:49:19 PM

I like this one. Maybe you should only simplify those circuits in the background to look more clear? I don't know how that would look like when produced.
bonksnp2

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:45:24 PM

I like this one. Maybe you should only simplify those circuits in the background to look more clear? I don't know how that would look like when produced.
Thanks. Yea I wish I was better at illustrator but I have years more experience with Photoshop which sometimes produces images that aren't quite as sharp.  I'll try and refine it before the contest deadline.  Thanks for the feedback.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:46:40 PM

Wish I had time to submit a design. Good luck to all!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

some great entries! Keep em coming!
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:12:31 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:29:50 PM by jcoin200

Here is my design, I call it "The Bitcrest".  1/10th coin design is on its way too!
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

Should I even bother?

Last I remember this was a fight between who knew the most.

That being said Coinographic took care of the matter but,
should one feel confident enought to spend time working on this?

or should I not bother at all?

bonksnp2

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:57:45 PM

Should I even bother?

Even though the last contest was a bit of a mess, I think many things were learned on what is and isn't allowed.  Additionally the grand prize was worth way more so I doubt there will be as much bickering. 

I personally would like to see another submission by you as the last ones you did were great.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:40:03 PM

I thought the last comp was a mess but it was the fault of the entrants and not the competition organiser. At the end of the day it was sorted out professionally by OP.
Ive never really used illustrator before but have spent some time coming up with my own entry. It may not be great but I look at it as having gained experience using illustrator which is a really neat tool Smiley
Will submit mine shortly.
Still need to work out how to make it look shiny as it now looks a bit plain and not very silver like.
Saigonsmokes

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:44:27 AM

Should I even bother?

You should definitely bother, voting was a bit 'unfair' last time round but I believe that was due to the large bounty (20BTC - if you look at the price of the coin for sale)

The more designs the better:)

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:18:26 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 02:07:57 PM by LitcoinCollector

Ok guys, this is my entry for the 0.5 Bitcoin.

I wanted it to be a powerfull and energetic design, to capture the spirit and infinite possibilities of Bitcoin, uniting people all over the world. For the typography I used a futuristic, and technical font.

Power to the People!

jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:26:13 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:29:42 PM by jcoin200

Here is my 1/10th bitcoin silver design, hope you like it!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: