Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:37:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When you need clothes, food, rent, a car. Your go to currency is not Bitcoin...  (Read 2214 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:23:26 AM

atleast one person made me laugh.. a guy named 'funtotry' .. he 'thinks' its a bit of a stretch to get someone local to adopt bitcoin.

... i guess he didnt try,

guys if you want your local store to accept bitcoin, have fun and try to talk to them about bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bithound

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:28:10 PM

atleast one person made me laugh.. a guy named 'funtotry' .. he 'thinks' its a bit of a stretch to get someone local to adopt bitcoin.

... i guess he didnt try,

guys if you want your local store to accept bitcoin, have fun and try to talk to them about bitcoin

That will be helpful for bitcoin adoption.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:04:21 PM

People have bought houses with bitcoins... food and cars shouldn't be a stretch.  Smiley

gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:08:26 PM

At the current moment, there's little incentive for the average joe to go buy BTC and spend it instead of using traditional payment method (cash / CC, etc.).  Maybe when merchant pass some of the savings in processing fees, will BTC thrive.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

When you need clothes, food, rent, a car. Your go to currency is not Bitcoin...

Just saying

Bitcoin needs its own form of escape velocity, into the 10k-100k price to make it useful for voting and for other smaller nations to use it in place of their national currency.

Living in a remote location (an island), I order a lot of things by mail.   Bitcoin is definitely my go to currency for online shopping.   I wish more places accepted bitcoin, but those who do benefit from my choosing them instead of their competition because they accept bitcoin.  Some things I have bought because the seller accepts bitcoin (like my X-arcade cabinet).  Then there are many things I haven't purchased because the seller DOESN'T accept bitcoin... like the most expensive juicer on the planet - Norwalk.   They don't care about my $2500 obviously, because I'm not buying one until they accept bitcoin. 

I can't be the only one making decisions this way.   
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:52:14 PM

What ever you can do with fiat you can do with btc, just takes a bit more time for the conversation. Also you can do it quicker, safer, private and feels better Smiley

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
santaClause

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:54:08 PM

At the current moment, there's little incentive for the average joe to go buy BTC and spend it instead of using traditional payment method (cash / CC, etc.).  Maybe when merchant pass some of the savings in processing fees, will BTC thrive.
I agree, and I also think we will see more merchants offering some level of discount for paying in bitcoin. Newegg offered a (I think it was 20%) discount for orders paid for in bitcoin and they saw a massive response. I don't think that the cost savings is that large, but the principle does stand that people will be willing to pay in bitcoin when offered a discount
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: