Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Less than 13 million people own atleast 1 bitcoin. NOT GOOD  (Read 1639 times)
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

Even if it comes down to begging people which i have done and it has worked to get people to buy A single bitcoin..

People do not know their power. It is quite sad. The people have soo much power and potential and are too busy buying IPhones n shit rather than attempting to take back the power from the powers that be.

I Just do not understand how we over the past 18 months have failed to attract the interest of atleast 13 million people... considering there are right around 13 million BTC in existence.

Considering some people own more than one, the number who own atleast 1 bitcoin is obvious much much much lower than 13 million.

The price of bitcoin could be much much much higher with just a little nudge from the people of earth. It is kinda retarded to think 2-3 billion people access the internet almost everyday and there are atleast 100million very very tech savvy people in the world. Far out numbering the total number of bitcoins.

This is your fault! Yes you!  Angry    Grin

Beanie Babies fared better...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:26:45 PM

I believe there are around 2300 billionaires in the world, and millions of millionaires. It would only take a few of them to really get bitcoin going..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:27:56 PM

Less than 13 million people own at least 1 bitcoin

Bitcoins are extremely rare and will go much higher in value...
...tell all your friends soon.   Cheesy

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

Bitcoin CEO commits suicide
MtGox collapses and... "it's gone"
Bitcoin rich spending their days drinking shots of stoli and smoking weed (aka get quick rich scheme)
Hacks / vulnerabilities
Volatile price swings (someone who bought at the peak in December would have lost 2/3 of their investment so far)

Yeah there could be reasons why Bitcoin userbase is only 500K-2M users.  Trust me I used to tell everybody I know to get into Bitcoin and they gave answers like the above why they wouldn't go in.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Bitcoin is like big ponzi Cheesy it will be crashed or go to the moon;)
beginner_x

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

yea.. bitcoin prices have to increase! I told it to my father about 6 months ago when 1 bitcoin was about $600. He advised me to go to holiday and do not read that much.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:38:58 PM

Even if it were a giant ponzi, it should still go much much high before crashing... From a simple numerical standpoint compared to the technological savvy population, to shear amount of uneducated and idiots, it should still go much much higher in price even if it were a useless gadget, WHICH IT IS NOT!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

Considering some people own more than one, the number who own atleast 1 bitcoin is obvious much much much lower than 13 million.

The absolute number of people with a Bitcoin wallet (regardless of amount) is optimistically estimated at approximately between 500k and 1m people.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:58:51 PM

Even if it were a giant ponzi, it should still go much much high before crashing... From a simple numerical standpoint compared to the technological savvy population, to shear amount of uneducated and idiots, it should still go much much higher in price even if it were a useless gadget, WHICH IT IS NOT!

see you dont understand bitcoin.. how about you go make your millions on the 'forever living' pyramids, selling aloe vera.. as all you care about is a quick buck.

if not.. then try learning what bitcoin really is

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

Welcome to the infancy of a new technology. These are early days.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:03:09 PM

see you dont understand bitcoin.. how about you go make your millions on the 'forever living' pyramids, selling aloe vera.. as all you care about is a quick buck.

if not.. then try learning what bitcoin really is

What is bitcoin really?
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:03:35 PM

As people become more aware of it then there should be more dispersion.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

Yup you can apply the same observations to the internet.  "What I cannot even use my phone at the same time?" "I have to get a phone line installed?" "I have to pay per page I visit???" "My friend used her credit card at an untrusted website and got scammed"
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:10:24 PM

Well most people are stupid and tend to think inside the box. We have CC we have cash, it works okay for me. Why should I bother to ask myself could there be something better? Is there something wrong with the current system/s?

Sadly this comes with every new technology. The older people don't surprise me (my dad being an example, he has issues using an android TV that he got recently but has an android phone  Cheesy), the younger ones do though. Let's see where 2015 takes us, as 2014 was a nice year but mostly monotonous.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:14:38 PM

I see troll people...they are everywhere.
Do we have a lot more trolls than any time before?

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

Yup you can apply the same observations to the internet.  "What I cannot even use my phone at the same time?" "I have to get a phone line installed?" "I have to pay per page I visit???" "My friend used her credit card at an untrusted website and got scammed"
Indeed, the parallels are all too obvious for those of us who remember the headlines:

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/08/05/business/worldbusiness/05iht-cyber.t.html

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:18:51 PM

The absolute number of people with a Bitcoin wallet (regardless of amount) is optimistically estimated at approximately between 500k and 1m people.

people base that off of the fact that thres never been more than 500k unique addresses used and they simply multiplied unique addresses by a factor of about 3 (random number less than smart people made up to sound smart)
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses

what they forget to realise is that these numbers are based on unique addresses used PER DAY not in total..

but lets throw some proper stats at you all
there are atleast 100k BUSINESSES using bitcoin. (are you saying for each business there is only 5-10 users in the world)
last year when mtgox was open. mtgox was getting nearly 14k new users a month (maths: 168,000 a year )
this year mtgox sent out over 700,000 mailing cards to users (yes atleast 700k used mtgox, coz not everyone verified account with home address.)

there are many other stats you can grab, but my estimation is ATLEAST 2million users in 2012-2013, and it has increased since. especially when you include new markets such as china, canada, uk, europe, south america, india. probably sat at 5mill users today

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

Means we hold a rare product.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
TimS

Activity: 250
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

Less than 13 million people own atleast 1 bitcoin.

considering there are right around 13 million BTC in existence.
Roll Eyes
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 12:11:22 AM

Beanie Babies fared better...

I still enjoy my beanie babies let the record show!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: