Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My transactions wont confirm...  (Read 2710 times)
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:26:32 AM

well I think I need to reinstall..I'm at 178282 of 179813   ...Its been stuck on 178282 for days already..Any link,or info. on how to save the wallet.Uninstall,then reinstall,Then add my wallet back to the new reinstalled bitcoin wallet?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:41:51 AM

well I think I need to reinstall..I'm at 178282 of 179813   ...Its been stuck on 178282 for days already..Any link,or info. on how to save the wallet.Uninstall,then reinstall,Then add my wallet back to the new reinstalled bitcoin wallet?

you need to save the wallet.dat file which will have all your private keys for all your bitcoin addresses, then uninstall bitcoin, then reinstall it, add the wallet.dat file back to the original spot, then run bitcoin application with the rescan option then your done good luck, I would research this more cause based on the operating system your using there is different ways of doing things, i just gave you the general idea of what should happen
J.Socal

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:50:16 PM

how do I save?Do I just click file,then backup wallet?I'm using windows vista. 32bit...If anyone has done this before,can You give me a step by step...I'll give you 1 coin,when I'm able to get my coins..
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 11:03:47 PM

Stop Bitcoin, as in close the program.
Press the windows button and on the search field of the start menu write 
Code:
explorer %APPDATA%\Bitcoin
and press Enter
On the dir that opens, copy the file called wallet.dat to another location
Delete everything safely if you wish, or in alternative delete everything except the wallet.dat file.
Reinstall Bitcoin

On a side note: I don't think uninstalling Bitcoin will delete any files inside the data dir. Not even sure if the uninstallation procedure asks if the user wishes to delete the data dir.
You'll have to delete them yourself.
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 12:37:25 AM

Ok...Did all that...Now after I install the new bitcoin. I just replace the new wallet with the old wallet right?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 12:45:09 AM

Ok...Did all that...Now after I install the new bitcoin. I just replace the new wallet with the old wallet right?

If you don't run Bitcoin after installing there won't be a wallet.dat on the directory, so you can put the old one in and run it after doing that. That way it will not create a new wallet.dat, it will just recognize that it's already there.
It will only create a new wallet.dat if on the first run it doesn't find one in the data dir.

tl;dr : Right lol
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 12:51:41 AM

no you have to add the parameter -rescan to the program
after you have replaced the new wallet.dat with your wallet.dat
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 12:58:05 AM

no you have to add the parameter -rescan to the program
after you have replaced the new wallet.dat with your wallet.dat

Not if he's downloading the whole blockchain from the beginning or do as I say and doesn't run it before putting the old wallet.dat there.

Also, newer versions of Bitcoin don't need the -rescan to be passed as a parameter as they do it automatically whenever they find a new wallet.dat in the data dir
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:55:04 AM

Ok update... Kept the old wallet,put it on my desktop..Downloaded the new bitcoin..set it up,didn't run it..Replaced the old wallet ,and trashed the new wallet...Started up the new bitcoin,and synced.Almost @ 100% synced,and real player tries to enter the internet,I deny,and my comp shuts down...Restart logged back in ,unistalled real player...Then I start up bitcoin again,I get a quick view of my wallet.. says 124 bitcoins, 0 confirmed..I should just have half of that by the way,that need confirming..Then I get error loading BLKindex.dat,when I start up bitcoin...WTF?Should I try again?And repeat what I did?I made a quick vid capture of the problem..  heres the link.. http://depositfiles.com/files/88dcsyy09
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:46:01 AM

Are you sure there is enough space on your HDD or that it's not corrupted?

Any way, you can just delete the blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat and start downloading the blockchain again.
No need for a complete reinstall.
Maybe just delete the blkindex.dat and leave the other. <-- Try this first.
Going to watch the video next.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 04:42:40 PM

Ok update... Kept the old wallet,put it on my desktop..Downloaded the new bitcoin..set it up,didn't run it..Replaced the old wallet ,and trashed the new wallet...Started up the new bitcoin,and synced.Almost @ 100% synced,and real player tries to enter the internet,I deny,and my comp shuts down...Restart logged back in ,unistalled real player...Then I start up bitcoin again,I get a quick view of my wallet.. says 124 bitcoins, 0 confirmed..I should just have half of that by the way,that need confirming..Then I get error loading BLKindex.dat,when I start up bitcoin...WTF?Should I try again?And repeat what I did?I made a quick vid capture of the problem..  heres the link.. http://depositfiles.com/files/88dcsyy09

just make sure you have at least 3gbs cause my bitcoin wallet uses at least 2gbs right now!
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:32:11 PM

Mission accomplished I think..Did the same thing compied my old wallet to desktop,then uninstalled..Reinstalled..I then,looked for where the new wallet should be, by searching explorer %APPDATA%\Bitcoin..Nothing came up..So I just launched bitcoin,then closed it real fast..Search explorer %APPDATA%\Bitcoin ,and I found it this time..Deleted the new wallet,and added the old wallet..Restarted my computer,and started synchronizing..Oh, also what I did, was fix my power settings..I chose never to turn off hard disk,when plugged in.And never to sleep,when plugged in..Also on the  wallet settings,click options,and check all the boxes,above "connect through SOCKS4 proxy".Ok I got the green check mark,my balance on my wallet is correct 65.00 BTC.Also it says 0 unconfirmed..Thats normal right?I got +65.00 BTC on recent transactions..So I'm done right?Or do they need to be confirmed,in order to work?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:34:14 PM

If they all have the green check mark on the transactions window they should be good to spend. Smiley
Taking into consideration that you're at it for the last 2 days they should be more than confirmed Grin
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:38:22 PM

Ok psy thanks..I need to pay you a coin...Let me try to send you 1.00 BTC..  I need a  BTC address,to send it too..
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:44:38 PM

Ok psy thanks..I need to pay you a coin...Let me try to send you 1.00 BTC..  I need a  BTC address,to send it too..

Before you do that... On the transaction list, do all the transactions have the green checkmark on the left or do they have an interrogation mark?
If they have the green checkmak you can send it to the address in my signature.
If they have the interrogation mark I'll explain you how to do a rescan.
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:58:51 PM

yeh all green..whats the label?Do I need your label?Or do I add our address,then my label?
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:05:13 PM

OK sent it..Don't think I needed to add a label..Let me know how long it takes,for you to receive it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:06:52 PM

yeh all green..whats the label?Do I need your label?Or do I add our address,then my label?

Only my address. The label is for you to insert, as a way for you to regonize the address. It's not mandatory.
But I would advise to always insert a label.
Imagine that 5 months from now you make a mistake and you send bitcoins to my address as a result of that mistake. With no label you would be kind of SOL, with a label you would say, Hey, it's psy's address, let me ask him for my Bitcoins back. Smiley

BTW, 1 BTC arrived just now Smiley Thank you very much!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:07:27 PM

OK sent it..Don't think I needed to add a label..Let me know how long it takes,for you to receive it.

labels are just for you, not one else sees them so you know what the address are.
J.Socal

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:31:56 PM

Ok..How long does it usually take to receive?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: