Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I read that Circle does not allow "withdrawal" of coins. Is this true? (no)  (Read 1418 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:43:13 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 12:01:12 AM by BitChick

I read on another thread that Circle does not allow customers to withdraw coins to their own wallets.  Is this true?  If so, this is not good at all.   Angry

Edit:  I guess they call it "Payment" instead of "Withdrawal"  but it seems like they really want people to leave their coins on their site, reguardless.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:46:46 PM

You can send to any bitcoin address..
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:49:13 PM

Oh good.

I read on another thread that you couldn't.

However, I still wonder if companies, like Circle, and Coinbase can use some sort of Fractional Reserve Banking if they hold large quantities of BTC.

It might be good for those, especially with larger quantities of coin, to store them offline somewhere secure I would think.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4407

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

Oh good.

However, I still wonder if companies, like Circle, and Coinbase can use some sort of Fractional Reserve Banking if they hold large quantities of BTC.

It might be good for those, especially with larger quantities of coin, to store them offline somewhere secure I would think.

they dont have a "withdrawal" button.. because the "payment" button IS the withdrawal button..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3187

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:54:55 PM

True...from what I read.
HOWEVER, you can send coin to any wallet address.  Grin

That reply makes no sense. Of course you can withdraw your bitcoins. Use your head.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Balkhole

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:55:19 PM

I read on another thread that Circle does not allow customers to withdraw coins to their own wallets.  Is this true?  If so, this is not good at all.   Angry
Of course it is not true. Why would a company that sells bitcoin not allow you to withdraw the bitcoin that your purchase? If this was true then it would defeat the point of them using bitcoin as the method of measuring how much money was in your account. The post that you were referring to is nothing more then FUD
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:59:12 PM

Oh good.

they dont have a "withdrawal" button.. because the "payment" button IS the withdrawal button..

I haven't used Circle yet but it seems like some people would get a little confused if it says, "payment" not "withdrawal."  Of course, they really want to be used as a wallet too.  

Am I the only one concerned that they seem to really want to hold onto everyone's coins as a helpful service?  How do we really know how many they are purchasing and selling?

Do they have any transparency in how many coins they actually have?  Also, where are they getting their coin supply?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4407

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:15:33 AM

I haven't used Circle yet but it seems like some people would get a little confused if it says, "payment" not "withdrawal."  Of course, they really want to be used as a wallet too.  

whether its a button that says "send", "pay", "payment". it dont matter. all that matters is that your funds are NOT locked into circle, so dont worry about what the button is called. you can still get your bitcoins out

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:11:12 AM

I really do not see how this would be hard to figure out...

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 01:34:23 AM

circle so far is the best startup lately

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:11:52 AM

I really do not see how this would be hard to figure out...

It might be better if it said, "Send Money or Bitcoin."  But yes, most people should be able to figure it out.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:07:34 AM

I haven't used Circle yet but it seems like some people would get a little confused if it says, "payment" not "withdrawal."

Withdrawal is how money gets out of banks. Payment is how money gets out of payment services. Makes perfect sense to me- they're indicating they're not a bank.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:33:05 PM

whether its a button that says "send", "pay", "payment". it dont matter. all that matters is that your funds are NOT locked into circle, so dont worry about what the button is called. you can still get your bitcoins out
I think the point is that they want users to use their services in ways similar to how you would use a 'traditional' bank account. This may have changed, however I believe they said at one point they will show a user's balance in terms of dollars and users would have the option of sending a specific amount priced in dollars to other circle members.

They are basically tailoring their UI under the assumption that users will exclusively keep their bitcoin on "deposit" with them

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: