Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:39:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Could Help Fight Ebola  (Read 2686 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:49:20 AM

How juvenile is that, you literally quoted me out of context.  

You keep asking how could I talk about 'volunteers, money, advertising, etc ...'  its because that's the protocol, that's how things are done and get done

Here's an analogy for you:  

If a professional baker is shown a picture of a wedding cake and told to make, it is likely that he will likely think about ingredients he knows are usual found in most wedding cakes: such as: flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and baking soda; it is probably a safe bet that an oven will likely be used to bake the cake.    But not all cakes have those ingredients or are baked.  He likely won't speculate on the amount of each ingredient until he knows that cake more intimately, perhaps by name or taste.  

The known issue is about Ebola, some of common tools cause-coins use to achieve there indicated,  the details of who, where, when, how, are yet to be finally determined.

The protocol for WHO is to reach out to see who whats to be involved.  The protocol for all other details is determined by them.  

using your analogy

wedding cakes are a popular, EMC2 is considering leading a campaign to making a public donation for 'bitcoin to help make wedding cake' --  via a baker, ingredients and research of best cakes

We need to know how many people are willing to contribute to the campaign, we want you to pledge your support.   We are specifically looking for people to pledge currency, volunteer time, retweets, facebook, reddit, IRC, etc posts, and assistance with a crowd-funding campaign.   If enough people pledge to do something great in this regard we will turn the best wishes into action.

In addition to the good it will do for the cause, it will also provide some positive exposure for the cryptocurrency community, we know that various media inside and outside of the CC community will want to pick-up the story.  

Depending on the number of people who would want to be involved this project will be very impressive.

We want to help make wedding cakes, can we count on you to support this cause?

people WILL ask you. do you want volunteer bakers, icing experts, cake connoisseurs.. or people in PR, fundraising?
-to me i can see your answer being people in PR, fundraising.

yet many people like me want to help out with cake making (fighting ebola like the title suggests)

now to come clean..
professionally i recruit people, invest in businesses, donate to good causes and volunteer my time. my skeptical mind is a good thing as it weeds out the businesses that are not feasible. yet.. with that said, my volunteer mind still wanted to actually help with the fighting ebola, even if i didnt like your promotion of the fundraising and advertising mindset in the OP, without even pre-planning anything relating to ebola.

i had an idea of donating enough to cover 10,000 paper facemasks and gloves. and to volunteer my time in a infection zone informing people of the possible hazards just metres away.

but.. your topic.. although reading as helping ebola.. seems to be just a campaign to get a fundraising innitiative started.
if you went the route of doing 2,3,4 first and then coming to the forums with a plan as 'torpedo' showed. i could have got you 10 recruits to help you. lots of funds and a couple graphic designers to design a crap tonne of leaflets.

oh well...

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:00:41 AM

How juvenile is that, you literally quoted me out of context.  

You keep asking how could I talk about 'volunteers, money, advertising, etc ...'  its because that's the protocol, that's how things are done and get done

Here's an analogy for you:  

If a professional baker is shown a picture of a wedding cake and told to make, it is likely that he will likely think about ingredients he knows are usual found in most wedding cakes: such as: flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and baking soda; it is probably a safe bet that an oven will likely be used to bake the cake.    But not all cakes have those ingredients or are baked.  He likely won't speculate on the amount of each ingredient until he knows that cake more intimately, perhaps by name or taste.  

The known issue is about Ebola, some of common tools cause-coins use to achieve there indicated,  the details of who, where, when, how, are yet to be finally determined.

The protocol for WHO is to reach out to see who whats to be involved.  The protocol for all other details is determined by them.  

using your analogy

wedding cakes are a popular, EMC2 is considering leading a campaign to making a public donation for 'bitcoin to help make wedding cake' --  via a baker, ingredients and research of best cakes

We need to know how many people are willing to contribute to the campaign, we want you to pledge your support.   We are specifically looking for people to pledge currency, volunteer time, retweets, facebook, reddit, IRC, etc posts, and assistance with a crowd-funding campaign.   If enough people pledge to do something great in this regard we will turn the best wishes into action.

In addition to the good it will do for the cause, it will also provide some positive exposure for the cryptocurrency community, we know that various media inside and outside of the CC community will want to pick-up the story.  

Depending on the number of people who would want to be involved this project will be very impressive.

We want to help make wedding cakes, can we count on you to support this cause?

people WILL ask you. do you want volunteer bakers, icing experts, cake connoisseurs.. or people in PR, fundraising?
-to me i can see your answer being people in PR, fundraising.

yet many people like me want to help out with cake making (fighting ebola like the title suggests)

now to come clean..
professionally i recruit people, invest in businesses, donate to good causes and volunteer my time. my skeptical mind is a good thing as it weeds out the businesses that are not feasible. yet.. with that said, my volunteer mind still wanted to actually help with the fighting ebola, even if i didnt like your promotion of the fundraising and advertising mindset in the OP, without even pre-planning anything relating to ebola.

i had an idea of donating enough to cover 10,000 paper facemasks and gloves. and to volunteer my time in a infection zone informing people of the possible hazards just metres away.

but.. your topic.. although reading as helping ebola.. seems to be just a campaign to get a fundraising innitiative started.
if you went the route of doing 2,3,4 first and then coming to the forums with a plan as 'torpedo' showed. i could have got you 10 recruits to help you. lots of funds and a couple graphic designers to design a crap tonne of leaflets.

oh well...

Regarding red:  I encourage you to do what you suggested, with or without an organized group associated with the action.    Do what you are inspired to do, if others want to help you to do good allow it.   I believe if your simple endeavor was shared with others, that others may be additionally inspired to do something.    As many have pointed out this thread opens a discussion that could lead to action.

Regarding green:  the focus was on bringing certain types of people -- people who care, to a table for caring people to discuss a problem (Ebola) to try to determine how, that group representing various interests with different resources can impact said problem in a way they determine with the resources at their disposal.

Some in that group may have a local perspective, others may have a national or global approach; some may want front-line involvement as you indicated, others may want back-office involvement ... it takes management to determine what is available and how it get it from point A to B efficiently.

if EMC2 made a donation to some org that studies a specific ebola strain
if Gridcoin moved their POR (proof of research) to target ebola topics
if worldaidcoin funded a youtube video regarding the campaign
if EDUcoin offered to buy books for each student involved with ebola research
if you contributed what you mentioned above
and many others were involved

it would all be under the umbrella of The Cryptocurrency Community Come Together To Help Fight Ebola
if its only the cause-coins involved then it would be Cause-Coins Come Together To Help Fight Ebola
if it was only EMC2 then it would be Einsteinium Community Get Together To Help Fight Ebola
if non of the above takes place it will be Armis Makes Cryptocurrency Donation To Help Fight Ebola

the point is to make the most impact with what you have.

[you still owe me an apology]

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: