Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Could Help Fight Ebola  (Read 2682 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:37:01 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 04:52:22 AM by Armis

Ebola is heavy in the news, EMC2 is considering leading a campaign to making a public donation to fight Ebola --  via Ebola research, public awareness, and scientific education.

We need to know many people are willing to contribute to the campaign, we want you to pledge your support.   We are specifically looking for people to pledge currency, volunteer time, retweets, facebook, reddit, IRC, etc posts, and assistance with a crowd-funding campaign.   If enough people pledge to do something great in this regard we will turn the best wishes into action.

In addition to the good it will do for the cause, it will also provide some positive exposure for the cryptocurrency community, we know that various media inside and outside of the CC community will want to pick-up the story.  

Depending on the number of people who would want to be involved this project will be very impressive.

We want to help fight Ebola, can we count on you to support this cause?

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:57:17 AM

Ebola is heavy in the news, EMC2 is considering leading a campaign to making a public donation to fight Ebola --  via Ebola research, public awareness, and scientific education.

We need to know many people are willing to contribute to the campaign, we want you to pledge your support.   We are specifically looking for people to pledge currency, volunteer time, retweets, facebook, reddit, IRC, etc posts, and assistance with a crowd-funding campaign.   If enough people pledge to do something great in this regard we will turn the best wishes into action.

In addition to the good it will do for the cause, it will also provide some positive exposure for the cryptocurrency community, we know that various media inside and outside of the CC community will want to pick-up the story.  

Depending on the number of people who would want to be involved this project will be very impressive.

Hello,

I run a Bitcoin Crowdfunding Platform called BitcoinStarter . I don't know what your plan are for a crowd funding platform , but do let me know how I can help , if any. Just wanted to let you know of my services.

Thanks again!

Oh, and good luck! Ebola is awful Sad
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:58:04 AM

Leave it to this community to find a way to use tragedies to shill for exposure.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:52:11 PM

Hello,

I run a Bitcoin Crowdfunding Platform called BitcoinStarter . I don't know what your plan are for a crowd funding platform , but do let me know how I can help , if any. Just wanted to let you know of my services.

Thanks again!

I'm familiar with your site,  if the community wants to go forward with this we will certainly use your site as a resource.    
PandaMac

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:18:51 PM

Hello,

Thanks again!

I think the problem with BitcoinStarter is the sheer lack of backers.  Such crowdfunding services can only really work when you have a good sized user base and marketing/
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

I think the problem with BitcoinStarter is the sheer lack of backers.  Such crowdfunding services can only really work when you have a good sized user base and marketing/

Right, this is clearly an issue. We are hoping to change this with some actual marketing for projects ( we deem good ) and really push them out to the people that matter. We've done some trial runs in the past and are 3/3 with getting those projects funded.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

Hello,

Thanks again!

I think the problem with BitcoinStarter is the sheer lack of backers.  Such crowdfunding services can only really work when you have a good sized user base and marketing/

You are absolutely correct, BitcoinStarter should go to every alt coin and pitch his site.  

additionally he may want to consider cross marketing where he trades advertising banners with sites willing to do the same with their site, the site has been around long enough for many people to have heard of it, but this is the sort of service that needs to be pounded in over and over again to be a go to item.

Everyone wanted low btc prices, but as the price fall less and less are being purchased because everyone thinks they will go even lower -- then they do ... which leads to less interest in BTC and less interest into all of the things that feed into or off of btc.  Even this site has seen a massive drop in activity. 
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:41:44 PM

Since the subject is up then I guess this would provide a good read for anyone interested:
http://www.naturalnews.com/046290_ebola_patent_vaccines_profit_motive.html
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:45:10 PM

Leave it to this community to find a way to use tragedies to shill for exposure.
Exposure may lead to more donations..

:]
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

Ebola is a hemorrhagic fever. It kills about half of those who contract it. It sometimes, though not always, leads to uncontrollable bleeding. But it's difficult to contract. The only way to catch Ebola is to have direct contact with the bodily fluids — vomit, sweat, blood, feces, urine or saliva — of someone who has Ebola and has begun showing symptoms.

Modern public-health systems can manage diseases that travel through bodily fluids. The techniques are laborious, but known. You isolate those who have contracted the disease, or might have contracted it. You find out who's been near them. You screen them for the disease. You isolate anyone who shows symptoms. You do this until the disease is stamped out. It works. And modern public-health systems know how to do it.

Read more at http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/163957-2014-10-01-don-39-t-panic-over-ebola-in-america.htm .

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:14:54 PM

You should create a fundraiser and donate all the proceeds to Ebola research/public awareness.

http://kryptokit.com/rush-fundraiser/
http://rushwallet.com/
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:26:18 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 05:01:01 AM by Armis

Since the subject is up then I guess this would provide a good read for anyone interested:
http://www.naturalnews.com/046290_ebola_patent_vaccines_profit_motive.html

The "patent number" indicated in the article refers to a "Also published as" number.

I searched the United States Patent and Trademark Office site USPTO.gov  http://www.uspto.gov/patents/process/search/index.jsp  under the patent number, inventor name, application date, application number, and other identifiers all resulted '0' found.

Clearly Google has recognized the information as a "patent[ed]" item however the US doesn't.  

I also checked the US copyright office, nothing there either.

As far as I'm concern the information is foundationally flawed.

You should create a fundraiser and donate all the proceeds to Ebola research/public awareness.

http://kryptokit.com/rush-fundraiser/
http://rushwallet.com/

Thanks for that lead, it will be considered.   Are you in contact with the site owners?
blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:10:26 AM

I think your title is somewhat misleading. All that bitcoin could do is provide a payment method for people to donate to the cause. There is nothing special about bitcoin specifically that will help fight ebola.

I do like your intention however I do not believe that many people who are involved in bitcoin will trust enough to donate

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:58:58 AM

I think your title is somewhat misleading. All that bitcoin could do is provide a payment method for people to donate to the cause. There is nothing special about bitcoin specifically that will help fight ebola.

I do like your intention however I do not believe that many people who are involved in bitcoin will trust enough to donate

Thanks for your comment, given that you know the intent of the thread please suggest a title that you believe is more fitting for me to consider.

Currency, in any form beit crypto, fiat, or precious metal is a means by which goods and/or services are exchanged, even if the service is Ebloa research and pubic awareness.

I am one of three administrators of a not-for-profit cause coin called Einsteinium (EMC2) our mission is to provide grants to causes to advance scientific research, education, and development, visit www.Einsteinium.org

The Ebola project is a very ambitious endeavor to consider, which is why we are reaching out to other cause coins such as: worldaidcoin, gridcoin, aidbit, educoin, charitycoin, and carecoin, to consider a strategic partnership.   

At this point it looks like representatives at 3 of the cause coins might form an exploratory committee to consider the matter further, I'm one of the delegates for EMC2, this thread will help me to know how bitcoin owners feel about the matter and will greatly impact how I approach the whole issue.

Believe it or not, finding people to give is easier than finding people to ask people to give -- volunteers are hard to find.

Would you like to volunteer?
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

Moments ago the EMC2 board adopted the measure to move forward with plans to be involved with the Ebola project.   The extent of our involvement is contingent on our own community's commitment to the endeavor as well as the various levels of commitment other communities are expected to pledge.

Our board has approved leadership resources, social networking resources, and 1 Million EMC2 coins for the effort; these are all minimums; its important to note that since the endeavor is far larger than all of our previous endeavors we are seeking community ratification.  The project requires strategic partners, not just for currency but for leadership and volunteers as well.

An exploratory committee made up of representatives of each of the involved cause coin will determine if they move forward to take on the project and if so the scope of the project, what the respective communities could be expected to responsibly pledge, and the best way to address the goals of the project. 

Currently two coins are committed to the effort: EMC2 and WorldAidCoin. 

If anyone is interested in representing bitcoin in this endeavor please let me know.   
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:55:23 PM

all i see is a money grab.

i see no actual real life benefit. no actual proof that any money sent to the OP will result in any lives saved or any cure found.

i truly hate it when people use natural disasters to get rich

shame on you

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:30:49 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 11:47:20 PM by Armis

all i see is a money grab.

i see no actual real life benefit. no actual proof that any money sent to the OP will result in any lives saved or any cure found.

i truly hate it when people use natural disasters to get rich

shame on you

Franky1, that is the very definition of the word prejudice, you draw a conclusion without having sufficient reasonable evidence to logically draw such a conclusion.

How can you "see a money grab" if money only comes after money is requested, and money is only requested after recipients are identified, and recipients are only identified once a committee has vetted them, and a vetting only after nomination, and a nomination only after a forming of committee, and forming of committee after approval of the joint committee of cause coins to move the initiative forward, and that only after each cause coin has decided to join the committee -- none of which occurred as of yet.   So how is it that you can see past all of that?

The only money in view is our own money we are proposing to GIVE, is that the seat of your confusion?  Are you confusing the "money Give", for a "money Grab"?

When you said: "i see no actual real life benefit. no actual proof that any money sent to the OP will result in any lives saved or any cure found" did you do any due diligence before you made that statement?  Did you go to www.Einsteinium.org to view the "actual real life ... beneficial ... proof" of what EMC2 has done in the past?  Did you bother to consider asking the question before jumping to the wrong conclusion? 

You not only assumed too much, you wrongly accused.   Shame on you for not doing your homework, you owe me an apology.  If you choose not to pay it, shame on you for that as well.

You have exhibited irresponsible behavior that is unbecoming of a "Hero" of any kind.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:50:37 PM

money grab:
well how many times have you used the words donation, crowdfunding pledges.

no where have you at all described where the funds will be spent.

you have waffled through many posts about setting up management committee's and asking people to volunteer. and asking people to advertise the campaign.

but NOWHERE have you said what the goal of the campaign is beyond grabbing money in the name of ebola.

so tell me now. how will YOU save peoples lives. and i mean physically save peoples lives.
if all you are going to do is to go on a media blitz of shouting out "warning ebola is coming" and claim that you have saved numerous lives with your actions. then you deserve nothing.

how will you actually save real lives of real people that is not involving sitting on a chair managing an advertising campaign. Come on reveal some real action that will occur as a result of the funds.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:23:41 AM

money grab:
well how many times have you used the words donation, crowdfunding pledges.

no where have you at all described where the funds will be spent.

you have waffled through many posts about setting up management committee's and asking people to volunteer. and asking people to advertise the campaign.

but NOWHERE have you said what the goal of the campaign is beyond grabbing money in the name of ebola.

so tell me now. how will YOU save peoples lives. and i mean physically save peoples lives.
if all you are going to do is to go on a media blitz of shouting out "warning ebola is coming" and claim that you have saved numerous lives with your actions. then you deserve nothing.

how will you actually save real lives of real people that is not involving sitting on a chair managing an advertising campaign. Come on reveal some real action that will occur as a result of the funds.

Is your head so thick that you would actually continue with this line of inquiry without doing prudent homework?  

Why in the world could you say: "no where have you at all described where the funds will be spent" after I clearly told you numerous times that the process is nowhere near there.  
I literally detailed it for you forward and backwards -- read it.

Franky1 it's time for your meds ...

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:30:55 AM

so there we have it,
the process is nowhere near there. 

your talking about grabbing money, making numerous posts about donations, fundraising, crowdfunding.. but you have not yet even got a plan on what you will actually do...

ha ha ha.. seriously, what an utter waste of muscle movement and brain matter you are performing right now. no one is, or should even pledge 1 satoshi to a cause that has not even planned a cause.

how about before even trying to talk about fundraising you go back to the drawing board and think about what the hell your "cause" will actually achieve.

anyone in the crowdfunding/charity scene know first hand that the first thing a cause should have is the concept.. what the target is...
THEN AND ONLY THEN, do they start to think about how to achieve it.

you are the one working backwards

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: