Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting post from post history (Multi-Deletion) !!!  (Read 3123 times)
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:16:49 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 10:47:44 AM by Muhammed Zakir

Hello! Please implement an option to delete posts from post history. It would be much easier for users to delete posts, if they want to delete many posts at once. Suggestions would be helpful! Smiley

~~MZ~~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:41:37 PM

Why would you want to delete posts from posts history?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:53:46 AM

Confused about this as well. What is the purpose? How is it different from deleting an individual's posts?
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:08:12 AM

Mainly, its not for me, I suggested in behalf of another user. Anyway, that doesn't matter. You will have to go through each thread if you delete posts individually but if an option to delete posts from history it would be much more easier. Some users like to delete their posts, so this would be a good option. Just suggested! Roll Eyes

Confused about this as well. What is the purpose? How is it different from deleting an individual's posts?

~~MZ~~

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:51:29 AM

Ok I get it
You mean deleting posts in a way that easily allows multi deletion
I thought you wanted to mess with the histories of posts that the forum will keep for each post

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:48:30 AM

Ok I get it
I thought you wanted to mess with the histories of posts that the forum will keep for each post

Yes! Sorry for not explaining correctly. I mean deleting from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=UID;sa=showPosts . For mine, it will be https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943;sa=showPosts  . I hope you understand correclty now. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:44:57 AM

Ok I get it

Yes! Sorry for not explaining correctly. I mean deleting from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=UID;sa=showPosts . For mine, it will be https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943;sa=showPosts  . I hope you understand correclty now. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Noted, thanks for clearing that up jackjack! Multi-deletion should be no problem.
hmmkay

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:16:03 AM

Posts should not be able to be deleted.
Editing should only be 'available' in a 24h timeframe with an exception for the topicstarter.

Especially in the speculation forum you have people deleting their posts because of wrong predictions/bets etc.
Pathetic.

Muhammed Zakir (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

Editing should only be 'available' in a 24h timeframe with an exception for the topicstarter.

Especially in the speculation forum you have people deleting their posts because of wrong predictions/bets etc.
Pathetic.

Wait for the ban... Grin If you make mistakes by posting an Off-Topic and you can't delete it , then you will be banned. Roll Eyes Recoverung deleted posts isn't a hard one. If there is a valid reason theymos will do it and BadBear(if he can, can he?). But I haven't seen such thing. Editing the post in 24 Hrs frame would be a worst idea. Like I said, if you make mistakes, it will be hard. And, eople are complaining about the post interval, if this is also implemented, they will start migrating to new forum. Roll Eyes

Note: No offense from my side. These are just my opinions. Smiley

~~MZ~~

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 09:37:16 AM

Pathetic.

That's an interesting point; maybe they could customize so that posts may not be modified in the gambling forum where people are placing bets? Not sure if this is doable or not, though, but I know that it can be made possible to delete multiple posts on a forum.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 11:14:29 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 11:40:03 AM by Muhammed Zakir

Pathetic.

That's an interesting point; maybe they could customize so that posts may not be modified in the gambling forum where people are placing bets? Not sure if this is doable or not, though, but I know that it can be made possible to delete multiple posts on a forum.

Multiple post is available here but in a different way than I suggested. User should go to the thread and select posts he want to delete and then click delete selected but it is only possible if the posts are in same page. It won't always happen. So the easiest way is to make that option in summary. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:22:31 AM

Obvious to post dump!!!11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: