Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove the Dust of 1 Satoshi Spam tx  (Read 2341 times)
Jacobit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:04:52 AM

What if the address already had a large number of small unspent outputs?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:28:13 AM

If I told you what those "specs of dust" will be worth one day, you wouldn't ask such a question.

Not much. If bitcoin should reach a price of US$50,000 that 1 satoshi will still only be worth US$ 0.0005.

So with a bitcoin price of even US$100,000 per coin that dust will still only be worth around a tenth of a cent.

Tell me, oh wise one, when 1 BTC = infinite US dollars, because fiat scrip no longer has any value, how much will one satoshi be worth then? Tough to say, isn't it?

Well, I don't know either, but I can guarantee it will be more than a tenth of a cent.

That makes no sense. Im not sure if you are even serious. Let's say 1 BTC = infinite US dollars. Then what can you buy with 1 BTC, the universe? it makes no sense.
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:43:30 AM

it looks like a transaction can never be removed, it is garbage.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 12:35:20 PM

-snip-

That makes no sense. Im not sure if you are even serious. Let's say 1 BTC = infinite US dollars. Then what can you buy with 1 BTC, the universe? it makes no sense.

"What you can buy with it" is not messured in US dollar. If 1 BTC = infinity US Dollar, it would mean that the US financial system collapsed and the US dollar is worth nothing. 1 BTC could buy you a club-mate maybe. It makes no sense, but for a different reason.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:41:10 PM

The unspent Satoshi are bloating the UTXO, which is bad for the network.

How can I get rid of my confirmed Satoshis?

Redirect them to this www.BitcoinDustBin.com

Then enjoy the rest of your day.

Smiley

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:48:39 PM

That script is for core wallet is there anything for blockchain users Huh i think blockchain should come up with something to stop them.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

If I told you what those "specs of dust" will be worth one day, you wouldn't ask such a question.

Not much. If bitcoin should reach a price of US$50,000 that 1 satoshi will still only be worth US$ 0.0005.

So with a bitcoin price of even US$100,000 per coin that dust will still only be worth around a tenth of a cent.

Tell me, oh wise one, when 1 BTC = infinite US dollars, because fiat scrip no longer has any value, how much will one satoshi be worth then? Tough to say, isn't it?

Well, I don't know either, but I can guarantee it will be more than a tenth of a cent.

You are taking his statement too literally. If 1 BTC = "infinite USD" then the dollar would not have any purchasing power and BTC would not necessarily be able to purchase additional goods/services.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: