Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin made rich just a few but it ruined many  (Read 9581 times)
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:53:52 PM

..and you expect thet somehow, some way, everyone at once becomes rich?! Smiley)) What a bullshit topic.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:15:14 PM

The decline in Bitcoin price is intentional manipulation.

Hedge Funds, Global Corporations, and yes even Governments are getting into Bitcoin. This isn't rumor this is fact.

These giant players may be new to Bitcoin, but they know how financial markets work. Simply put, they want to pay as little as possible per BTC, and they are going to make a fortune.

The BTC market is so thin it takes very little (in their world) to drive the price down.

Make no mistake that at this very moment companies like EBay, Amazon, and so on are in the process of suppressing the price of BTC, buying as much as they can, and holding. The money is nothing to them big picture wise.

Then when the announcement comes, the price will skyrocket, and they will have major supplies to slowly filter back onto the markets. 

As crazy as I sound, we're all really just waiting to hear the EBay (PayPal already on board and is owned by EBay) and Amazon (has already publicly said they find BTC interesting) announcement. Only a matter of time.

My last point, Amazon only runs a 1-2% profit margin. Yet they pay 2-4% in merchant fees for Visa/MC/Amex. Sales with BTC would double or triple their margin. That's huge. They would NEVER publicly talk about this, because they NEED Visa, Amex, and MC.... But they are thinking it.

Strato
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:35:23 PM

Strato

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 09:37:57 PM

Hedge Funds, Global Corporations, and yes even Governments are getting into Bitcoin. This isn't rumor this is fact.

These giant players may be new to Bitcoin, but they know how financial markets work. Simply put, they want to pay as little as possible per BTC, and they are going to make a fortune.

The BTC market is so thin it takes very little (in their world) to drive the price down.

Make no mistake that at this very moment companies like EBay, Amazon, and so on are in the process of suppressing the price of BTC, buying as much as they can, and holding. The money is nothing to them big picture wise.

Then when the announcement comes, the price will skyrocket, and they will have major supplies to slowly filter back onto the markets. 

As crazy as I sound, we're all really just waiting to hear the EBay (PayPal already on board and is owned by EBay) and Amazon (has already publicly said they find BTC interesting) announcement. Only a matter of time.

My last point, Amazon only runs a 1-2% profit margin. Yet they pay 2-4% in merchant fees for Visa/MC/Amex. Sales with BTC would double or triple their margin. That's huge. They would NEVER publicly talk about this, because they NEED Visa, Amex, and MC.... But they are thinking it.

Strato

While the stories remain murky, it's always best to temper your trades with some TA. Believing in stories true or not is dangerous.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 09:40:16 PM

@NotLambchop What the heck is that? Wait, I know, some guy in King's Cross was handing it out? :-P

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:40:57 PM

What is true is that for big money, crypto as it is now is not attractive at all. Why make some of the current crowd rich?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:45:52 PM

@NotLambchop What the heck is that? Wait, I know, some guy in King's Cross was handing it out? :-P

http://www.angels-heaven.org/  <==100% true!
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:17:23 PM

The question is, if you invest now, will you be the one making huge profits or lose money Wink
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:38:19 PM

What is true is that for big money, crypto as it is now is not attractive at all. Why make some of the current crowd rich?

... the same as has it been always, fear of missing out and greed trumps envy.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:21:25 AM

Because they would like to enter a market without trumping these fools first? You are very naive.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:49:29 AM

Because they would like to enter a market without trumping these fools first? You are very naive.

... mmm, probably.

But where were you when the fools and the naive were building things that could make the world a better place? Slumming it with the godlike, oh-so-wise big money supposedly?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:52:48 AM

By a large margin, most bitcoins mined are not sold on exchanges. They are held. Most of the money on exchanges never saw a bitcoin wallet, they are only cash-in, cash-out traders. People that know Bitcoin, know that it is worth far more than gamblers about its future. Gamblers don't know anything about exponential growth. They only know how to bet on single digit margins, not two or three digit margins. They will still be playing single digit margins after they miss out on the next double or triple digit jump. That's just what they do.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pai Mei

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:40:19 AM

just do better than byuing and hodling and you probably won't lose even if the hodlers are ruined

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:55:45 AM

By a large margin, most bitcoins mined are not sold on exchanges. They are held. Most of the money on exchanges never saw a bitcoin wallet, they are only cash-in, cash-out traders. People that know Bitcoin, know that it is worth far more than gamblers about its future. Gamblers don't know anything about exponential growth. They only know how to bet on single digit margins, not two or three digit margins. They will still be playing single digit margins after they miss out on the next double or triple digit jump. That's just what they do.

+1  Although I believe the dynamics of held vs sold mined coins was as you suggest, but is quickly becoming, if not already, no longer.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:17:27 AM

Fair enough points Wobber
It is a losing position currently that does not mean that it has to be in the future
Look forward to tommorrow and hope it doesnt bring destruction with it ^^

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:19:54 AM

I'm learning a lot from you, brother. Very interesting

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:03:05 AM

By a large margin, most bitcoins mined are not sold on exchanges. They are held.
I like the idea, but how do you know? Do have some proof?

Most of the money on exchanges never saw a bitcoin wallet, they are only cash-in, cash-out traders.
Agree!

People that know Bitcoin, know that it is worth far more than gamblers about its future.
I really hope so, because my bank account is showing triple digit fiat figures lately.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:15:11 AM

By a large margin, most bitcoins mined are not sold on exchanges. They are held.

Unless you see millions of bitcoins trading somewhere that I don't, I'll have someone add them to the charts. Last I saw somewhere, bitcoin days destroyed was far less than 10% which means that even if every bitcoin that changed addresses was sold, it still wouldn't be much. I would guess that less than 2% are exchanged. If you bring Mt Gox into the calculation, then it's really far less than 2%.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

Unless you see millions of bitcoins trading somewhere that I don't, I'll have someone add them to the charts. Last I saw somewhere, bitcoin days destroyed was far less than 10% which means that even if every bitcoin that changed addresses was sold, it still wouldn't be much. I would guess that less than 2% are exchanged. If you bring Mt Gox into the calculation, then it's really far less than 2%.

Not sure what Bitcoin days destroyed has to do with newly minted coins being sold?

I too believe that the majority are held but the increasing number of transactions leads me to believe a good amount are changing hands off exchange

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:32:50 AM

Not sure what Bitcoin days destroyed has to do with newly minted coins being sold?

I too believe that the majority are held but the increasing number of transactions leads me to believe a good amount are changing hands off exchange
Newly minted coins should be distributed. They could account for daily volume, but not much more. As far as off exchange trading goes, they have little bearing on price because we only have exchanges to report that. Dark pool trading is a game as much as open trading. I don't see the point to doing it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: