Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turning to this community for help..  (Read 748 times)
quagmire (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:51:47 PM

A little background, I've been following bitcoins for the last year or so, I've only ever mined litecoins (nowhere near the equipment needed to mine Bitcoins). I've lurked here on and off, and just today decided to register an account.

Why?

I'm desperate.  (not that one would need to be to register an account, but in my case..)

I have a family of 5 to support, and up until last year I had done a decent job of supporting us. Early last year I was laid off from my job of 4 years (installing Cable TV).  Fortunately, I was able to find work quickly doing some Java programming for a small health care software company - this lasted ~6 months when the owner decided he no longer wanted to work, but would rather cash out and leave.  I was able to find part time work to try and make ends meet, and slowly sunk deeper and deeper into debt. Last month, I was able to find a great full time job.  Happy ending, right? Not so fast.. In the few months I was working part time, we got behind on quite a few of our bills. At this point, we are living somewhere below "paycheck to paycheck", as in, the bank account is in the red every week, which leads to fees, which lead to more fees and so on.

So what am I looking for?  Pretty much anything anyone can spare. We are slowly getting back on our feet, but until we get some kind of boost we are never going to get ahead. I'm willing to provide any proof of our situation if needed (hell, I'll even take a pic with a shoe on my head if it helps.. ).

What can I do to give back?  Honestly I have no idea. I'm a decent Java programmer, have experience with Linux, SQL, PHP, a little photoshop/gimp experience - I'm sort of a IT jack of all trades.  Anything I can do to help. As far as paying back, we are expecting an inheritance of ~5000 USD at some point in the next 2-3 months, but things are tied up in probate court and I have no way of knowing exactly when everything will be released. 

Thanks for your time and advise/suggestions/donations

Also, I know I'm 100% new here, and an absolutely aware that nobody owes me the time of day, let alone anything else. I've turned to family, traditional banks, selling everything we own of value but there's nothing left.

my BTC address is:  1B1Wkd9VAiX7in9iSmzkk6o94cz5EN5k5Y

Thanks again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

Not to tear you apart or anything, But we see these REALLY often, And i couldnt help but embolden two parts that made my brain "tick"

A little background, I've been following bitcoins for the last year or so, I've only ever mined litecoins (nowhere near the equipment needed to mine Bitcoins). I've lurked here on and off, and just today decided to register an account.

Why?

I'm desperate.  (not that one would need to be to register an account, but in my case..)

I have a family of 5 to support, and up until last year I had done a decent job of supporting us. Early last year I was laid off from my job of 4 years (installing Cable TV).  Fortunately, I was able to find work quickly doing some Java programming for a small health care software company - this lasted ~6 months when the owner decided he no longer wanted to work, but would rather cash out and leave.  I was able to find part time work to try and make ends meet, and slowly sunk deeper and deeper into debt. Last month, I was able to find a great full time job.  Happy ending, right? Not so fast.. In the few months I was working part time, we got behind on quite a few of our bills. At this point, we are living somewhere below "paycheck to paycheck", as in, the bank account is in the red every week, which leads to fees, which lead to more fees and so on.

So what am I looking for?  Pretty much anything anyone can spare. We are slowly getting back on our feet, but until we get some kind of boost we are never going to get ahead. I'm willing to provide any proof of our situation if needed (hell, I'll even take a pic with a shoe on my head if it helps.. ).

What can I do to give back?  Honestly I have no idea. I'm a decent Java programmer, have experience with Linux, SQL, PHP, a little photoshop/gimp experience - I'm sort of a IT jack of all trades.  Anything I can do to help. As far as paying back, we are expecting an inheritance of ~5000 USD at some point in the next 2-3 months, but things are tied up in probate court and I have no way of knowing exactly when everything will be released.  

Thanks for your time and advise/suggestions/donations

Also, I know I'm 100% new here, and an absolutely aware that nobody owes me the time of day, let alone anything else. I've turned to family, traditional banks, selling everything we own of value but there's nothing left.

my BTC address is:  1B1Wkd9VAiX7in9iSmzkk6o94cz5EN5k5Y

Thanks again!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 04:58:00 PM

I think I got this in my email the other day. Send me money my inheritance is coming anytime!

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:02:47 PM

I remember our old MilkMan (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63662.0) .
quagmire (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:50:32 PM

Yeah, I was a little frustrated and ended up posting that. Just went for a nice walk to clear the head and re-read it.. yeah it reads like a email from a Nigerian prince. A bunch of things came to a head this morning and it ultimately lead to that.  At the end of the day, all these issues are mine to deal with.
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 11:36:31 PM

Why don't you try offering your services in the marketplace?

EDIT: I dont even know why I'm writing a serious reply to this topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: