Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Coins By Keeping Your Wallet Open  (Read 3114 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

I am not sure if I am just mistaken, but I am pretty sure I have heard people talking about how they mine coins through their wallet.

When you are connected to a coin network through your wallet, are you mining? Or are there certain coins that can be mined this way? Or is this not a thing at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

I am not sure if I am just mistaken, but I am pretty sure I have heard people talking about how they mine coins through their wallet.

When you are connected to a coin network through your wallet, are you mining? Or are their certain coins that can be mined this way? Or is this not a thing at all?

This is true only for PoS (proof-of-stake) or PoS/PoW hybrid coins.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

When you are connected to a coin network through your wallet, are you mining? Or are their certain coins that can be mined this way? Or is this not a thing at all?

This is true only for PoS (proof-of-stake) or PoS/PoW hybrid coins.

Ok. Thanks. I am going to try to find a list of coins.  If anyone has one, post it here.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

I just looked up PoS coins and it says you have to have coins already for it to work. I am pretty sure there are coins that you can mine by having an open wallet with 0 coins in it. One time I had an empty Devcoin wallet open for like a month, and 150,000 DVC appeared in it one day.

bee7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:21:25 PM

I don't know to what extent it is up to date:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458726.0
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

I don't know to what extent it is up to date:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458726.0

Awesome, thanks.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:24:08 PM

I haven't used coins in over 6 months, but I just started writing for Devtome again. Now that I know about this, I am going to use my DVC to get some PoS coins and just keep my wallets open.

bee7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

I just looked up PoS coins and it says you have to have coins already for it to work. I am pretty sure there are coins that you can mine by having an open wallet with 0 coins in it.
Take your chance - find it.

One time I had an empty Devcoin wallet open for like a month, and 150,000 DVC appeared in it one day.
I have no idea why this happened.... May be you wrote something for them in the past?

I haven't used coins in over 6 months, but I just started writing for Devtome again. Now that I know about this, I am going to use my DVC to get some PoS coins and just keep my wallets open.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:28:14 PM

I just looked up PoS coins and it says you have to have coins already for it to work. I am pretty sure there are coins that you can mine by having an open wallet with 0 coins in it.
Take your chance - find it.

One time I had an empty Devcoin wallet open for like a month, and 150,000 DVC appeared in it one day.
I have no idea why this happened.... May be you wrote something for them in the past?

I had written for them, but I don't think they would have had a reason to pay me at the time. Maybe views. I'm not sure.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:31:36 PM

This is a great thread if you want to invest in high interest PoS coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.0 (CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:31:58 PM

Does anyone else use their coins for things? I know a lot of people like to just trade coins for coins, then eventually take out money.

But I am just wondering if there are any other people out there that use their earnings to buy books (I do), or to fund a Garden (I do), or to make Youtube videos (I do). Or anything else like that. Like, using coins to fund things that have the potential to be something else, even if it ends up not being related to coins.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:33:02 PM

This is a great thread if you want to invest in high interest PoS coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.0 (CrazyLoaf's CrazySteak(TM) High PoS Investment Journal)

Thanks. I am going to be able to get a good start on this.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:34:52 PM

When you are connected to a coin network through your wallet, are you mining? Or are there certain coins that can be mined this way? Or is this not a thing at all?

Name:    Bitcoin-hotep
Activity:    280
Position:    Sr. Member

WOW !

Good god you have been talking that much and you just asked now ?

see guys THIS is why Noobs should be safely ignored when they spout off like experts around here LOL

and yeah 99% of any wallet for any coin ever made has built in mining *if you turn it on via console or conf file with gen = 1
this is day one shit bro LOL  Roll Eyes

i swear you guys are going to force me to wear out the roll eyes emoticon here to a faint worn out circle hahaha

can we get a face Palm emoticon please i have asked many times.. we need some new ones specific for Altcoins Smiley

FUD first & ask questions later™
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

Name:    Bitcoin-hotep
Activity:    280
Position:    Sr. Member

WOW !

Good god you have been talking that much and you just asked now ?

see guys THIS is why Noobs should be safely ignored when they spout off like experts around here LOL

and yeah 99% of any wallet for any coin ever made has built in mining *if you turn it on via console or conf file with gen = 1
this is day one shit bro LOL  Roll Eyes

i swear you guys are going to force me to wear out the roll eyes emoticon here to a faint worn out circle hahaha

can we get a face Palm emoticon please i have asked many times.. we need some new ones specific for Altcoins Smiley

Lol

Anyone paying attention, THIS is the problem with Bitcoin. The users are way to obsessed with coins, and don't realize that eventually EVERYONE has to get involved (even the people that are not obsessed with coins) if this is going to sustain itself into the future.

I became a coiner because I write a lot and was invited to post my books on Devtome. I did not come here because I am a computer person.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

I think it is hilarious that someone posted code at me trying to prove that something is "day 1". That basically makes the whole point, I didn't really need to post the last post.

The whole world is not a bunch of computer programmers. And this is probably why Bitcoin has dropped to $300. Shitty attitude towards regular people.

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Some wallets have a mining feature, I noticed, but I have no idea how to use it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

Some wallets have a mining feature, I noticed, but I have no idea how to use it.

You are a sinner according to the Bitcoin commandments or whatever that guy that posted before was following.

Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

Mining Coins By Keeping Your Wallet Open is bullshit, go for a real coin and mine it man Wink
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:58:04 PM

Mining Coins By Keeping Your Wallet Open is bullshit, go for a real coin and mine it man Wink

I have been using Bitcoins for 2 years or more now, and I still don't understand mining. I have a Bitcoin Block Erupter, but I tried the instructions in the link below and the first link just wouldn't open after I downloaded. And I got the 7-zip for whatever.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220450.msg2321308#msg2321308

MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:09:25 PM

Maieuticoin allows staking this way, but it's Minting, not Mining. You earn .96% of your balance weekly

There is also an option to stake through the mainnet cloud if you don't want to run a client. Over 60% of the network is enrolled in Offline Staking, so the network is also very, very secure from attack

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: