Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you still think that bitcoin is a scam  (Voting closed: November 01, 2014, 02:57:30 AM)
YES absolutely - 6 (14%)
no - 12 (27.9%)
the OP is a scam - 10 (23.3%)
the OP is not a scam, just plain stupid - 15 (34.9%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin a scam ?  (Read 2882 times)
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:57:30 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:22:45 AM

Bitcoin, the USD, the EUR, LTC, DOGE, all coins are a scam except "bluefirecorp coin". Best coin on the market. Get yours at the amazing price of $200 per coin.

hakkzpets2

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:51:12 AM

Why are you thinking like that?
QuantumLeap

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:53:55 AM

Most would think it is a scam if you don't have any bitcoins. I bet your perception would change if you have 10,000 bitcoins.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:19:15 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 04:36:28 AM by Decksperiment

Actually, bitcoin itself is not a scam, shame about the users

As I see it, if I was a country as big as america or as small as the uk, and realised I gave my gold away along with everything else, then realised my money was useless, I'd first put people off gold, by claiming it's useless, then start an online crypto currency, so that folks take the gold they were told is useless in the 21st century and sell it back to me for my useless paper, to buy crypto, if that dont work, they'll put it into the crypto, thinking they'll get more of my trash cash, either way, I get rid of my trash cash, that aint worth anything, and collect all the gold people deserted, thinking the internet will last longer than gold. Gold will last forever, the net? Only as long as.. The tree's are running out quicker than you think..
oyvinds

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:23:26 AM

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Big holders who bought cheap and are looking to offload who say "Buy BTC because it will surely go to the moon" knowing full well that they have 20.000 more BTC to sell and that they will probably have to sell down to $100 before getting rid of everything is doing something that is.. borderline scam.

Bitcoin itself is just a currency and a payment network, calling these things a scam is just stupid.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:30:25 AM

Can you pls add one more voting option to the poll :- " This Post is stupid " or OP :p
Bitcoin itself is a protocol designed to fight the centralized financial system, and I'm sure you know that.
 I don't understand why you call it scam , Just because the price is going  down at the moment, so that mean you are judging the legitimacy based on how much worth it has compared to fiat, totally absurd.

thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:06:24 AM

I like the concept of bitcoin , but don't think its a scam. And I hardly hold more than 0.5 btc at a time. So even if the price is 100$ it hardly matters. All that matters is what is the price at the time I use it, and I buy it to only use it, not hold on to it till price rises. Thats trading.

vm89

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:45:19 AM

Yay! finally someone discovered this!. Serious replies here although the OP "voting options" clearly says it's a joke...
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:21:54 AM

Can you pls add one more voting option to the poll :- " This Post is stupid " or OP :p
Bitcoin itself is a protocol designed to fight the centralized financial system, and I'm sure you know that.
 I don't understand why you call it scam , Just because the price is going  down at the moment, so that mean you are judging the legitimacy based on how much worth it has compared to fiat, totally absurd.

done

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:31:02 AM

Short answer is no.

Long answer depend on how you see the world.
SikoSoft

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:42:49 AM

No Bitcoin itself is not a scam.

However, many of the players within the Bitcoin industry are scammers (miners, exchanges, etc).
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:47:07 AM

The problem is not the bitcoin protocol , the problem are the producers of the asic hardware ( they remove the *decentralization* .... ).

PS: this is my opinion
Orangina

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:52:59 AM

I see all in Bitcoin but "scam" isn't one of them mate  Wink
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:03:33 AM

Thats just like asking if dollar or euro was a scam. Or if your chair was a scam... Plain stupidity, a currency itself can not be a scam, nor can a physical item; what makes something a scam is the users.
Users with bad intentions are making BTC look bad. Good that they are minority and most people trust BTC.
Clegg

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:43:24 AM

No, bitcoin is not a scam, but the question we should be asking here is is noobtrader a troll? The answer to that would be yes.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:51:34 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Are you a scam?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:03:37 AM

Yes, everything is scam.

You say, Ivan:
"CAN INVEST IN BITCOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST LITECOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST DOGE?"
No, is also scam.

NMC IS SCAM.
PPC IS SCAM.
FTC IS SCAM.
QUARK IS SCAM.
USD IS SCAM.

EVEN SCAM IS SCAM.

EVERYTHING IS SCAM!

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:16:55 AM

Yes, everything is scam.

You say, Ivan:
"CAN INVEST IN BITCOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST LITECOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST DOGE?"
No, is also scam.

NMC IS SCAM.
PPC IS SCAM.
FTC IS SCAM.
QUARK IS SCAM.
USD IS SCAM.

EVEN SCAM IS SCAM.

EVERYTHING IS SCAM!
Grin
sense... its the thing which you doesnt make
 Wink

Unkle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Yes, everything is scam.

You say, Ivan:
"CAN INVEST IN BITCOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST LITECOIN?"
No, is scam.

"CAN INVEST DOGE?"