Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made a deposit at Circle 5 hours ago and still nothing  (Read 2875 times)
Holysmoke (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:49:40 AM

Not even an authorization from my credit card, not an email, not a denial.........  Just nothing but a timestamp in my transaction log.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Midwestbitcoiner

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:51:25 AM

Cirle had delays yesterday also, and after about 8 hours, I got my btc.  May want to hang tight.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:55:08 AM

It can take some time other times its almost instant.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:17:04 AM

I bought from them twice today, once about 2 hours ago with no delays.

Maybe it is a problem with a particular credit card or bank?
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:23:52 AM

Not even an authorization from my credit card, not an email, not a denial.........  Just nothing but a timestamp in my transaction log.

I believe they actually tell you right away if the CC transaction did not go through. It is my understanding they will try to charge your CC right away to make sure the CC # is valid and will allow the transaction to authorize.

The only explanation to this would be that you attempted the transaction in the middle of the night (for circle) and they will process it when their working hours resume.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:28:16 AM

Is Circle actually an elaborate scam? How do they make their money?

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:03:59 AM

there are many ways to make money and claim there are no fees

take 3 exchanges
itbit $390
bitstamp $387
btc-e 384

lets say someone wants to sell bitcoins. they will be shown btc-e's price and buy 1BTC off that customer for 384.
lets say someone wants to buy bitcoins. they will be shown itbit's price and sell 1BTC to that other customer for 390.

thus the prices are in range of expectations. they have not mentioned adding on any fee ontop of exchange prices. and they keet $6 for that transaction between 2 customers.

this is why i laugh at people moaning about fee's... bitcoin is naturally volatile with prices moving all the time, a fee is meaning less when you realise the movement movements behind the scenes are profitable.

the other method, which i prefer. is where they are not even trading with exchanges but have private fiat and private bitcoin investors and circile just match makes profitable trades and takes a cut from the private investor, not the retail customer.

there is a whole list of ways to arbitrade trades for hidden profit.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chenka563

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:14:48 AM

Please check the block information and contact the site administrator.good luck. encounter a similar situation, a day later to solve .but not  at Circle

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:46:44 AM

They must be getting absolutely inundated with enquiry after the launch. Let's all try to be a little patient however frustrating it is at times

Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:16:06 AM

there are many ways to make money and claim there are no fees

take 3 exchanges
itbit $390
bitstamp $387
btc-e 384

lets say someone wants to sell bitcoins. they will be shown btc-e's price and buy 1BTC off that customer for 384.
lets say someone wants to buy bitcoins. they will be shown itbit's price and sell 1BTC to that other customer for 390.

thus the prices are in range of expectations. they have not mentioned adding on any fee ontop of exchange prices. and they keet $6 for that transaction between 2 customers.

this is why i laugh at people moaning about fee's... bitcoin is naturally volatile with prices moving all the time, a fee is meaning less when you realise the movement movements behind the scenes are profitable.

the other method, which i prefer. is where they are not even trading with exchanges but have private fiat and private bitcoin investors and circile just match makes profitable trades and takes a cut from the private investor, not the retail customer.

there is a whole list of ways to arbitrade trades for hidden profit.

Interesting. I am finding it almost impossible to buy bitcoin up in Canada without paying huge fees. $404.38us to buy a bitcoin compared to BTC-E of $376.16us
If i could get them "cheaper" i might grab a few for a longer term investment.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:52:45 AM

At one point this morning I decided to compare the price of Coinbase and Circle, if I were to purchase from either at that exact moment.
With all fees included, Coinbase was cheaper than Circle, in spite of their "no fee" claim.

Just to be clear, I still think Circle is awesome. I'm just stating the facts of my comparison.
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

At one point this morning I decided to compare the price of Coinbase and Circle, if I were to purchase from either at that exact moment.
With all fees included, Coinbase was cheaper than Circle, in spite of their "no fee" claim.

Just to be clear, I still think Circle is awesome. I'm just stating the facts of my comparison.
I found that after all fees and markup, Circle with with a linked bank account is the cheapest. My latest test here:

Holysmoke (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:30:20 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 08:54:20 PM by Holysmoke

money was deposited

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: