Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:59:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $31000 to spend on bitcoin need advice  (Read 1347 times)
Blazin604 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

Hey guys I got some spare change to throw into Bitcoin...i am wondering if I should wait the rest of this month out to see what happens. How low will the price go before it changes course and heads in the upwards direction?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:00:56 AM

spend $1k a day. imo,etc etc.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:05:30 AM

Don't panic buy, whatever you do. There will be plenty of time to get 'cheap' coins well into next year. Maybe buy a little here and there, until a clear reversal is apparent, then buy more in bulk.

Watch out for the pyscho bulltrolls who will tell you dont miss the train, buy now or die, 10K by christmas, or some other batshit crazy sales pitch.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:21:22 AM

Hey guys I got some spare change to throw into Bitcoin...i am wondering if I should wait the rest of this month out to see what happens. How low will the price go before it changes course and heads in the upwards direction?

this is the perfect time to buy, the price is being pushed artificially low right now.
you can exploit the stupidity of whoever is selling right now and buy at a very cheap price.
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:22:21 AM

this is the perfect time to buy, the price is being pushed artificially low right now.
you can exploit the stupidity of whoever is selling right now and buy at a very cheap price.

Exhibit A
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:23:48 AM

Average it out over a few months and you will do well.
redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:25:41 AM

The price is being artificially pushed low right now because no self respecting, intelligent person would EVER sell their Bitcoins. Its clearly the work of manipulative whales, a theory of which I base on absolutely nothing.

*puts tinfoil hat on*
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

The price is being artificially pushed low right now because no self respecting, intelligent person would EVER sell their Bitcoins. Its clearly the work of manipulative whales, a theory of which I base on absolutely nothing.

*puts tinfoil hat on*

all the signs are pointing to it.
the price started to suddenly drop out of nowhere and simultaneously a bunch of new bears appeared here and started spreading FUD all day.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:30:39 AM

You are insane. The price is TANKING! Wait on it, and you'll see how low it really goes.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:40:31 AM

spend $1k a day. imo,etc etc.

My advice is that it's better to be too early to the party than too late.  I'd consider how low you think it could go in the short term. Historically, Bitcoin has always bounced off of previous ATH's to begin a new rally.  I don't see any reason for that trend not to continue, seeing how we've actually had a lot of good news this year regarding new merchant adoption and ventures that haven't even happened yet.

With that said I don't expect it would dip below the previous ATH ($266?).  Although it's just as possible that we're finding a bottom this week.  Anything can happen.

With that said, beware of anyone who tells you to beware of bulls who are think we could hit $10,000 before the end of the year.  Literally, anything is possible.  Including $10,000.  Look at the 4 year chart and tell me why it's NOT possible

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:08:05 AM

My rough guess would be:

25% chance 340
40% chance 300
20% chance 270
10% chance 200
5% chance 100

so buy some now and more later if it keeps going down.

Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:17:38 AM

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it. I really don't understand why the price keeps falling. Theoretically it won't be able to fall below a certain point because haven't most of the early adopters confirmed that they won't sell?

Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:24:30 AM

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it. I really don't understand why the price keeps falling. Theoretically it won't be able to fall below a certain point because haven't most of the early adopters confirmed that they won't sell?

The price isn't falling for any fundamental reason, it's just the end of the bear market... most likely.  No one knows for sure, and at least half the posts here in the speculation forum are ppl who are biased with their own agenda but based on my TA and EW knowledge I would guess theres a good chance well see the price go below the 340 low in April... theres a good chance we see the low 300s, but at the same time you should never try to catch the bottom, most of the time you'll get burned.  I would pick a few target buy in prices and invest a percentage of your money at each point.  Of course you may never see those prices if you get too aggressive and go low.  If you believe in the fundamentals and future of bitcoin, buying in at 300 vs. 350 doesn't matter that much because either way you'll have a great return on your investment.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:31:10 AM

lol they have been selling... this is why price is dropping.

after giving this some thought myself, i think a good way to take a position in bitcoin right now, would be to buy just little bits at a time when price is slipping or crashes (place bids, don't go chasing price when its bouncing up from a drop), at one point it will bottom, and an uptrend will materialize, then you'll want to take the rest of your position FAST as to not be crashing price up.

hopefully this bitcoin thing isnt a bottomless pit.  Cheesy

good luck.

RockHound

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:54:01 AM

First - Register/verify an account on an exchange that you trust (eg Bitstamp, Kraken) asap

Second - Fund your exchange

- this process combined can take up to 1-2 weeks to complete

Third - Set a Limit Order to buy either at/around market spot or lower.

Fourth - If you also have spare time to throw into Bitcoin - think of ways to increase your BTC holdings (you will need to do this to negate price volatility - plus the more you have, the better) eg. Become a Seller on Localbitcoins; Sell high / Buy low cycle on your exchange (or better still, exchanges); Use your BTC to buy other commodities, then sell them for more BTC.
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:03:17 AM

buy $100 worth per day for the next 310 days if you are itching to buy in that 31k

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:15:27 AM

First - Register/verify an account on an exchange that you trust (eg Bitstamp, Kraken) asap

Second - Fund your exchange

- this process combined can take up to 1-2 weeks to complete

Third - Set a Limit Order to buy either at/around market spot or lower.

Fourth - If you also have spare time to throw into Bitcoin - think of ways to increase your BTC holdings (you will need to do this to negate price volatility - plus the more you have, the better) eg. Become a Seller on Localbitcoins; Sell high / Buy low cycle on your exchange (or better still, exchanges); Use your BTC to buy other commodities, then sell them for more BTC.

good advice except for fourth - don't, you will have much more bitcoins that way. unless you are some kind of trading genius, then you don't need any advice. 90% lose in daytrading.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: