Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust System - How does it work ??  (Read 894 times)
RappelzReborn (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:41:37 PM

I still don't understand this trust system , when someone have 3 Trusted Feedback , we will see Trust : 3 on his profile with green ? sometimes people have trusted Feedback and it's red ? I really don't get anything from it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:42:51 PM

You may want to read about DefaultTrust (and its weaknesses)

Obviously, if you haven't changed your trust list already, the green/red ones are those given by the members on the DefaultTrust list.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

You may want to read about DefaultTrust (and its weaknesses)

Obviously, if you haven't changed your trust list already, the green/red ones are those given by the members on the DefaultTrust list.

Still don't understand , could you link me please ?
& when people say "Positive feedback" (when they sell accounts ) does it mean Green ? or just Trusted Feedback on their profile

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

& when people say "Positive feedback" (when they sell accounts ) does it mean Green ? or just Trusted Feedback on their profile

You can see the DefaultTrust list on your own trust settings page

Only Trusted Feedback is used in the counters. Untrusted isn't accounted for AFAIK, at least totals not displayed.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

Only Trusted Feedback is used in the counters. Untrusted isn't accounted for AFAIK, at least totals not displayed.

Oh , so I get Green/Red when the users on the "DefaultTrust" List gives me Feedback ? I see .
and what about my other question please ? when people say "Positive feedback" (when they sell accounts ) does it mean Green ? or just Trusted Feedback on their profile

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:54:55 PM

Oh , so I get Green/Red when the users on the "DefaultTrust" List gives me Feedback ? I see .
and what about my other question please ? when people say "Positive feedback" (when they sell accounts ) does it mean Green ? or just Trusted Feedback on their profile

I guess they should mention the DefaultTrust list when they're selling it, otherwise it could be any kind of positive feedback, so I would ask about it first. Also, if the resale of that account were to be exposed, the (negative) trust settings of other people and/or changes on the DefaultTrust list caused by the removal of that account by the parent account for inherited trust settings could all lead to a brutal change to the red of the trust rating of that account.

tl;dr: don't get caught if the feedback is from Trusted Members, assuming you care about DefaultTrust (which is on by default AFAIK)
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:57:47 PM

I guess they should mention the DefaultTrust list when they're selling it, otherwise it could be any kind of positive feedback, so I would ask about it first. Also, if the resale of that account were to be exposed, the (negative) trust settings of other people and/or changes on the DefaultTrust list caused by the removal of that account by the parent account for inherited trust settings could all lead to a brutal change to the red of the trust rating of that account.

tl;dr: don't get caught if the feedback is from Trusted Members, assuming you care about DefaultTrust (which is on by default thought AFAIK)

I see , Alright . I would like to thank you so much mate , love you  Kiss
& sorry if I wasted your time

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:59:05 PM

No worries mate, cheers
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:45:33 AM

Some additional info here, even if you have some trusted positive feedback, you may not have a green trust score.

For example, hilariousandco has a trusted positive feedback but has a black trust score 0: -0 / +1(1)

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:19:26 AM

Some additional info here, even if you have some trusted positive feedback, you may not have a green trust score.

For example, hilariousandco has a trusted positive feedback but has a black trust score 0: -0 / +1(1)

I got that now , thank you Cheesy both of you guys

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: