Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: http://www.pyramining.com/ - Discussion thread (no advertising here)  (Read 318068 times)
pyramining (OP)

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:06:55 AM

This raises the question how backups are handled.

Are all Account informations and the Wallet backed up on a regular basis?

Of course. Database and wallet.dat are exported and backed up hourly, keeping several copies (several > 50). Whole server is backed up daily. Sources are managed with GIT on a private repository. The repository is backed up on a daily basis too. The only thing I didn't spend much time on was backing up reliably the blockchain because it can be downloaded anytime. However I see it's taking a lot of time, so I am planning reliable backups of it, too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:09:57 AM

This raises the question how backups are handled.

Are all Account informations and the Wallet backed up on a regular basis?

Of course. Database and wallet.dat are exported and backed up hourly, keeping several copies (several > 50). Whole server is backed up daily. Sources are managed with GIT on a private repository. The repository is backed up on a daily basis too. The only thing I didn't spend much time on was backing up reliably the blockchain because it can be downloaded anytime. However I see it's taking a lot of time, so I am planning reliable backups of it, too.

Thx. I had wondered if it where different. But you wouldn't believe, what stupid mistakes some people that should now better sometimes do.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
symbot

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Nobody accepts bitcoin on the moon.

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

I already reported the problem on the 0.7.1 thread ( here ). I did the upgrade with confidence because I never experienced any problems in doing it until now. Next time I will do several tests before upgrading again. Also I am going to take a backup of the sane blockchain after it finishes to download it again, so should it happen again for any reason, I will not need to download it entirely.

Currently, backups of the blockchain have been done without stopping the bitcoind process and it seems that it leads to integrity problems. The problem doesn't apply to the wallet.dat because I export it with the dedicated command before backing it up.

This sounds like it has been a huge headache for you.  As an investor, I really appreciate all your hard work to get the website back up & running.
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:34:24 AM

I already reported the problem on the 0.7.1 thread ( here ). I did the upgrade with confidence because I never experienced any problems in doing it until now. Next time I will do several tests before upgrading again. Also I am going to take a backup of the sane blockchain after it finishes to download it again, so should it happen again for any reason, I will not need to download it entirely.

Currently, backups of the blockchain have been done without stopping the bitcoind process and it seems that it leads to integrity problems. The problem doesn't apply to the wallet.dat because I export it with the dedicated command before backing it up.

This sounds like it has been a huge headache for you.  As an investor, I really appreciate all your hard work to get the website back up & running.

+1

pyramining (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:00:15 PM

Web service restored, blockchain data backed up. :-)
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:17:34 PM

nicely done Smiley

pyromaniac

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:27:37 PM

Web service restored, blockchain data backed up. :-)
Good news!  Cheesy
Do you know, how soon ASICs will be available? Will they come out earlier than BFL to get more profit with current difficulty?

Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:49:57 PM

he stated ~3 months or so if all goes as planned a few posts ago..

pyramining (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:10:04 PM

Do you know, how soon ASICs will be available? Will they come out earlier than BFL to get more profit with current difficulty?

Since I don't know when BFL releases, I can't say if we will come out before or after. And your question has not much sense: of course we will try to be ready as fast as possible. As I already stated, our units will be ready between december and january. Difficulty will rise so fast and there are so many pre-orders out there that when ASICs will become available, nobody will get "huge profits". Of course the first ones will have a slightly higher profit at first, but it will be for a short time and I don't think it will be that great.
pyra-proxy

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 07:29:28 PM

Would it be possible to add a check box or something in the accounts page to force pay-outs to have the 0.00001111 formatted ending so that people with linked accounts could start early investment into pyramining asics?  Perhaps even set this as the default behavior at some point (if we aren't there already) as it becomes economically infeasible to buy new fpga hardware?

btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:34:39 AM

Would it be possible to add a check box or something in the accounts page to force pay-outs to have the 0.00001111 formatted ending so that people with linked accounts could start early investment into pyramining asics?  Perhaps even set this as the default behavior at some point (if we aren't there already) as it becomes economically infeasible to buy new fpga hardware?
For anyone with a "normal" account that doesn't feed directly into another pyramining account it's not a problem. As well I know that historically pyramining has tried to minimize the account changes that can be made with a compromised login as it simplifies a lot of the security practices. Maybe some way to authorize changes with the secret key of the payout address?
pyra-proxy

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:33:05 AM

For anyone with a "normal" account that doesn't feed directly into another pyramining account it's not a problem. As well I know that historically pyramining has tried to minimize the account changes that can be made with a compromised login as it simplifies a lot of the security practices. Maybe some way to authorize changes with the secret key of the payout address?

This is a pretty non-impacting change because there is only a tiny group of people could be effected.. those persons who 1) revealed their deposit address, 2) have linked accounts, 3)opposed to investing in the asic upgrade for whatever their reason

And even then the damage is rather limited especially if pyramining delivers the asic upgrade on time or even early.  But I do see the need to keep these accounts with very few to no bells and whistles.

Monkey1

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:39:33 PM

I am sure that as soon as ASICs hit, he will stop investing in FPGA and everything will go into ASICs.  Therefore, those with linked accounts (me included) will simply buy ASIC equipment with our newly invested BTC.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 12:51:18 AM

I just want to emphasize one thing: the "breakeven" and "complete reward" expected times that now are around 13 / 14 months, are based on CURRENT active mining infrastructure vs current difficulty. They don't take in consideration the new scenario with ASICs. When ASIC infrastructure will be added, I expect that they will shorten a lot (even if difficulty will hugely increase).

I would like to emphasise that the break even point quoted is only if you leave your investment and dont get any referals.  I reached break even in approx 6 weeks!!  Referals massively speed up the process.

wow. 6 weeks? that is fast.

Monkey1

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 09:48:36 PM

Its quite possible.  You need to invest in the right manner, then you reach the break even point quickly and from then its pure profit.  Take a look at my account if in doubt.
PM me if you have any questions.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
btharper

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:06:33 AM

I just want to emphasize one thing: the "breakeven" and "complete reward" expected times that now are around 13 / 14 months, are based on CURRENT active mining infrastructure vs current difficulty. They don't take in consideration the new scenario with ASICs. When ASIC infrastructure will be added, I expect that they will shorten a lot (even if difficulty will hugely increase).

I would like to emphasise that the break even point quoted is only if you leave your investment and dont get any referals.  I reached break even in approx 6 weeks!!  Referals massively speed up the process.

Particularly large referrals on small deposits make this easy. Assuming you were a top level account you could get to the full reward in a day with a referral of ~1500 times your's. With a referral of ~30-40 times your deposit you could make it back in a 6 weeks. Adding more deposit to your account at this point is a great idea and lots of easy money for you to enjoy (though your bonus would slowly decrease and your referral will eventually complete as well).

That being said, finding even 10 times your deposit in referrals is the hard part to this (for any decently sized deposit).
btharper

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:15:04 AM

If I were to make several sub 1 BTC deposits into pyramining would the reward accumulate until ALL deposits completed or 1 BTC total was accumulated (then paid out as normal 1 BTC increments), or would a small transaction be generated each time a deposit finished?
pyramining (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:14:47 AM

If I were to make several sub 1 BTC deposits into pyramining would the reward accumulate until ALL deposits completed or 1 BTC total was accumulated (then paid out as normal 1 BTC increments), or would a small transaction be generated each time a deposit finished?

The payout would be sent as soon as the sum of all pending rewards (of all the deposits) reaches 1BTC. If the total rewards including bonus are < 2BTC, then you would get only one payout when the reward is complete.
Monkey1

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:14:19 PM

Particularly large referrals on small deposits make this easy. Assuming you were a top level account you could get to the full reward in a day with a referral of ~1500 times your's. With a referral of ~30-40 times your deposit you could make it back in a 6 weeks. Adding more deposit to your account at this point is a great idea and lots of easy money for you to enjoy (though your bonus would slowly decrease and your referral will eventually complete as well).

That being said, finding even 10 times your deposit in referrals is the hard part to this (for any decently sized deposit).

Its not hard to find referals, the trick is how you structure your referals and investments to maximise your return whilst minimising your return time.  That is what I am talking about!

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 08:16:39 PM

If you invest numerous small amounts in the same account over a period of time and the total return (including bonus) is less than 2 BTC, you have to wait for the account to complete before receiving anything.  If its greater than 2 BTC, you will be paid out 1 BTC when the account reaches this level.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: