Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An eye opening about Climate change that need to be shared with you. It's FUN  (Read 4165 times)
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:38:19 PM

It's so confusing all the different opinions on climate change. For me it seems that it's a natural process for the climate our planet. It's a very complicated system, with a huge amount of factors to influenciate. In reality man cannot understand all these factors. And when man cannot understand things they tend to create myths.

If man can find an excuse to make money he will try to sell you the air that we breathe

Or if it can help them control the people they will sell you the fact that a disgusting expensive energy such as solar panels or wind turbines is better than natural green energy such as oil or the most renewable and less dedly energy (only one major very deadly incident in 50years) : radioactivity
They are not really disgusting, they just need to be carefully located.  Say on islands where there is no natural energy and all electric comes from ships bringing fuel oil or coal to the island.  Or remote areas, where it isn't practical or cheap to run a power line. 

It's disgusting to lie about solar and wind and to claim they will replace coal and gas.

We have sufficient experience with solar and wind today to know these claims are false.

Look at the fail of Germany on so called "green" energies; they lost billions for nothing and they are importing nuclear energy from Poland and use coal energy

Wind turbines and solar panels use rare earth metals, wind turbines only last for 20years and need a lot of maintenance so they need a lot of resources to build and to maintain
Yes, I agree completely.  But STILL, you will agree with me that there are likely some places on this planet where solar and or windmill power do make perfect sense from an engineering and fiscal perspective.

The error is in indiscriminate promotion of these systems by governments in bed with greenies.

Oh yes I agree and the market and private capital would develop the technology but pouring billions and sometimes tens of billions in public programs without caring much about the cost or if it's profitable is a bad idea

It makes me think of hundreds of billions rail road constructed that everyone like when you could pay an airline ticket a month to every citizen for 100years with the same money!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:21:35 PM

It's so confusing all the different opinions on climate change. For me it seems that it's a natural process for the climate our planet. It's a very complicated system, with a huge amount of factors to influenciate. In reality man cannot understand all these factors. And when man cannot understand things they tend to create myths.

If man can find an excuse to make money he will try to sell you the air that we breathe

Or if it can help them control the people they will sell you the fact that a disgusting expensive energy such as solar panels or wind turbines is better than natural green energy such as oil or the most renewable and less dedly energy (only one major very deadly incident in 50years) : radioactivity
They are not really disgusting, they just need to be carefully located.  Say on islands where there is no natural energy and all electric comes from ships bringing fuel oil or coal to the island.  Or remote areas, where it isn't practical or cheap to run a power line. 

It's disgusting to lie about solar and wind and to claim they will replace coal and gas.

We have sufficient experience with solar and wind today to know these claims are false.

Look at the fail of Germany on so called "green" energies; they lost billions for nothing and they are importing nuclear energy from Poland and use coal energy

Wind turbines and solar panels use rare earth metals, wind turbines only last for 20years and need a lot of maintenance so they need a lot of resources to build and to maintain
Yes, I agree completely.  But STILL, you will agree with me that there are likely some places on this planet where solar and or windmill power do make perfect sense from an engineering and fiscal perspective.

The error is in indiscriminate promotion of these systems by governments in bed with greenies.

Oh yes I agree and the market and private capital would develop the technology but pouring billions and sometimes tens of billions in public programs without caring much about the cost or if it's profitable is a bad idea

It makes me think of hundreds of billions rail road constructed that everyone like when you could pay an airline ticket a month to every citizen for 100years with the same money!

I've always suspected under the table pumping up of the radical left green agenda, including the solar and wind games, by forces profiting from continued dependance on oil.  Used the be Evil from the view of the left was Exxon, curious that it wasn't Saudi and other middle east oil companies.  But it never was - it was the US company, Exxon. 

Lately, with Germany and the Soviet natural gas pipeline, it's became clear this is more than wild conspiracy theory. 
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:43:30 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 09:54:17 PM by Schleicher

Ha ha. LOL.
No.
They are in bed with the big companies.
Example: http://www.rag-stiftung.de/en/about-us/the-board-of-executives/dr-werner-mueller/
Certainly not anything green.
Things would look a lot different.

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

Ha ha. LOL.
No.
Example: http://www.rag-stiftung.de/en/about-us/the-board-of-executives/dr-werner-mueller/

Government are in bed with green energy companies

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar  ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt  ($500,000)*
Solyndra  ($535 million)*
Beacon Power  ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal  ($98.5 million)
SunPower  ($1.2 billion)
First Solar  ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown  ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1  ($118.5 million)*
Amonix  ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive  ($529 million)
Abound Solar  ($400 million)*
A123 Systems  ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group  ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls  ($299 million)
Brightsource  ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality  ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies  ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices  ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc.  ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company  ($10 million)*
Range Fuels  ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power  ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems  ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics  ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts  ($500,000)
Vestas  ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power  ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower  ($16 million)*
Navistar  ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc.  ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp.  ($100 million)
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Governments are also in bed with big companies

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:05:30 AM

Ha ha. LOL.
No.
Hmmm....

I guess I'll stick with my comment as made (bolded).  I'm not going to argue gov isn't in bed with many other types of companies, including oil.  But "indiscriminate promotion" of company products, as has been occurring with solar and wind, certainly doesn't extend to a lot of other categories of things that companies lobby, influence or buy off governments for.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:55:42 PM

bump as Kerry is trying to get some attention and praises for his very conventional positions on climate change

coric

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

ExToke - Fee Free Trading

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:32:44 PM

How IPCC and climate science mainstream are underestimating climate change:
The world’s climate change watchdog may be underestimating global warming
Whether they are corrupt and paid by the fossil industry or just scared and trying to appease denialists and their powerful and wealthy backers, I can't tell, but I tend to support the second hypothesis. But it clearly shows that they are anything but "alarmist", and so are the so-called "greens". Quitting nuclear energy was a terrible hit to the environment, the worst nuclear accidents pale even compared to the current damage caused by fossul fuels, not to talk about the extremely likely future risks.

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
[{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:51:28 PM

How IPCC and climate science mainstream are underestimating climate change:
The world’s climate change watchdog may be underestimating global warming
Whether they are corrupt and paid by the fossil industry or just scared and trying to appease denialists and their powerful and wealthy backers, I can't tell, but I tend to support the second hypothesis. But it clearly shows that they are anything but "alarmist", and so are the so-called "greens". Quitting nuclear energy was a terrible hit to the environment, the worst nuclear accidents pale even compared to the current damage caused by fossul fuels, not to talk about the extremely likely future risks.

Even hydro energy is more deadly than radioactivity :

Banqiao Dam   China   26,000 dead from direct flooding, 145,000 dead from subsequent famine and epidemics, 11 million homeless. Caused loss of generation, dam failed by overtopping

Solar and Windmills pollute too much and don't last enough time

ARadzi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:22:21 AM

The climate has changed throughout the earth’s history but the huge changes happening to our climate today are not due to natural causes. Natural variations happen over millions of years. Scientific research shows us that the last ice age ended around 11,000 years ago and since then, global temperature has been increasing. Climate change? Its inevitable as anything else.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 12:26:59 AM

The climate has changed throughout the earth’s history but the huge changes happening to our climate today are not due to natural causes. Natural variations happen over millions of years. Scientific research shows us that the last ice age ended around 11,000 years ago and since then, global temperature has been increasing. Climate change? Its inevitable as anything else.

We are still in the Ice Age and variations of a degree over a decade doesn't prove much and has been happening for billions of years

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:47:46 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 05:59:41 PM by Spendulus

We are still in the Ice Age and variations of a degree over a decade doesn't prove much and has been happening for billions of years

The Global Warming fantasy hysteria has made for some pretty cool plots for movies.

The Day After Tomorrow
The Colony
SnowPiercer
The Last Winter
Gulf Stream and the Next Ice Age

Wait....my mistake....those are all plots about GLOBAL COOLING!!!

LOL....

PS:  I am reminded that in the fanatical mind of the naive yet blissful acolyte of the True Faith of Gaia, Cooling is Warming:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/scarewatch/warming_really_cooling.html

Okay, so looking for Warming movies, I find really, really bad plots.

Storm Cell
Waterworld
An Inconvenient Truth(y)
Lost City Raiders
Greedy Lying Bastards
NYC:  Tornado Terror

Why?  Why are these so dumb and insipid?

Let's have ..... Sharknado ......
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:22:27 AM

climate change caused by the behavior or activity conducted by excessive yag man against the universe, the establishment of chemical factories that produce smoke and CO2, causing thinning of the ozone layer, the use of cooling alamt fron the home we also result in the depletion of the ozone layer, the depletion of the ozone layer ate climate change on the planet earth was going on, like a greenhouse, there will be global warming on the earth, the melting of ice at the north pole and south resulted in rising sea levels, and flooding everywhere
hopefully our awareness of global warming and climate change more and more, so that we do not engage in activities that could lead to global warming ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

climate change caused by the behavior or activity conducted by excessive yag man against the universe, the establishment of chemical factories that produce smoke and CO2, causing thinning of the ozone layer, the use of cooling alamt fron the home we also result in the depletion of the ozone layer, the depletion of the ozone layer ate climate change on the planet earth was going on, like a greenhouse, there will be global warming on the earth, the melting of ice at the north pole and south resulted in rising sea levels, and flooding everywhere
hopefully our awareness of global warming and climate change more and more, so that we do not engage in activities that could lead to global warming ...  Roll Eyes

Very pretty sentences but not backed up by facts or science, it's witchcraft!

We are still in Ice Age and CO2 levels can go up tremendously without affecting life

The Global Warming fantasy hysteria has made for some pretty cool plots for movies.

The Day After Tomorrow
The Colony
SnowPiercer
The Last Winter
Gulf Stream and the Next Ice Age

Wait....my mistake....those are all plots about GLOBAL COOLING!!!

LOL....

PS:  I am reminded that in the fanatical mind of the naive yet blissful acolyte of the True Faith of Gaia, Cooling is Warming:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/scarewatch/warming_really_cooling.html

Okay, so looking for Warming movies, I find really, really bad plots.

Storm Cell
Waterworld
An Inconvenient Truth(y)
Lost City Raiders
Greedy Lying Bastards
NYC:  Tornado Terror

Why?  Why are these so dumb and insipid?

In the 60s the self called climatologists said we had only 20years left but their models and predictions were false then in the 70s they had new models that were false, in the 80s it was the same, in the 90s...it was the same and in the 2000s they had new predictions and models and they receive a lot of attention, except 14 years later their predictions were not verified so we can say their predictions are shi.tty and they are unlucky as well because they could have randomly guessed right once or twice

When we get a cool year now they say it is because of global warming as well so if the year is hot it is global warming and if it is cold it is because of the global warming as well so they may get correct predictions this time but does it make sense and is it back up by science?

Climate is very hard to predict and if you mix media, politics and fame if you talk about global warming you get a group of guys to say very loudly things that are not back up by science, be smart and do your due diligence please!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:57:10 PM

Hey Dhani, I don't think that's right.

Ozone, no problem.
Greenhouse, nope.
Rising sea levels and flooding everywhere, nope.

Those are all predictions that didn't work out.

They are all ideas now being used to scare people into paying taxes.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:59:06 PM

climate change caused by...

Very pretty sentences but not backed up by facts or science, it's witchcraft!

We are still in Ice Age and CO2 levels can go up tremendously without affecting life

The climate has changed throughout the earth’s history ....

....Why?  Why are these so dumb and insipid?
Climate is very hard to predict and if you mix media, politics and fame if you talk about global warming you get a group of guys to say very loudly things that are not back up by science, be smart and do your due diligence please!
Awe come on.

Just think...It's all our fault, our nasty SUVs.  That caused global warming and the sharks grew wings and cruise the air.  They are a threat only to smaller airplanes.  But when they get hungry....

It will rain sharks and they are hungry and eat us.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: