Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious withdrawal problems from HitBTC  (Read 4318 times)
arie_pk (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:47:27 AM

Hi to everybody

I am experiencing some serious withdrawal problems from HitBTC. I am waiting for my funds for 10 days now, and all i get from their customer service is delays and excuses. B4 i get in to details, i would like to know if anyone else is or was experiencing similar problems. Also if someone has any idea how to get in touch with someone in charge at HitBTC and launch a formal commplain (the withdrawal summ is almost 100K$)

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
primevalsoup

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:30:31 AM

I am experiencing similar issues and not getting any meaningful response from HITBTC support.  To be fair, in the past (up until this week) I have had no issue with fiat withdrawals and they have always been cheap, fast, and prompt.  I have made several hundreds of thousands of fiat withdrawals in as many months.  That being said I am very concerned about the current situation at HITBTC as there are several parallels with Mt. Gox: 1. technical issues with withdrawals (they recently had a major outage with their withdrawal system) 2. clients unable to get money out 3. support unable to respond adequately (or at all) to #2 4. BTC trading at a significant premium to other exchanges presumably because clients are paying up to convert fiat to BTC (BTC withdrawals thank God still seem to work) and get their funds the hell out and reduce exposure to an exchange that offers no transparency into to who is actually behind it.

I'm going to contact the press about this in the hopes that someone will pick it up ("The Next Mtg. Gox??" would make a nice headline wouldn't it) and put pressure on the folks at HITBTC to resolve their issues right away assuming they are resolvable and this is not another case of funds gone missing.....
nbc

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:07:58 PM

They have serious problem to keep client fund both fiat and bitcoins.  Undecided
primevalsoup

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:24:49 PM

Just wanted to follow up on my previous post.  It seems the issue had to do with HITBTC implementing stricter AML/KYC compliance documentation requirements and not notifying me beforehand.  As they did not have the proper documents for me on file my withdrawal requests were simply failing without a proper explanation.  HITBTC did eventually get back to me and allowed me to get my fiat out.  So my only complaint right now is that it took longer than it should have for me to get a proper response from support.  I do intend to keep using HITBTC going forward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: