Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem: transactions would not confirmed for days!  (Read 846 times)
btcfan2015 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:10:03 AM

Hi,

A few days ago I made a few transactions - paying each time the usual 0.0001 BTC fee - with the following addresses (involving tiny amounts for testing purposes):

1NFo5qAsCm5Uc633LdivSu7QUF2kh2PSrw

1BA4xtowWC3HqsYWwWZcKmKLmUgSaw9diG

1P4nHtswu8CiZDHiPZX486m35BedGpk1gX

None of the transactions have confirmed yet and at this stage I really don't know why and what to do - as I have already checked the details of the transactions (with a couple of debug tools) and could not find anything wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated as I intend to store fairly large amounts of btc on these cold storage addresses but first really need to identify what went wrong. Thanks!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 09:20:18 AM

You should specify what wallet did you use. Did you set the fee manually, or was it automatically deducted?

I use multibit, and sometimes they add more than usual 0.0001. On one occasion I paid 0.0005, since the amount consisted of fresh coins and many dust transactions.

So it may be the case of the insufficient fees, if so, it will take much longer to process.

Just my thought, I'm not an expert.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:36:50 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 08:36:20 PM by jbrnt

The first one has over 600 confrimeds:
http://btc.blockr.io/address/info/1NFo5qAsCm5Uc633LdivSu7QUF2kh2PSrw
https://blockchain.info/address/1NFo5qAsCm5Uc633LdivSu7QUF2kh2PSrw

The seconds one has 2 unconfirmed transactions on blockchain.info but not on blockr.io. So I think the transactions are made on blockchain.info wallet and were not broadcasted by blockchain.info, during the downtime.

I think you need to grab the raw transaction of the following from blockchain.info and broadcast it again on another site. I have seen instructions on another thread, search for it.

Edit:
I tried to search for it but failed, you will have to wait for an expert to reply
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 10:17:22 AM

Hi,

A few days ago I made a few transactions - paying each time the usual 0.0001 BTC fee - with the following addresses (involving tiny amounts for testing purposes):

1NFo5qAsCm5Uc633LdivSu7QUF2kh2PSrw

1BA4xtowWC3HqsYWwWZcKmKLmUgSaw9diG

1P4nHtswu8CiZDHiPZX486m35BedGpk1gX

None of the transactions have confirmed yet and at this stage I really don't know why and what to do - as I have already checked the details of the transactions (with a couple of debug tools) and could not find anything wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated as I intend to store fairly large amounts of btc on these cold storage addresses but first really need to identify what went wrong. Thanks!

What is 'confirming' them meaning - through your software output or via an external service block explorer like blockchain.info?

hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:27:52 AM

Your unconfirmed transactions have a non standard input. Did you create them manually? If so, what is the raw transaction?
It was not propagated beyond blockchain.info and is not in the mining pool.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: