Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JavaScript developer looking to work remotely  (Read 746 times)
didntlogin (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 02:59:38 PM by didntlogin

I am a 21 year old college student looking to earn some extra pocket money.

I am familiar with HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript. I consider myself an intermediate JavaScript programmer - I am comfortable with functional JavaScript and closures.
In the past, I have made an HTML5 game using the Phaser framework (Line Runner: http://arunmahadevan.com/linerunner/ ), and a chat bot (Chat with Amy: http://chatwithamy.github.io/ ).
I have interned at a pretty well known startup in my country (I shall PM its name if you're interested), where I worked on their custom URL shortener, and contributed highly scalable code to it. I have worked with GulpJS, Grunt and Yeoman to automate several tasks. I am comfortable with MongoDB and Redis, having used both at my internship.
I wrote the URL shortener I mentioned above using NodeJS and Express. Apart from that, I have also used Socket.IO, and am familiar with concurrent programming using Node.
Other miscellaneous stuff I've worked with include: WordPress, Jekyll (the CMS), Bootstrap, Foundation.
I can also help you speed up your site on the frontend: Minifying JavaScripts and stylesheets, loading them asynchronously if needed, optimizing your images, making image sprites, etc.
Here's a link to my GitHub: https://github.com/arungm29.
I hope I can be of help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:26:50 PM

Any examples of your coding practices for larger projects that require project modularization?

Samples of your nodejs code, specially how you counter the 'pyramid of doom'? Do you use Promises?
didntlogin (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:38:24 PM

Yes, indeed, I did use the bluebird library at my internship. By the pyramid of doom, are you referring to nested callbacks? I'd either make a named function instead of an anonymous function, or just modularize properly. Unfortunately, the codebase I worked on already used promises, so I never wrote that code from scratch, but I'm aware of how it works. I don't have the code though; they had a private repository on GitHub that I no longer have access to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: